Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I kid you not.....
    Great Scot! Fair City to be shown on Scottish TV

Scottish TV viewers will be able to share the tears and the joy - but mostly the tears - on Fair City when the RTÉ soap begins to be aired on new Scottish channel STV2 next week.

The Scottish broadcaster has acquired 400 episodes of the show with RTÉ also producing an additional 30-minute documentary of "the story so far", which will broadcast ahead of the soap to familiarise Scottish viewers with key characters and storylines.

Fair City follows Irish shows such as Can't Cope Won't Cope, which has been acquired by digital channel BBC Three, Love/Hate, which was also shown on Scottish TV as well as Channel 5 in the UK, and RTÉ comedy Bridget and Eamon, which aired on UK Gold.

It's like when the embarrassing uncle, the one you always forgot to mention to the new members of the family, gets let out of the mental home for a wedding/funeral for the day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Exactly. Ciaran has got himself deep into this and he wants a way out where he can get away with it and Katy can be freed. He knows these 2 things cannot be. I predict he will tell Katy to go free and will then attempt to gas himself but he will not have the bottle to do that and will dither. This will give time for Emmett to confront him. Ciaran will end up dead I predict in some way.

Ciaran dying seems the most likely option as to keep him alive means a notorious figure hovering in the background, even if he is locked up.

Farrah is going to have some explaining to do. The new American guy has spotted that he is a wrong 'un and trouble within five seconds of meeting him.

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Even she is confused about where they are....because in the next sentence after she mentioned Wales, she mentioned the Galapagos.

She said that the reason she came to take Zoe to the Galapagos is that the actress playing Zoe wants to concentrate on her school work......which seems fair enough......just a pity the script writing around it is so shocking

What they should have done with Zoe was find some plausible excuse for her to be missing for six months. They threw out a few lines about her going to the Galapagos and then hoped nobody would even remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,613 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Will we all chip in and get Zoe a flight home for Easter?

http://www.jetcost.ie/results_v2.php?sid=FIE1_58ef7012ad653

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I still can't get over the fact Ama wouldn't put out for Daaammmoooo, then she was hoping into bed with that doctor quicker than I can switch the channel when Cristiano & the gang are on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

I still can't get over the fact Ama wouldn't put out for Daaammmoooo, then she was hoping into bed with that doctor quicker than I can switch the channel when Cristiano & the gang are on

I wouldn't put out for Damo either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

nagdefy wrote: »
    Next week spoiler video!

Paul gets out his iron bar again!

Copying Tiger Woods and the golf club episode!!

Maybe they'll literally kill 2 "burds" with one stone?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Familiar with his cucumber is it ? I hear a lot of females in fair city like his cucumber................

:pac: :pac:

Tommy does nothing for my lady parts :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy does nothing for my lady parts :o

Oh yes he does. You just dont know it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    I reckon Ciaran hasn't got the bottle to kill Katy. He's passive aggressive and cannot face up to anything head on. He'll probably go to kill her but then lose his nerve (it's interesting that he almost wanted Katy to shout out and cry for help, as he's too indecisive and weak willed to do anything himself).

+1.

Ciaran isn't a killer deep down. Hes disturbed yes but he doesn't want to accept reality as it is, he instead builds a fantasy world where he is this good guy who will "eventually" let her go and isn't he great to get her chocolate! He had no intention of killing her when he started this, his biggest mistake was not putting a cap on it- a definite end date.

Now that he has forged a life in town with a baby on the way, both the viewers and Katy have to suffer the effects of his cowardice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Since when has Niamh called Cass "grandad"? I know he is her grandad but didn't she always call him Cass?

Ruthie steals the show again, complete with JoJo bow.

For a woman who single-handedly exposed what Heather was doing to Ellie last year with the pills and who knew deep down she hadn't changed, Farrah is really being stupid on this one. A man she barely knows who screams in her face every 5 minutes, talks about secret friends, never opens his backpack and never talks about his family. And despite all that , he is the man she wants to settle down and have a family with!

Alannah is even worse- Ciaran practically jumped in front of the open door when she came in and he reeked of suspicion and guilt, if she had any sort of cop on at all, she could smell something very, very off about Ciaran and search the place. And in true soap fashion, there have been break-ins but not Ciarans garage, his was left untouched and just happened to have a trapped girl within it. :rolleyes:

+1.

Ciaran isn't a killer deep down. Hes disturbed yes but he doesn't want to accept reality as it is, he instead builds a fantasy world where he is this good guy who will "eventually" let her go and isn't he great to get her chocolate! He had no intention of killing her when he started this, his biggest mistake was not putting a cap on it- a definite end date.

Now that he has forged a life in town with a baby on the way, both the viewers and Katy have to suffer the effects of his cowardice.

His extreme passive aggressive nature is what has created all his problems. Any normal person would have confronted Emmett head on about his sister but even now a year on, he cannot articulate what his problem with Emmett is, just vague stuff about him being a user.

There's a sense too that he's a serial fantasist. There was a suggestion that his missing sister may have had mental health problems and maybe this might be the real reason she went missing, not her relationship with Emmett but he of course needs a scapegoat and perhaps has difficulties facing up to the realities of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I would guess that KT getting out (which she will) it will end up with Ciaran dead. If he's caught they won't be able to handle a trial properly. With the usual all in one FC solicitor/barrister. They havnt the talent to pull it off. I would have thought the actor wants out. FC is a step down from LH. It's not a good career move. Lifer or never heard of again. He may disappear and we never find out or at best he's locked up straight in the looney bin and never heard of again. My bets? Its death for Ciaran. KT once out will be grand within 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 56,474 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Spot on, Cormdogg.

But I have to respectfully disagree regarding K Ts recovery. 3 months? Knowing FC it will likely be 3 scenes..

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I would guess that KT getting out (which she will) it will end up with Ciaran dead. If he's caught they won't be able to handle a trial properly. With the usual all in one FC solicitor/barrister. They havnt the talent to pull it off. I would have thought the actor wants out. FC is a step down from LH. It's not a good career move. Lifer or never heard of again. He may disappear and we never find out or at best he's locked up straight in the looney bin and never heard of again. My bets? Its death for Ciaran. KT once out will be grand within 3 months

Katy's reintroduction to society is a fascinating concept. The girl is close to severe malnutrition and the total lack of Vitamin D is taking its toll on her physical and mental health. How will she ever cope again with loud spaces like pubs and clubs, or even walking down the street to the sun beating down on her skin and in her eyes. Walking more than 6 feet in a row, standing for long periods, its all going to be a massive adjustment for her.

Not to mention the fact that the argument she had with her mother shortly before she vanished has essentially not made a tap of difference to her mothers wishes and seeing her happy with Tommy Dillon whilst her father has had to bring himself back from the brink is going to be another massive challenge to face. All in all interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Cormdogg wrote: »
    What exactly has become of other LH "stars"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Katy's reintroduction to society is a fascinating concept. The girl is close to severe malnutrition and the total lack of Vitamin D is taking its toll on her physical and mental health. How will she ever cope again with loud spaces like pubs and clubs, or even walking down the street to the sun beating down on her skin and in her eyes. Walking more than 6 feet in a row, standing for long periods, its all going to be a massive adjustment for her.

Not to mention the fact that the argument she had with her mother shortly before she vanished has essentially not made a tap of difference to her mothers wishes and seeing her happy with Tommy Dillon whilst her father has had to bring himself back from the brink is going to be another massive challenge to face. All in all interesting times ahead.

I'm just dying with anticipation. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

walshb wrote: »
    Spot on, Cormdogg.

But I have to respectfully disagree regarding K Ts recovery. 3 months? Knowing FC it will likely be 3 scenes..

Or years.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Katie could get out tonight and in two weeks time she'll be doing a fun run for charity not a bother in her

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Katie could get out tonight and in two weeks time she'll be doing a fun run for charity not a bother in her

She'll be part of Miriam's "skills group" in no time, that woman is obsessed with the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I haven't seen Fair city in a few weeks and to be honest, I don't know why I'm watching this dirt.

It's absolutely pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

Farrahs black roots are really bothering me

Ok, we all know he's not going to kill her, but otherwise, this is actually not bad television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm actually really shocked to say I enjoyed tonight. It was very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

For a second I thought in his rage that Ciaran was gonna call Farrah Katie's name by mistake. Would have been good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Ok, we all know he's not going to kill her, but otherwise, this is actually not bad television.
    It was brilliant. Was holding my breath at one point. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

clairek6 wrote:
    Farrahs black roots are really bothering me

She might be concerned about using hair dye in pregnancy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It was kinda good tonight, a bit of 'ooh' when Ray came knocking at the workshop.

• Advertisement

Good performances from Katy and Ciaran tonight, he started a severely disturbed individual and now he has almost spread that madness to his prisoner. Two attempts to get out and she is so broken that she refused to take them. Very sad.

Having said that, is the occasional decent episode worth all the incredibly prolonged crap from November to now? Nope, it still needs to end. NOW.

Why does Jake spend his days running after a woman who treats him like crap? Jesus just dump her and move on, plenty more fish in the sea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement