Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Niamh formally adopted her (and Rachel) a few years back. She can't have kids herself due to complications caused by aborting Leo's child

She'd have rights so if they went to court .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

This is the most f*cked up episode ever...,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

She'd have rights so if they went to court .

Not if she's in the clink for embedddlement.

Actually... can't wait to see Oisins reaction to it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

fin12 wrote: »
    This is the most f*cked up episode ever...,

Ha, it's not over yet, there's more to come... :) Have to listen to next episode for the helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Not if she's in the clink for embedddlement.

Actually... can't wait to see Oisins reaction to it all.

And attempted murder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Yvonne was Lesbian before her one night stand with Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Goof effort from Paul and Niamh. Horrific camera work. If it was for effect it didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Yvonne was Lesbian before her one night stand with Paul

Yep, Charlie officiated at her lesbian wedding in the bistro years before the referendum was even thought of.

It's the Fair City way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

She never purported to be a lesbian, in fairness. She only ever said she was bisexual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

Niamh and Paul's place is in a mess, a mess, a mess !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

A few personal highlights:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

jules86 wrote: »
    Have they ever showed that lift in the garage before now?

Before the last few days the garage had not been shown since last October, never mind the lift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

A few personal highlights:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    OMG, brilliant!!! :)

Is there any point arguing over who's house is it?

Neimh,says to Paul "you've no friends".... She's a vicious bitch and doesn't have any real friends herself, Carol is a good friend to her but that friendship only developed recently, they were never really close, were they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Paul's not dead, we still have the car crash and the garage explosion.

Surely that will be when Katy is released...dare I say/hope that it will be this week?!

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    Surely that will be when Katy is released...dare I say/hope that it will be this week?!

But it's Wayne's garage that gets destroyed, not Love / Hate's repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Paul's not dead, we still have the car crash and the garage explosion.

Sometimes things they show on fair city ads don't actually happen. Remember, was it Halloween or Christmas the ad looked so interesting but none of the scenes were shown, we just saw Pete tricking everyone into giving him loads of dinner

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4EvFgCnxb0_i8E3zp4bwFW_sYlQtyBOxVMTrOdE_rnT9tgxYFPg .... Where are you? I miss you, I Really do... :D

Sometimes things they show on fair city ads don't actually happen. Remember, was it Halloween or Christmas the ad looked so interesting but none of the scenes were shown, we just saw Pete tricking everyone into giving him loads of dinner

Ah yeah, you're right about that, Flippyfloppy, I remember some spoilers being put out by Rte and nothing ever comes of them, I'm thinking of a trailer they showed last year about Heather leaving and a voice over saying something like 'love you Ellie'.. It really didn't have anything to do with what was happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Nice seeing Paul getting knocked out twice in 6 mts. First a vase and now a whiskey bottle over the head. Lovely :)

What a pile of steaming sh*te of an episode. Niamh was like a teenage version of herself from over 20 years ago. Paul was trying to be some sort of a cross between JR Ewing, the seducer, and Phil Mitchell, the hard man. And predictably ended up looking like the as*hole that he is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Paul will survive I am sure like he did when Denzo Bishop hit him. Paul will not be happy or either will Oisin and Callum. Rachel won't be happy either. This surely spells trouble for Niamh. Attempted manslaugher, fraud, etc. charges facing her surely. She is at the mercy of Paul and his children. I am sure they will get through this and get back together in the end somehow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

As sure as the pope is Catholic, Paul and Nimah will be down in Mccoys drinking together in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 13,193 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hit me!
    ...with yer rhythm stick..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,193 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

But it's Wayne's garage that gets destroyed, not Love / Hate's repair shop.
    Oohhh.. I thought it was Brennan house that goes on fire..
    Wayne's dodgy lift so??

To thine own self be true

nagdefy wrote: »
    Nice seeing Paul getting knocked out twice in 6 mts. First a vase and now a whiskey bottle over the head. Lovely :)

What a pile of steaming sh*te of an episode. Niamh was like a teenage version of herself from over 20 years ago. Paul was trying to be some sort of a cross between JR Ewing, the seducer, and Phil Mitchell, the hard man. And predictably ended up looking like the as*hole that he is.

This fight got more violent towards the end but other than that what we were seeing is typical Paul and Niamh. They have been fighting since the days of the Blue Dolphin company, trading insults like this for the past near 20 years. Then they will make up and break up and make up and break up and make up again.

Those Blue Dolphin era episodes of Paul & Niamh were very funny. I forget why that closed down but my guess would be because the people in it were always fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

This fight got more violent towards the end but other than that what we were seeing is typical Paul and Niamh. They have been fighting since the days of the Blue Dolphin company, trading insults like this for the past near 20 years. Then they will make up and break up and make up and break up and make up again.

Those Blue Dolphin era episodes of Paul & Niamh were very funny. I forget why that closed down but my guess would be because the people in it were always fighting.

I could be wrong but I think a big part of the reason Blue Dolphin closed was because Donal Maher was cheating on Nicola with her sister, Philippa. After he left the company Paul, Nicola and Niamh seemed to drift apart and do their own thing.

I also remember Orla was using that office for her pr company when she was engaged to Seamus McAleer and shagging his daughters boyfriend - William I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Paul, bowed down with his big bald head on him, to Niamh :
    "Hit me, go on, hit me".
    It reminded me of the Britney Spears number, 'Hit Me Baby One More Time.'
    Though Britney has slightly better boobs than Paul, (or, indeed Niamh) ....
    ===================
    I wouldn't worry too much about Paul's state of health after the belt of the whiskey bottle.
    No doubt he'll be back tomorrow, after being treated with the usual Fair City cure for any type of serious assault, which is a dab of blusher on one cheek and a small Elastoplast over the right eye.
    ===============

Ruthie : "Mammy, is Daddy all right? Why is he lying comatose on the floor?
    Were youse two fighting again? "

"Fighting? Good Lord, no, not at all. Daddy is fine, just getting a little rest for himself.
    You see, lovey, he was drinking whiskey earlier, and sure you know the way a bottle of Jameson goes to his head.."

"But Mammy, he's lying there on the floor, and not a word out of him. "

" Well bejaysus, he had enough feckin' words out of him earlier. Nah, lovie, Daddy will be grand, sure the bit of an ould rest will do him good. You go on upstairs now and finish colouring in your picture book, you know you're Mammy's best girl. "

===============+++++

The producers certainly got their money's worth out of the set of Brennan Mansion tonight.
    The production meeting in RTÉ was fascinating..... ........
    " Right lads, we've got this massive two-up - two-down palace setting just going to waste. Let's get our money's worth out of it.
    So, we'll start with Himself and Herself having a bit of a barney in the sitting room, then move to the kitchen so that Niamh can slake her thirst and Paul can break two cups and a dinner plate.
    Then back to the sitting room for Niamh to crash some stuff to the floor (though I hope she won't make a mess! )
    Then upstairs to the bedroom for what Paul thinks is going to be a bit of the ould hide-the-sausage. He's out of luck there, so we bring them both back downstairs again so that Niamh can batter him with the bottle of whiskey. But listen carefully, lads, I want no blood, and certainly no whiskey is to be spilt. That Jameson is 22.euro and 95 cents in Aldi.
    So let's go, people, we're going to make this an explosive episode, hopefully enough drama to get those Boardie bollixes' mind off the KT fiasco, and give us a couple of more years to figure out how to release her.
    OK, folks, let's get this show on the road. Go, go, go!! "

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

coolhull wrote: »

Ruthie : "Mammy, is Daddy all right? Why is he lying comatose on the floor?
    Were youse two fighting again? "

"Fighting? Good Lord, no, not at all. Daddy is fine, just getting a little rest for himself.
    You see, lovey, he was drinking whiskey earlier, and sure you know the way a bottle of Jameson goes straight to his head.."
    "

Line of the week

youwould wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think a big part of the reason Blue Dolphin closed was because Donal Maher was cheating on Nicola with her sister, Philippa. After he left the company Paul, Nicola and Niamh seemed to drift apart and do their own thing.

I also remember Orla was using that office for her pr company when she was engaged to Seamus McAleer and shagging his daughters boyfriend - William I think?

Remember all that now. Seamus McAleer was a big character back then. So many characters like him were silently written out over the years. Seamus Mannion was another. Seamus McAleer's last major storyline was when he survived Bill Taylor's murderous intentions. He appeared occasionally after that but was not formally written out. Seamus Mannion and his daughter were all over things for a while and then he was suddenly not seen anymore.

Donal Maher left after Blue Dolphin closed as far as I remember. Paul went into the garage almost immediately I assume (Harry is gone a good long time now, 2004 or so) and Nicola went to Cork. Niamh continued on the same type of business as Blue Dolphin but did not use that name.

It would be good to reintroduce some of these characters as they were good and were part of good storylines. There was a solicitor called Richard as well. He did a runner I recall but forget the reason.

• Advertisement

Let's all go to Barcelona and get away from this rediclicous ****e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement