Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Strazdas wrote: »
    I love the way Niamh headed off to bed for her night's sleep after nearly killing Paul, nearly killing Orla, burning the garage to the ground and as if she hadn't a care in the world :D

ah shure , just a normal day for her wasnt it? :D

Orla: "doug saved my life wayne!"

Doug: "ah sure it was nothing man"

Wayne: "I dunno how to thank you man ..... have tomorrow off - oh and I will get you that new lift" ...

Doug: "Sound!"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Still self exiled in my metaphorical back street garage (in a metaphorical industrial estate) but I just needed to share this tweet!

Positive thinking, different outlook, delusion or just plain lies?! You decide.

U OK HUN?

PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

threetrees wrote: »
    FC coffers wouldn't stretch to trashing anything other than an old car.

I didn't enjoy the two hander, I found it a bit boring. I did think that Clelia Murphy acted brilliantly in the fire episode. Sheer shock and inability to think straight, she did a great job.

I disagree. I think her whole confused/fidgety effort was over played and forced..

Or in the words of another poster, piss poor!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

what fell onto orla's leg(s) was it a metal rack or something? - she could have lifted that off - what is she a man or a mouse? ...

Failing that they could have at least showed Doug struggle, even a teeny bit to lift it off her. No no. Not FC. Chap lifted it off like it was a tea towel he was shifting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sligojoek wrote: »
    Still self exiled in my metaphorical back street garage (in a metaphorical industrial estate) but I just needed to share this tweet!

Positive thinking, different outlook, delusion or just plain lies?! You decide.

U OK HUN?

PM me.

I sent you a NOTE? Didn't you get it??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Pauldy's head stuck to the floor from dried blood and the labels of the whiskey bottle beside him:D He cleaned himself up well even managed to bandage his neck even though he got the bottle over his head. He was walking around like the hunchback of Notre Dame while looking for Niamh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,638 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Pauldy's head stuck to the floor from dried blood and the labels of the whiskey bottle beside him:D He cleaned himself up well even managed to bandage his neck even though he got the bottle over his head. He was walking around like the hunchback of Notre Dame while looking for Niamh.

He reminded me of shrek. Fantastic recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,856 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love the way Niamh headed off to bed for her night's sleep after nearly killing Paul, nearly killing Orla, burning the garage to the ground and as if she hadn't a care in the world :D

Did Niamh know about Orla?

Is Doug going to die as he refused medical assistance and was coughing loads

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Payne hears that the garage is gone up in flames and says the insurance will cover it with out asking how the fire started, you'd imagine that would be his first question.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Imo the most annoying character of the decade is Kevin

Is that the young yank trying to grow a moustache? His character is pointless adds nothing to the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,792 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is he a yank? He sounds french/slovak tryna do a yank. Tom Cruise did a better Irish accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Its blatantly obvious that the next Plan is Kevin slowly building the trust and respect of the Phelans only to pull the rug from under their feet with an elaborate financial scam or trickery and he will run back to the States with all his money.
    I'm concerned as to what the next "big" storyline is in FC. The Plan is effectively over, Katy is surely over within the next 2 months. Then what? Lauras sex life? Caoimhe working part time? They really, really need something meaty and interesting to sustain the viewers interest and not another clichéd "Carol and my oh so hard life" nonsense like last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Lol @ Niamh saying to Paul that he doesn't have any friends, she doesn't have any friends either:confused:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is he a yank? He sounds french/slovak tryna do a yank. Tom Cruise did a better Irish accent.

Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of him, just a few scenes but it seems his face doesn't move and has no body language, he looks and sounds like a cartoon character or a puppet! Just kind of stands there reading autocue with a miserable face.

Fair-City-Eps-70-Farrah-pushes-Kevin-to-open-up.jpg

quhVl5Bc.jpg

Any nicknames for him yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

He always looks like he's dying from sinus issues

He always looks like he's dying from sinus issues

Looks and sounds stoned also, or in some sort of a trance!

Pauldy's head stuck to the floor from dried blood and the labels of the whiskey bottle beside him:D He cleaned himself up well even managed to bandage his neck even though he got the bottle over his head.

I had a horrible boil/spot thing on the back of my neck once, tried to put a plaster on it myself - near on impossible, unfortunately I hadnt the powers of being double jointed and ambidextrous ... and I might be pushing the boat out here but seeing how perfectly precisely placed he covered his wound, well with my sceptical hat on I am going to reckon that he never put that on himself and got help from someone .... (extra plot twist/plan thats yet to be somehow written into a later episode?) so, who dunnit? ... who dressed Pauls wound? ... cue manic drums! ...

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

ah sure he went for a drink afterwards with emmet - thats just as good as medical treatment and he didnt have to wait 4 hours in A&E ......

he's a bloody hero Doug, look how he lifted that rack off Orla.. like it was a bit of polystyrene .... oh, wait, it most probably was made out of polystyrene ...

ah yeah .. the Irish actor blatantly putting on a rubbish american accent ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There's no way he would be able to stop that amount of bleeding with a plaster. He would need to be fully bandaged up with the bandage wrapped around his head.....a plaster is just meant to cover a wound and stop it from being infected.

There's no way he would be able to stop that amount of bleeding with a plaster. He would need to be fully bandaged up with the bandage wrapped around his head.....a plaster is just meant to cover a wound and stop it from being infected.

I guess the FC budget couldnt stretch to another €60 to get a doctor's opinion for the writers/producers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He'd probably have to get bits of glass taken out aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I guess the FC budget couldnt stretch to another €60 to get a doctor's opinion for the writers/producers

They're taking dramatic licence of course (the whole episode was implausible, Paul was smashed over the head with a whiskey bottle and left unconscious. He would need stitches in the wound at least and probably need a CT scan).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is Paul going to call the guards on Niamh, he said she'd only get as far as the exercise yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Admittedly I haven't seen a lot of him, just a few scenes but it seems his face doesn't move and has no body language, he looks and sounds like a cartoon character or a puppet! Just kind of stands there reading autocue with a miserable face.

Fair-City-Eps-70-Farrah-pushes-Kevin-to-open-up.jpg

quhVl5Bc.jpg

Any nicknames for him yet?

USA Lite, USA Zero or Diet USA

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rose16

Rose16 wrote: »

Or ...
    Half Yank

Or
    No Yank

Im having a ball for meself

• Advertisement

Rose16 wrote: »

One of the scenes I saw of him he said that The Pod was such a stup1d name! 100% a reference to this thread!

So is Marcus completely gone? I genuinely couldn't watch anymore scenes with him and Niamh. Horrid stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement