Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I bet Niamh will drive off at speed, smash into molloys garage and that dodgy lift will collapse on Ray or the other fella ... and then we will have to listen to Wayne say "I told ye so!, didnt I tell ya we needed to get a new lift!" over and over again to Orla ...

You could be on to something there. According to Sky guide on Sunday 23rd of April:
    Niamh struggles to hide her guilt which means something bad obviously happens this week. It would also tie in with the fact that Orla and Wayne have some of Paul's money invested in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Beechfiled wrote: »
    In the trailer for next week Niamh speeds off in a car and crashes into a Garage door, could this be the lock up and that's how KT is found. Pleeeeease end it soon.

I doubt it; spoiler for next Sunday:
    Katy convinces Ciaran an end to their ordeal is in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

For some reason I can't read the last post on this thread, I can see its made by Wonder, but it won't show when I click on it, I had to go into your 'answers' to see your post..... Yes Wanderer, it's you!.. I can see you tearing your hair out anytime Neimh appears, you're going to love next week's episodes, it's going to be the 'Neimh and Paul Show', Ha!........ Is Paul is going to confided in Robbie from now on, while Neimh confides in Carol!?

Ha ha to be honest im a lot more mellow now that half the cast have given out to Niamh for not seeing her word through and leaving Paul. Up to then it was annoying to watch her pretending to leave but now that everyone can see what shes like she has become pitiful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

amtc wrote: »
    Orla says she is good for numbers and Wayne with sales.

She worked in pr! He couldn't sell the shampoo he bought

I dreaded hearing that Candy is back...

Were in for another rendition of viva las Vegas in the pub then :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Where is Oisin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,615 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Where is Oisin ?

Preparing his entrepreneurial skills for the Dragon's Den hoping somebody will invest in his idea about setting a Speakeasy up in Carrikstown.

Spoilers for next week:
    Niamh ends up back with Paul (shocker I know!)
    Wayne demands 400,000 off Paul and Wayne as compensation for the fire that Niamh caused or else he will go to the cops and tell them all about Niamh and the embezzlement of the money. Paul shared it all with Wayne- the affair, Dermot, the plan to fleece him
    Katy and Ciaran come up with a plan to release her but just as they are about to do it, tragedy strikes. Now if I was a betting man id say that Farrah loses the baby and we are back to Square one.
    Heather gets a job in the Pod and Sash and Dan develop a spark for each other

• Registered Users Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Spoilers for next week:
    Niamh ends up back with Paul (shocker I know!)
    Wayne demands 400,000 off Paul and Wayne as compensation for the fire that Niamh caused or else he will go to the cops and tell them all about Niamh and the embezzlement of the money. Paul shared it all with Wayne- the affair, Dermot, the plan to fleece him
    Katy and Ciaran come up with a plan to release her but just as they are about to do it, tragedy strikes. Now if I was a betting man id say that Farrah loses the baby and we are back to Square one.
    Heather gets a job in the Pod and Sash and Dan develop a spark for each other

As for Spoiler No.3 :
    This is going beyond ridiculous. The public have been saying for months "Just end it!" but it seems we're going to have yet more stop / starts. Nobody can convince me they're making a good job of this storyline and it is a success for them

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ball In Towards

It seems to me they have no idea how to end the story and dont want it to end either, cos its getting so much publicity for the show.

It's sorta like Lost at this stage. The ending of this storyline's been dragging on for so long that, no matter how they end it it'll be a disappointment.

Strazdas wrote: »
    As for Spoiler No.3 :
    This is going beyond ridiculous. The public have been saying for months "Just end it!" but it seems we're going to have yet more stop / starts. Nobody can convince me they're making a good job of this storyline and it is a success for them

This is probably about the tenth false hope in the Katy storyline by now. We had the hunger strike, the false release, the Plan to let her go, Heather about to ring the Guards and now has a brain injury, the whole Note fiasco (which I'm convinced was the final straw for several posters here whom I haven't seen sight of since that reveal), the false gassing, Katy not running free when Alannah came in, and now this. Its hard to believe that the writers DELIBERATELY want to lose viewers but that's exactly what's happening with all these constant "just about to release her-whoahhh not yet!" stories.

Look at the official Twitter and FB pages for Fair City, filled with fans who are just fed up with it and are tuning out. I agree with you that they probably don't have anything to replace it with. The 3 big stories the last 12 months have been The Plan, Katy and Heather. With 2 of them practically over now, they haven't got another "big" storyline yet to replace it. If they don't end this Katy story soon though the viewers are going to be gone forever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Spoilers for next week:
    They really just haven't a clue what to do with Dan do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

doesn't sash eat at des Kelly's anyway
    They really just haven't a clue what to do with Dan do they?

This is probably about the tenth false hope in the Katy storyline by now. We had the hunger strike, the false release, the Plan to let her go, Heather about to ring the Guards and now has a brain injury, the whole Note fiasco (which I'm convinced was the final straw for several posters here whom I haven't seen sight of since that reveal), the false gassing, Katy not running free when Alannah came in, and now this. Its hard to believe that the writers DELIBERATELY want to lose viewers but that's exactly what's happening with all these constant "just about to release her-whoahhh not yet!" stories.

Look at the official Twitter and FB pages for Fair City, filled with fans who are just fed up with it and are tuning out. I agree with you that they probably don't have anything to replace it with. The 3 big stories the last 12 months have been The Plan, Katy and Heather. With 2 of them practically over now, they haven't got another "big" storyline yet to replace it. If they don't end this Katy story soon though the viewers are going to be gone forever.

I think the stop / start of last November when Katy was temporarily freed and then taken back into captivity would have been perfectly acceptable had they wrapped up the storyline three or four weeks later. We're now five months on and virtually nothing has happened since then and with no ending in sight.

I'm all for playing the long game but this is beyond ridiculous. They did a similar thing with Lucy but she was just a disturbed individual behaving somewhat erratically over a period of time. A girl being held hostage in a makeshift cell is a completely different type of storyline and one that doesn't lend itself to being dragged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Can there be a second petition set up banning all Americans from fair city? I can't hack the dodgy accents anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

These stories have been dragging on for too long. Especially this Niamh crack. Let's hope that this gets resolved this coming week and then Katy after that and then something new involving Cathal would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Ffs I hate hughie's son
    Such an irritating twerp

These stories have been dragging on for too long. Especially this Niamh crack. Let's hope that this gets resolved this coming week and then Katy after that and then something new involving Cathal would be good.

That's the problem- what will the new thing be? Because its obvious that the majority of storylines in FC are just easy-to-write repeats- Damien falls out with Pete, Orla and Wayne argue about money, and Sash/Kerri-Ann play Cupid. Boring.
    But Katy, Heather and even parts of The Plan were interesting and had a long story arc. If they really do plan their stories 20 months in advance, I just hope they have something worth watching down the line...

Good God Dan is back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The sooner that annoying kid with the fake American accent disappears the better, hopefully someone will give him some Veet to get rid of that ronnie on his upper lip.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,632 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is it on every night this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

whelan2 wrote: »
    Is it on every night this week?

Not tonight anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

That's the problem- what will the new thing be? Because its obvious that the majority of storylines in FC are just easy-to-write repeats- Damien falls out with Pete, Orla and Wayne argue about money, and Sash/Kerri-Ann play Cupid. Boring.
    But Katy, Heather and even parts of The Plan were interesting and had a long story arc. If they really do plan their stories 20 months in advance, I just hope they have something worth watching down the line...

True. These 3 stories can be interesting as well as frustrating. We can complain about how long drawn out these stories are but if they are resolved, I hope we are not given more of this Damien falling out with Pete, or Wayne and Orla arguing about money or Kerri-Ann/Sash playing cupid.

That Condors basketball storyline is another one that got revived a few times and was pointless. It was annoying filler the time of Cathal and the Ballintyne. Then, there was the infamous Orla screaming baby story. These useless stories are totally unnecessary imo and take from the good ones.

I think it is unfair that some of the characters in FC never get a good storyline. Orla is an obvious example: she always gets the poorer stories. A lot of these characters need to be reinvented. Dermot's reinvention is an example of how characters can be made more interesting. Suzanne likewise was reinvented and made more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, all these pointless spoilers...

All I want to know is one simple thing. Did anyone find Ruuuthie an international school?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,615 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »

I'm holding it hostage until the script writers release her!

I'm holding it hostage until the script writers release her!

Haha, sounds fair! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,849 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Oisin, Callum and Jane, do they know yet about Niamh and Marcus?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Where is Oisin, Callum and Jane, do they know yet about Niamh and Marcus?
    An input from Nicola and Claaawwwwr wouldn't go astray either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

All this talk about plans is doing my head in.

We all know Paul and Niamh being lifers will survive. The rest are expendable.

However perhaps the Skills Sharing evenings could extend to a script writing evening or two...miriam may yet be our saviour.

I'm still amazed Judith has not even rung to see how her grandchild is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,479 ✭✭✭✭walshb

amtc wrote: »
    All this talk about plans is doing my head in.

Welcome to the party!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement