Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Blues_Rock

Felt that this episode was pretty anti-climatic.....I'm not saying I wanted someone to die or to get injured, as what appeared to be the case going from all the oh-so convenient circumstances.....(i.e. Orla turning on the radio just before the racket outside, whilst precariously reaching for a ledger of some sorts, while a superser that happened to be in the perfect location was in the garage whilst draining petrol/oil)

Anyway.....it would have been nice it there was some form of a conclusion to it, but the only conclusion appears to be is that it's more of the same, which is more back and forth nonsense that drags on for another couple at months at best :P

Not that I'm surprised, but one can't help but suspend disbelief when watching Fair City from time to time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TheYoungWan

I feel the same, the writers had so many opportunities to make it a memorable episode but they played it safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,615 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Somebody should let Niamh know her Audi A3 is actually registered as a MERCEDES BENZ C180!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Paul on Ray Darcy now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shellybelle

Poor ould Cass got landed paying for TWO icecreams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Somebody should let Niamh know her Audi A3 is actually registered as a MERCEDES BENZ C180!

Sure that's the least of her worries, did you not see the MESS?!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

sligojoek wrote: »
    Paul on Ray Darcy now

Why does that not surprise me. D'Arcy probably being the only thing on RTÉ more ridiculous than FC scripts!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

With all the drama and tension and explosiveness of the past few days I almost forgot about the real happenings in FC..... Jake and Ama? Are they on or off?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Coat22 wrote: »
    7. Meanwhile in a lock up which I always presumed was next to the garage KT and Love Hate move ever closer to getting it on. Not a word of the racket to be heard or maybe they're just like the punters in McCoys and don't care what all the racket is about. After all why would a kidnapper be nervous of the sounds of all the approaching sirens.

I think at one point they were implying that the lock up was nearby, and it seemed that way with the amount of local folk who randomly turned up there to see Ciaran.

Since then it was mentioned during an episode that it's in the Santry Industrial Estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Just caught up on last night's episode. Everything about it was unrealistic. I doubt the writer even owns a car let alone has been in a garage. Anyway, I was impressed with Ruthie, when she's actually given lines that aren't revolved around colouring or milkshakes she's a great little actress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,615 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

dee_mc wrote: »
    Sure that's the least of her worries, did you not see the MESS?!

Nora's booked in to do the Brennans house and the garage since she's an industrial cleaner!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Sparko wrote: »
    I think at one point they were implying that the lock up was nearby, and it seemed that way with the amount of local folk who randomly turned up there to see Ciaran.

Since then it was mentioned during an episode that it's in the Santry Industrial Estate.

The most ridiculous of the lock-up random visitors was Ellie. She just turned up one day in her uniform and found the tablet there as well. Despite the fact that the lock up is in an industrial estate about an hour from town and Ellie cant even go to the kitchen unsupervised. Are we meant to believe that some random 11 yr old just happened to know the exact lock-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

After the foiled escape Katy made a big deal about her 'being in Carrigstown' all this time as well (I think LH made a comment about living with Emmet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Only watched it today...what was with the changing time zones. It zoomed between daylight and dusk at different times. Plus was the bit with Katy just dropped in as they forgot to film a bit extra. Also Niamh leaves the house with Ruth who is not wearing a coat and later tells her in the Hungry Pig to put in her jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭currants

What a piss poor effort at lifting The War of the Roses- to think FC thought that this pair could recreate Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner :D
    These last 2 epis only showed up how truly awful at acting they both are.
    Get rid of Niamh and Paul, nobody cares about them any more, we're all bored sick of sh*t acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Niamh's A3 was probably over 15 years old, bit strange for the wife of a millionaire!
    FC coffers wouldn't stretch to trashing anything other than an old car.

I didn't enjoy the two hander, I found it a bit boring. I did think that Clelia Murphy acted brilliantly in the fire episode. Sheer shock and inability to think straight, she did a great job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Did you see a huge piece missing out of the casing around the door lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Ruth has a real Dublin accent..... See she was able to predict that Neimh would leave the front door open before it hppened. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,856 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What a complete let down week, why big it up with hype when it was crap, RTE idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

currants wrote: »
    What a piss poor effort at lifting The War of the Roses- to think FC thought that this pair could recreate Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner :D
    These last 2 epis only showed up how truly awful at acting they both are.
    Get rid of Niamh and Paul, nobody cares about them any more, we're all bored sick of sh*t acting.

Thanks! I've just found "The War of the Roses" online and your post reminded me that I wanted to watch it.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,193 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

That episode shows how even more ruthless (pun aside) Niamh is.. She caused her cousins garage to burn down and doesn't seem.one bit guilty.
    Dermo can.come back from exile now with his new kidney..

To thine own self be true

I don't know what they spend their 11m budget on.. Such a poor show of a fire, they could have got some decent sound affects free from the Google Apps play Store, instead, they buy a couple of bangers and rockets from the dealers on Moore St... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

garage has burnt to the ground ....... silver lining , they dont have to bother about replacing the dodgy lift any more :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Still self exiled in my metaphorical back street garage (in a metaphorical industrial estate) but I just needed to share this tweet!

Positive thinking, different outlook, delusion or just plain lies?! You decide.

https://twitter.com/IamSamAtwell/status/855165637525733376

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Niamh's A3 was probably over 15 years old, bit strange for the wife of a millionaire!

When Niamh followed Paul and Hayley to the apartment a few months ago, she was driving a 07-D. Still though, very strange for the wife of a supposed millionaire who also runs her own software company. Anything over 5 years old seems odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

what fell onto orla's leg(s) was it a metal rack or something? - she could have lifted that off - what is she a man or a mouse? ...

what fell onto orla's leg(s) was it a metal rack or something? - she could have lifted that off - what is she a man or a mouse? ...

What a pathetic scene, she had her hands free, could have pushed the cabinet off herself, and there was nothing wrong with her legs when she was released... :rolleyes:

Still self exiled in my metaphorical back street garage (in a metaphorical industrial estate) but I just needed to share this tweet!

Positive thinking, different outlook, delusion or just plain lies?! You decide.

https://twitter.com/IamSamAtwell/status/855165637525733376

"Fantastic acting by @clelia_murphy & @TormeyTony tonight in #faircity, certainly kept me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for tomorrow!"

:D

Paul and Neimh, fake account .. Ha! ⤴

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That episode shows how even more ruthless (pun aside) Niamh is.. She caused her cousins garage to burn down and doesn't seem.one bit guilty.
    Dermo can.come back from exile now with his new kidney..

I love the way Niamh headed off to bed for her night's sleep after nearly killing Paul, nearly killing Orla, burning the garage to the ground and as if she hadn't a care in the world :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

It was absolutely hilarious, she had been trapped under supposedly tremendous weight, enter Doug, who miraculously turns into the incredible hulk and lifts this deathly weight off of Orla, she hops up like a spring rabbit with no injury at all, but it seems that poor Doug has used all his strength lifting the cabinet, he cannot move fast enough and Orla has to use turbo boost to get him out.

The way she scuttled him out the door was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement