Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I read in one of the tv mags at the weekend that
    LH is in his garage when Alannah comes in - in his panic, the door into KT's room is left open!! However seemingly she doesn't call for help, leaving him asking why....
    I'm going to be sick. I don't watch it anymore, for this reason, why wouldn't she call for help?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

chuckles30 wrote: »
    I read in one of the tv mags at the weekend that
    LH is in his garage when Alannah comes in - in his panic, the door into KT's room is left open!! However seemingly she doesn't call for help, leaving him asking why....

Ah now, that would really be treating the viewers as idiots!

And why does no one ever notice or comment when LH is acting weird, ott, all het up about Header, and when he tore strips off Fareah for mentioning his depressed friend "Stephen" to someone, it just seemed to roll off her like water of a ducks back.

But if anyone else in the carrigstown bubble acts slightly out of character, som one notices and comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm going to be sick. I don't watch it anymore, for this reason, why wouldn't she call for help?!?

Ciaran has a new type of insulation, sometimes it's sound prof and other times it's not!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

maurv1 wrote: »
    Ah now, that would really be treating the viewers as idiots!

And why does no one ever notice or comment when LH is acting weird, ott, all het up about Header, and when he tore strips off Fareah for mentioning his depressed friend "Stephen" to someone, it just seemed to roll off her like water of a ducks back.

But if anyone else in the carrigstown bubble acts slightly out of character, som one notices and comments.

I think Ciaran would be attracting more attention in real life. For all people know, Katy may have been murdered last year and her body buried somewhere so you'd imagine this random stranger with no past who had befriended the O'Brien family would be regarded suspiciously, including by the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I read that Nora ends up with Oisin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

liam7831 wrote: »
    I read that Nora ends up with Oisin

He doesn't strike me as being into the older ladies, to put it politely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So theres an explosive ep next week where Paul and Niamh confront each other and the whole affair and Plan becomes public knowledge. The actors who play Paul and Niamh were asked twice in a magazine this week is this the END for them and they both gave answers which pretty much said its not and that there are some "interesting times ahead" and that "Paul will never under estimate her again".

So there you go folks. Nearly a year of a Plan to take all of his money and bring him down and walk out on him etc etc etc has culminated in exactly the way I predicted it would: Paul and Niamh stay together. How can the audience view these characters with even a shred of credibility after this??? Niamh was already massively pathetic to even still be with Paul before his affair with Hayley. Now she STILL goes back to him. Why not just fire Paul and Niamh, replace them with interesting characters who have unpredictable storylines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

So theres an explosive ep next week where Paul and Niamh confront each other and the whole affair and Plan becomes public knowledge. The actors who play Paul and Niamh were asked twice in a magazine this week is this the END for them and they both gave answers which pretty much said its not and that there are some "interesting times ahead" and that "Paul will never under estimate her again".

So there you go folks. Nearly a year of a Plan to take all of his money and bring him down and walk out on him etc etc etc has culminated in exactly the way I predicted it would: Paul and Niamh stay together. How can the audience view these characters with even a shred of credibility after this??? Niamh was already massively pathetic to even still be with Paul before his affair with Hayley. Now she STILL goes back to him. Why not just fire Paul and Niamh, replace them with interesting characters who have unpredictable storylines?

Let's hope we get a repeat of the time when Paul caught up an iron bar to whack Niamh's ex lover the late Michael O'Brien and for a few minutes became Francis Cooney. This time around, let's hope he is not talked out of it and he scares the hell out of Niamh in a similar way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

walshb wrote: »
    I reckon his best bet is to bring her to the local field blindfolded and spin her around really fast for a while and then let go....

She could feign amnesia by pretending to not recognise Ciaran...when he opens the door, ask him who he is. Keep this up for a few, dare I say it 'weeks' until Ciaran believes it and think it's safe to let her out into the above mentioned field blindfolded.
    Then when she's free...home'n'dry sotospeak, she can tell all about her ordeal. I see appearances on The LLS, The Ray Darcy show down the line.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    She could feign amnesia by pretending to not recognise Ciaran...when he opens the door, ask him who he is. Keep this up for a few, dare I say it 'weeks' until Ciaran believes it and think it's safe to let her out into the above mentioned field blindfolded.
    Then when she's free...home'n'dry sotospeak, she can tell all about her ordeal. I see appearances on The LLS, The Ray Darcy show down the line.

It does seem that the end of the KT story is probably written in stone as in they knew it would start in May last year and is planned to end maybe in August 2017 or so. Episodes are filmed about 5 or 6 weeks in advance and scripts/ideas are planned nearly 2 years in advance so there isn't a chance that they are going to change their planned trajectory, despite petitions, criticism or anything else.

I agree. Katy and Ciaran will no doubt be on the Late Late show shortly after shes killed/released. And it will be a one-sided backslap of continuous ego-feeding. "Katy, the whole country was on tenterhooks for the past 18 months, you deserve awards for your portrayal" "Ciaran, the whole country loved to hate you for all this time, nobody suspected it was you!", and other such garbage. Not a mention of how dragged out it was, how stupid people were not to question Ciaran and how KT never tried to help herself.

That's showbiz kids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes indeed, the whole Plan thing was just a load of old nonsense and hot air to give us many months of Paul - Niamh storylines, a variation of the usual one or the other having an affair, and then they kiss and make up as if nothing ever happened.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Yes indeed, the whole Plan thing was just a load of old nonsense and hot air to give us many months of Paul - Niamh storylines, a variation of the usual one or the other having an affair, and then they kiss and make up as if nothing ever happened.

Its mad isn't it? I mean I knew they were never going to split from day 1 of this Plan but the way I have been proved totally and completely right is almost eerie! No doubt they will get a few months off after they kiss and make up but what does the future hold? More affairs, shady business deals? Where does Oisin fit in to this future? They cannot do another Paul- Niamh story without viewers being reminded of the time where Niamh spent 8 months planning to leave Paul.....then never did.

Seriously, they cant do any more stories with Paul or Niamh at this stage. Its done its all over lets move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

That Ama one gives me constipation.

Wtf does she want?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

So now we have 60 days notice. Till the next installment of the KT saga.

Now we're all meant to believe Niamh would have left Carrigstown only for Cass' late intervention..

Will they gives us the tiniest bit of credit..

It's no wonder we're losing top posters like Coolhull and TTB.. Everyone has their limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

sligojoek wrote: »
    So now we have 60 days notice. Till the next installment of the KT saga.

keep up with the program 56 days

oh sh*t kate is on the way to carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

So we're obviously about to experience weeks of Nikki being everywhere Jake or Ama are!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

hope Ruth is recording all this . .

• Advertisement

Nikki is some catch.

"We all know you will be back together within a year"!!!!

I didn't want to believe it, but is it possible that the writers are lurking here and that line is a nod to none other than myself? I have repeated it dozens of times since the Plan. Then again, its entirely possible I'm being a completely self-absorbed deluded idiot!

Either way, Nikki is a great laugh, she really is a welcome addition to this show. I love the way Ama storms off on Jake "I cant meet for lunch I'm too busy all day I'm working through" then an hour later shes back out on the street "Nikki tagged you on Facebook". Oh right, not THAT busy then eh Ama :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Marcus said it exactly. Paul and Niamh will end up back together within the year!!!

Marcus said it exactly. Paul and Niamh will end up back together within the year!!!

I play Marcus! I hid it well eh?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

nagdefy wrote: »

Is Lenny telling us in a roundabout way Room (ii) is on the Horizon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Either way, Nikki is a great laugh, she really is a welcome addition to this show. I love the way Ama storms off on Jake "I cant meet for lunch I'm too busy all day I'm working through" then an hour later shes back out on the street "Nikki tagged you on Facebook". Oh right, not THAT busy then eh Ama

Anna is such a drag. Jake be better off back in the homeless shelter than listening to her whinge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I'll give it three months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

nagdefy wrote:
    It's no wonder we're losing top posters like Coolhull and TTB.. Everyone has their limit.

Maybe they got banned for a while . Like I did ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

No L/H a new plan is NOT what we need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Marcus is the voice of the thread!

Ama looks like shes auditioning off Fame! Major 80s look going on! She'll have badges on her denim jacket next!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement