Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has Paul and Carol ever had a thing?

It would be like throwing a sausage down O Connell street

• Registered Users Posts: 30,615 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Is it even possible for Niamh to give Paul back his money? I think she needs Dermot for that. And he wouldn't even be getting all his money back as Dermot has the rest!

All Niamh has to do to give back the money is press enter!

tupenny wrote: »
    Only half way through and probs loada great posts but right now I'm delighted! Hughie's son said he was ****in off outa here 👐 rejoice

I feel pretty sorry for you right now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

All Niamh has to do to give back the money is press enter!

Yes, she will do this and be telling Paul she loves him in no time at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Loads going on tonight and then we get a little clip of Katie and Ciaran in the Room with him telling her how peaceful it is!!!

Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

It's actually been over a year since Ciaran's character appeared on our screens; out the window with the idea that he had a 12 month contract and will be gone soon. April 10th first appearance. Guessing the writers still don't know how to get Katy out, and also, I'm sure they'd like to keep the character of Ciaran too.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

happyday wrote: »
    Loads going on tonight and then we get a little clip of Katie and Ciaran in the Room with him telling her how peaceful it is!!!

Ah that was good, I also liked Niamh telling Paul"I'm going to bed and you can go to hell" at the end

It's actually been over a year since Ciaran's character appeared on our screens; out the window with the idea that he had a 12 month contract and will be gone soon. April 10th first appearance. Guessing the writers still don't know how to get Katy out, and also, I'm sure they'd like to keep the character of Ciaran too.

There is another bizarre way this Ciaran/Katy story could go. The 2 of them swap places! Ciaran is saying the place is calm and peaceful and he said to Katy that she does not think so. Katy totally brainwashed by him is released and we see her coming back to talk to Ciaran and bring him what he wants. Ciaran hides out 24/7 in the workshop and sleeps in the place Katy is in. Anything is possible at this stage!

There is another bizarre way this Ciaran/Katy story could go. The 2 of them swap places! Ciaran is saying the place is calm and peaceful and he said to Katy that she does not think so. Katy totally brainwashed by him is released and we see her coming back to talk to Ciaran and bring him what he wants. Ciaran hides out 24/7 in the workshop and sleeps in the place Katy is in. Anything is possible at this stage!

And of course there's the issue of the rent of the place Ciaran is in. Ciaran will have money to do so or Katy will set something up there by day while Ciaran hides out and only comes out in the evenings. Ciaran could feel he needs to be punished and tell Katy that he not her deserves to be in the cell and she then starts to feel pity for him and goes along with his wishes.

• Advertisement

The link didn't work for me, so I looked up their account, and I burst out laughing!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,374 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

nagdefy wrote: »
    What's the odds Wayne and Orla have fcuked up the insurance payment :)

When they ran the pub, they already fecked up the insurance and couldn't sort some damage.
    If they run with the same story again, it's lazy in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Since when are the guards the "police"?

Your man from Home and Away needs to crack the whip on mistakes like that!

I think "police" is perfectly acceptable to use, even for Irish people. The Gardai are no different to any other police force in Europe, it's just that that is their official title. If someone asked you where the nearest police station was, there would be no confusion whatsoever.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think "police" is perfectly acceptable to use, even for Irish people. The Gardai are no different to any other police force in Europe, it's just that that is their official title. If someone asked you where the nearest police station was, there would be no confusion whatsoever.

I get what your saying but I don't know anybody who calls the Gardai/Guards the Police. Some might refer to them as the cops or even the shades.

I get what your saying but I don't know anybody who calls the Gardai/Guards the Police. Some might refer to them as the cops or even the shades.

I have, I've definitely heard 'police station' and 'the police' in the past. Usually it's colloquial and conversational ie. 'there was a big fight in the street and then the police arrived' but I've heard it for certain.

Besides, the Gardai are the police force of Ireland, to say that a Garda station is not a police station would really be stretching things.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I have, I've definitely heard 'police station' and 'the police' in the past. Usually it's colloquial and conversational ie. 'there was a big fight in the street and then the police arrived' but I've heard it for certain.

Besides, the Gardai are the police force of Ireland, to say that a Garda station is not a police station would really be stretching things.

I suppose it's just one of these things I have never really heard Irish people say. It might be because I'm from the county or the people I associate with but I understand you use it and have heard it used.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

LOL @ Paul rising from his injury like Nosferatu the Vampyre.

O_Gif-Nosferatu_4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Back on form :D

Go on the coolhull, you're the Bull, you're the Bull, you're the Bull !

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Go on the coolhull, you're the Bull, you're the Bull, you're the Bull !

Not sure what that means, Mena, but if Tommy is mostly called the Ram, then I guess I can live with being called the Bull!
    In fact, I'd be flattered!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Niamh's A3 was probably over 15 years old, bit strange for the wife of a millionaire!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Niamh and Paul arrive into the Hungry Pig looking like Chimney Sweeps from a Charles Dickens novel and nobody bats an eyelid.

Carrigstown residents are not known for their observational skills - remember Heather came out of her little car crash outside L/H's lockup in Bob's car looking like she'd blow torched her face - did anyone notice that either???

Actually - I don't remember Bob ever following up on who stole his car that time? Or did they know it was Heather?

I predict something is going to happen Doug.......he was very wheezy after coming out of the fire last night. Surely in that situation, ambulance or fire brigade would insist on checking him over?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,486 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Agreed. In my hearings 99 percent of the time Irish people refer to the police as the cops or guards, or gardai or pigs...

And I can't ever recall police station. It's either the cop shop or the Garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hi Everyone, just dropped by to make sure you're all ok. I'm not fully up to date but i hear there's a lot of trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Carrigstown residents are not known for their observational skills - remember Heather came out of her little car crash outside L/H's lockup in Bob's car looking like she'd blow torched her face - did anyone notice that either???

Actually - I don't remember Bob ever following up on who stole his car that time? Or did they know it was Heather?

I predict something is going to happen Doug.......he was very wheezy after coming out of the fire last night. Surely in that situation, ambulance or fire brigade would insist on checking him over?

would you believe i was near the scene of a false alarm fire brigade call out (turned out to be exhaust fumes)and saw a nurse check a guy over for exhaust inhalation just for being in the area. So you are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,071 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

coolhull wrote: »
    Not sure what that means, Mena, but if Tommy is mostly called the Ram, then I guess I can live with being called the Bull!
    In fact, I'd be flattered!

Around these here parts it's seen as a compliment when roared at you. We're like that in Offaly. Yup !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

I only just realised Carrie Crowley is Carrie Crowley. Feeling very stupid :o Knew I recognised her from somewhere. Only took me a few years....

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Niamh's A3 was probably over 15 years old, bit strange for the wife of a millionaire!

One of the last scenes I remember of Niamh in a car was when it broke down outside McCoys. It was when Paul and her split up over the mechanic and she Paul offered to fix her car and that's when they started to click again. She had an 05-07 Audi A4 saloon then. So, Niamh is after down seizing!

I suppose it's just one of these things I have never really heard Irish people say. It might be because I'm from the county or the people I associate with but I understand you use it and have heard it used.

I would say it's mostly Gardai or guards, but I've heard 'police' used in the past and haven't batted an eyelid (I'm in Dublin btw).

A couple of mistakes in last night's episode. Doug would not have been allowed leave the scene without being checked over by paramedics and giving a statement to the cops, given that he works at the garage and rescued Orla.

How is Niamh going to explain her car crashing through the shutters and then fleeing the scene.....by trying to make out someone was behind the wheel perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Coat22

I've managed to stay away from this for 6 months but the ammo this week is just too much to ignore....
    Can't even remember half of it there's so much packed in. 
    The highlights:
    1. They seem to be stuffing Doug for Christmas. 
    2. Niamh letting slip about her con earlier in the week: 
    "Well maybe I have my own money"
    "What did you say???"
    "Oh nothing. It was nothing"
    "Ok then lets forget you said it"
    3. Paul get bludgeoned by Niamh, wakes up and manages to put a perfect plaster on the back of his own head that a surgeon would be proud of. Not only that but despite the fact he had glass gouging out of it there appears to be no blood at all. 
    4. Paul finds Niamh in her (clapped out although she's loaded) car in the garage. He tries to get in but all the brute force he can muster won't let him so he gets a crow bar. Then she crashes and low and behold he runs to the passenger door and opens it with no effort. 
    5. Orla gets trapped by a metal cabinet and lies there helpless roaring and getting ready to die. Doug (starting to tweak that they're fattening him up for a reason) runs in past the car (which for some reason is only on fire at the top of the back window) and with less effort than Paul opening the car door lifts it up. The  poor Orla who has been helplessly trapped in a blazing inferno hops up like a 6 year old at gymnastics and skips out of the place (this for me was the worst piece of acting / directing of the night)
    6. Back outside and Paul and Niamh calmy walk off, oblivious to the fact that the fireworks they've been hiding in Niamh's car for Halloween have just been lit up like Niamh was by Mumbles. Actual fireworks. Have reported RTE to Sgt Deegan for this one. 
    7. Meanwhile in a lock up which I always presumed was next to the garage KT and Love Hate move ever closer to getting it on. Not a word of the racket to be heard or maybe they're just like the punters in McCoys and don't care what all the racket is about. After all why would a kidnapper be nervous of the sounds of all the approaching sirens.
    I could go on - the storyline, acting and directing were so full of holes a school child would be embarrassed by them but it was classic FC Gold.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement