Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

gimme my money

• Registered Users Posts: 30,617 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're in for a treat now the lesbian and the grumpy wheelchair guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Who cleaned up that mess in the Brennens? Everything was back to normal overnight, not a thing out of place. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Oh come ooooon, if Ruthie can hear them shouting from the imaginary upstairs of the house then she can certainly hear them talking at full volume when she's sitting between them on the couch! There was absolutely no good reason to have her in that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Doug was able to go straight to the pub for a few pints after inhaling deadly smoke and getting burnt by the flames...

Then he has to be rushed to A&E in the "middle of the night" coz the pain was so bad.

Paul and Niamh can sit pretty- Deegan is on the case, he couldn't solve the mystery of the Obvious Twitchy Odd Stranger in the Lives of a Kidnapped Girls Family, so there's no WAY he could even begin to untangle The Plan.

• Advertisement

Doug was able to go straight to the pub for a few pints after inhaling deadly smoke and getting burnt by the flames...

Then he has to be rushed to A&E in the "middle of the night" coz the pain was so bad.

Paul and Niamh can sit pretty- Deegan is on the case, he couldn't solve the mystery of the Obvious Twitchy Odd Stranger in the Lives of a Kidnapped Girls Family, so there's no WAY he could even begin to untangle The Plan.

The Doug bit makes a certain amount of sense tbh: he's fairly thick, and after an incident like this you'd likely be hopped up on adrenalin and not fully aware of pain etc.
    Everything else about the show is entirely removed from reality though, I'll grant you that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

dee_mc wrote: »
    Oh come ooooon, if Ruthie can hear them shouting from the imaginary upstairs of the house then she can certainly hear them talking at full volume when she's sitting between them on the couch! There was absolutely no good reason to have her in that scene.

I think it was a masterful piece of creative writing.

Niamh wanted to admit the truth and face the law and was harping on about NotJenniferAniston potentially dying in the fire and Junior not having a mother but The Don used Ruth as an emotional blackmail tool to prevent Niamh making the call.........:eek: as it would mean Ruth growing up without Niamh (which would be the best thing for Ruth anyway)

Stunning scene. I don't often say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Who cleaned up that mess in the Brennens? Everything was back to normal overnight, not a thing out of place. :rolleyes:

And surely Callum must have seen the mess. Niamh crunched over the broken cups as she walked up to bed. Does he live there still?

I think it was a masterful piece of creative writing.

Niamh wanted to admit the truth and face the law and was harping on about NotJenniferAniston potentially dying in the fire and Junior not having a mother but The Don used Ruth as an emotional blackmail tool to prevent Niamh making the call.........:eek: as it would mean Ruth growing up without Niamh (which would be the best thing for Ruth anyway)

Stunning scene. I don't often say that.

I respectfully disagree. Maybe if they'd had her wake up from a bad dream and had Paul and Niamh comfort her back to sleep, then have the conversation in the knowledge that she definitely couldn't hear, it would've come off a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Since Ruth is arguably the most intelligent character in the show, she could easily unravel the entire mess that has been 6 months worth of storylines by asking Deegan "What does embezzlement and kidnapping mean and why would my mammy go to jail for it?". Cue Niamh looking shifty and uncomfortable, placed in handcuffs- case closed!

Also, memo to Paul - SHE CANT GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY! Dermot took most of it and hers is resting is some offshore account ready for her new life which will never happen.

• Advertisement

I respectfully disagree. Maybe if they'd had her wake up from a bad dream and had Paul and Niamh comfort her back to sleep, then have the conversation in the knowledge that she definitely couldn't hear, it would've come off a bit better.

Clearly I was joking! My time away hasn't reformed me so much to the point of delusionalism!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Why are Paul and Niamh out for a drink after all of that? Deegan doing his interviews in the pub! Absolute manure. Is KT back being KT?

Clearly I was joking! My time away hasn't reformed me so much to the point of delusionalism!!

I did wonder how you'd mellowed so much in such a short time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FC prediction: K T gets out next month. After being quizzed for ten mins by Deegan he charges her with lying about her disappearance and she gets convicted and sentenced to life imprisonment!

How long before wheelie Dan confesses his love for Sash?

Attempted manslaughter? That's a new one!

They were even so shameless to make sure we knew that KT was being released coincidentally on the anniversary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why are Paul and Niamh out for a drink after all of that? Deegan doing his interviews in the pub! Absolute manure. Is KT back being KT?

Because like the other characters... they're members of a secret society called 'The Inebriati' (AKA The Knights Tippler).

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Niamh worried about Doug's hands and the damage done to them by the fire.

Seriously has anyone seen his hair? Looks like the fire melted it into his scalp but no mention of that!

Dan and sash get a taxi to the wedding but walk/wheel back home through the park??!

laylag wrote: »

Dan and sash get a taxi to the wedding but walk/wheel back home through the park??!

The last person to wheel home through that park at that time of the night.........well we all know what happened there. bit of a contrast of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I haven't been watching FC for long and wasn't watching at the time Katie initially went missing, so can anyone tell me what happened? Did she have much interaction with Ciaran before he took her? Did she just go missing out of the blue? Was it obvious all along that Ciaran had her? So many questions!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Niamh should change her plan and blame all on Paul get him done and sent down and where the hell is Oisin, has he and Charlotte met Kevin yet who now is running Pod Hostel

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

walshb wrote: »
    How long before wheelie Dan confesses his love for Sash?

I honestly think I'd rather watch The Plan from the very beginning than suffer through this forced crap with Dan & Sash.

Why wasn't Charlotte invited to the Bishop wedding?

youwould wrote:
    Why wasn't Charlotte invited to the Bishop wedding?

Did you hear Decco's comment about how no Bishop can miss a Bishop wedding - has he forgotten that his mother and grandmother missed his wedding less than a year ago?!
    Lazy writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did you hear Decco's comment about how no Bishop can miss a Bishop wedding - has he forgotten that his mother and grandmother missed his wedding less than a year ago?!
    Lazy writing.

I thought Eileen returned for it but clashed with Kerri Anne

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    I thought Eileen returned for it but clashed with Kerri Anne

You're probably right, but still, lazy writing!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

anna080 wrote: »
    I haven't been watching FC for long and wasn't watching at the time Katie initially went missing, so can anyone tell me what happened? Did she have much interaction with Ciaran before he took her? Did she just go missing out of the blue? Was it obvious all along that Ciaran had her? So many questions!

Virtually no interaction between she and Ciaran before the kidnapping (but she certainly knew him). She had a big row with her mother (over Debbie's affair with Tommy) and stormed out but was never seen again after that - I think her mother assumed initially she went to Galway to cool off.

It wasn't obvious what had happened to her for a good while but then we saw scenes of her in the cell from September onwards interacting with the mystery captor (who we could hear but not see) and people here began to guess it must be Ciaran, as he was acting quite shiftily in his day to day life. Katy became aware that Ciaran was the kidnapper around the end of October, early November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

A couple of calls to hospitals blows Paul and Niamh's alibi out of the window.

Also, I know the garage is on hard times but why were they draining petrol into a bucket and not a fuel can?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement