Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Melanoma

Katie wants to live Katie wants to die. We wanted her to live now we don't care,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Tonight was an interesting case study I suppose into a toxic and dysfunctional relationship. They can't live with or without each other as the song goes, they're two messed up and damaged individuals.

A bit ludicrous in places but the ending was good. It seems Niamh is quite prepared to let Paul bleed to death on the floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wasn't Richard and Yvonne cokeheads? Didn't someone get hurt or killed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    Tonight was an interesting case study I suppose into a toxic and dysfunctional relationship. They can't live with or without each other as the song goes, they're two messed up and damaged individuals.

A bit ludicrous in places but the ending was good. It seems Niamh is quite prepared to let Paul bleed to death on the floor.

Thats the strange bit, she was full of bravado about leaving Paul for months now but when push came to shove she couldnt do it. This was noticed by Dermot, Nicola, Marcus, Robbie and Carol, her only ally and even she got annoyed by Niamhs weak excuses and constant u-turns. It seems she is too attached to Paul to walk out.

And yet she could have potentially killed the man and she just puts her coat on and walks out cool as a cucumber. But its all moot i guess because every single viewer, poster and script writer knows they will be back together within a few weeks. Its inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

So is Marcus gone now? I hope so. I found him painfully difficult to watch. Even more difficult to listen. Next petition: No more ear jarring American characters

• Advertisement

So is Marcus gone now? I hope so. I found him painfully difficult to watch. Even more difficult to listen. Next petition: No more ear jarring American characters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Annette the solicitor died in a fire that Richard her business partner either caused or could have stopped, can't remember which.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Annette the solicitor died in a fire that Richard her business partner either caused or could have stopped, can't remember which.

Annette was killed in a fire caused deliberately by mad ex biker Bill Taylor wasn't it? At least, I think she was Annette?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Richard and Yvonne were involved in a hit and run when they were off their heads and fecked off to Australia where she had a baby (dunno if it was his or not) and gave him up for adoption

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

padd b1975 wrote: »

Annette was killed in a fire caused deliberately by mad ex biker Bill Taylor wasn't it? At least, I think she was Annette?

Annette was killed in the fire caused by Bill. FWIW her business partner was Anthony IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

That episode wasn't believable at all. I mean a whole episode based in the Brennan house and not a sign of Oisin walking in the back door or Cass rambling into the kitchen randomly. They must have locked the doors for once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Expecting the ride when the Child was to be dropped off in fifteen mins? On top of ten mins of argueing?! No wonder she cheated

I have read that
    Paul survives and goes after Niamh and somehow their hostilities go to the garage and Niamh crashes and a fire starts leaving Orla in danger

My predictions then are (these are not spoilers but I put them in the spoiler way because they are predictions based on the spoilers) that
    Paul and Niamh survive but someone dies or gets seriously injured in the fire. This will bring Paul and Niamh to their senses and they will feel guilty. In no time at all, Paul and Niamh will be back together and Paul will be running some other successful venture

Thats the strange bit, she was full of bravado about leaving Paul for months now but when push came to shove she couldnt do it. This was noticed by Dermot, Nicola, Marcus, Robbie and Carol, her only ally and even she got annoyed by Niamhs weak excuses and constant u-turns. It seems she is too attached to Paul to walk out.

And yet she could have potentially killed the man and she just puts her coat on and walks out cool as a cucumber. But its all moot i guess because every single viewer, poster and script writer knows they will be back together within a few weeks. Its inevitable.

I think the whole point is that she is as bad as him. They are a toxic couple and not capable of forming normal relationships. It's interesting that despite all the flings and affairs, neither of them has ever attempted marriage guidance or one to one counselling of any description. They seem to have this bizarre love / hate relationship where they can't stand each other and yet go berserk when they see the other with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Niamh and Rachel cut the corpse up in the bath placing the torso in a suitcase dumping it in the canal

His moonhead will carried in a sportsbag across the city buried beside a child's playground in west Dublin

r they not gonna bury him under the patio? .... oh no wait thats already been done before in another soap with bob in it .... Brookside Inception! :)

I have read that
    Paul survives and goes after Niamh and somehow their hostilities go to the garage and Niamh crashes and a fire starts leaving Orla in danger

My predictions then are (these are not spoilers but I put them in the spoiler way because they are predictions based on the spoilers) that
    Paul and Niamh survive but someone dies or gets seriously injured in the fire. This will bring Paul and Niamh to their senses and they will feel guilty. In no time at all, Paul and Niamh will be back together and Paul will be running some other successful venture

Indeed
    And Paul made a very pertinent point last night along the lines of Niamh being incapable of leaving him and starting a new life. I'd say he's spot on and she's going nowhere

I think the whole point is that she is as bad as him. They are a toxic couple and not capable of forming normal relationships. It's interesting that despite all the flings and affairs, neither of them has ever attempted marriage guidance or one to one counselling of any description. They seem to have this bizarre love / hate relationship where they can't stand each other and yet go berserk when they see the other with someone else.

That's it exactly! From watching them down the years, I have lost count how many times Niamh said to Paul 'I hate you' and how many times Paul has apologised to Niamh after shouting at her.

They are two of a kind really. They are snobs. Look at how they looked down on Charlotte when she was friends with Rachel. Niamh and Paul look down on the Bishops in general and think they are better. They also have massive egos. We see this in Paul's putdowns of Wayne and we see it in Niamh's putdowns of Charlotte and anyone else she does not like. They are both cheats. They both judge people based on money and they both think money is all that matters. Neither of the 2 of them have any true friends and rely on each other more than they admit. When all is said and done, they both have one true friend each: each other. They also have one main enemy (the others in FC don't give a toss about them and are indifferent: the Bishops and others have better things to do, even Nicola doesn't give a toss about Niamh as long as she does not have to share an office with her): each other.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

coolhull wrote: »
    Paul, bowed down with his big bald head on him, to Niamh :
    "Hit me, go on, hit me".
    It reminded me of the Britney Spears number, 'Hit Me Baby One More Time.'
    Though Britney has slightly better boobs than Paul, (or, indeed Niamh) ....
    ===================
    I wouldn't worry too much about Paul's state of health after the belt of the whiskey bottle.
    No doubt he'll be back tomorrow, after being treated with the usual Fair City cure for any type of serious assault, which is a dab of blusher on one cheek and a small Elastoplast over the right eye.
    ===============

Ruthie : "Mammy, is Daddy all right? Why is he lying comatose on the floor?
    Were youse two fighting again? "

"Fighting? Good Lord, no, not at all. Daddy is fine, just getting a little rest for himself.
    You see, lovey, he was drinking whiskey earlier, and sure you know the way a bottle of Jameson goes to his head.."

"But Mammy, he's lying there on the floor, and not a word out of him. "

" Well bejaysus, he had enough feckin' words out of him earlier. Nah, lovie, Daddy will be grand, sure the bit of an ould rest will do him good. You go on upstairs now and finish colouring in your picture book, you know you're Mammy's best girl. "

===============+++++

The producers certainly got their money's worth out of the set of Brennan Mansion tonight.
    The production meeting in RTÉ was fascinating..... ........
    " Right lads, we've got this massive two-up - two-down palace setting just going to waste. Let's get our money's worth out of it.
    So, we'll start with Himself and Herself having a bit of a barney in the sitting room, then move to the kitchen so that Niamh can slake her thirst and Paul can break two cups and a dinner plate.
    Then back to the sitting room for Niamh to crash some stuff to the floor (though I hope she won't make a mess! )
    Then upstairs to the bedroom for what Paul thinks is going to be a bit of the ould hide-the-sausage. He's out of luck there, so we bring them both back downstairs again so that Niamh can batter him with the bottle of whiskey. But listen carefully, lads, I want no blood, and certainly no whiskey is to be spilt. That Jameson is 22.euro and 95 cents in Aldi.
    So let's go, people, we're going to make this an explosive episode, hopefully enough drama to get those Boardie bollixes' mind off the KT fiasco, and give us a couple of more years to figure out how to release her.
    OK, folks, let's get this show on the road. Go, go, go!! "

Back on form :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,850 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It would have been the price of both Paul and Niamh if Ruth was the one seriously injured or killed over their feud, a better end to the storyline imo

That's it exactly! From watching them down the years, I have lost count how many times Niamh said to Paul 'I hate you' and how many times Paul has apologised to Niamh after shouting at her.

They are two of a kind really. They are snobs. Look at how they looked down on Charlotte when she was friends with Rachel. Niamh and Paul look down on the Bishops in general and think they are better. They also have massive egos. We see this in Paul's putdowns of Wayne and we see it in Niamh's putdowns of Charlotte and anyone else she does not like. They are both cheats. They both judge people based on money and they both think money is all that matters. Neither of the 2 of them have any true friends and rely on each other more than they admit. When all is said and done, they both have one true friend each: each other. They also have one main enemy (the others in FC don't give a toss about them and are indifferent: the Bishops and others have better things to do, even Nicola doesn't give a toss about Niamh as long as she does not have to share an office with her): each other.

I suppose in one sense they are quite believable as a couple. You do hear of these marriages where both partners have flings and affairs, argue all the time and yet somehow stay together. It is clearly an unhealthy relationship and both are damaged individuals but it's the only type of relationship they are capable of.

I suppose in one sense they are quite believable as a couple. You do hear of these marriages where both partners have flings and affairs, argue all the time and yet somehow stay together. It is clearly an unhealthy relationship and both are damaged individuals but it's the only type of relationship they are capable of.

They are, and even more believable as the types one finds often in offices. The Blue Dolphin office is typical of many small business offices where rivalries, personality clashes and soured relationships cause a permanent tension between people. Sadly, there's no video clips of the Blue Dolphin anywhere that I know of. A lot of funny stuff for sure.

Has Paul and Carol ever had a thing?

Another thing one notices about Paul and Niamh is how they alienate people. Paul especially is good at this. His daughter is not talking to him and ran off. He refuses to make amends with Oisin. Callum is the only one of his adult children he is talking to, and only just. On top of this, the likes of Hughie, Pete, Wayne and Robbie have zero time for Paul. Dermot betrayed him in the end. Charlotte and the Bishops know full well what he thinks of them but Charlotte barely tolerates him because of Oisin and Callum. Decco has no time for him. Either did Zumo. Orla barely tolerates him because of Niamh. Cathal may be the only person he could form a friendship with ...... if he wasn't such a snob?!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Paul and Carol ever had a thing?

As far as I know, they never did. Paul would have been too much of a snob to be interested in the early Carol. Carol being mayor and a businesswoman now makes her a different prospect but they never got together as far as I know.

Another thing one notices about Paul and Niamh is how they alienate people. Paul especially is good at this. His daughter is not talking to him and ran off. He refuses to make amends with Oisin. Callum is the only one of his adult children he is talking to, and only just. On top of this, the likes of Hughie, Pete, Wayne and Robbie have zero time for Paul. Dermot betrayed him in the end. Charlotte and the Bishops know full well what he thinks of them but Charlotte barely tolerates him because of Oisin and Callum. Decco has no time for him. Either did Zumo. Orla barely tolerates him because of Niamh. Cathal may be the only person he could form a friendship with ...... if he wasn't such a snob?!

Were Paul and Hughie good mates in the heydays of the show, when Helen and Natalie were alive, does Paul visit Barry anymore too?

I think the women Paul had relationships with were Helen, Nicola, the mad garage owner who killed her husband, Yvonne, Jane, Hayley and did I leave any out? I think maybe Robyn in the garage briefly? Cannot remember if she was with Paul for a bit or just with Jimmy. Of course, Niamh was the main love interest though.

I think the women Paul had relationships with were Helen, Nicola, the mad garage owner who killed her husband, Yvonne, Jane, Hayley and did I leave any out? I think maybe Robyn in the garage briefly? Cannot remember if she was with Paul for a bit or just with Jimmy. Of course, Niamh was the main love interest though.

He kissed Farrah and did he also sleep with Orla?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Were Paul and Hughie good mates in the heydays of the show, when Helen and Natalie were alive, does Paul visit Barry anymore too?

I think Paul and Hughie were friends back then. Interesting you should mention Barry. He would be due out now. Like a lot of characters, he is not referred to once he has left the show.

I do not remember the earlier pre-Blue Dolphin Paul all that well. He had more hair and was a nicer person that is certain. Paul turned into a grumpy, arrogant, egotistical snob during the time in that office and Niamh was showing similar. The Paul we now know was born in that office and it may be that his friendship with Niamh changed both for the worse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement