Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Final destination

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

So Paul, Niamh, Orla, Doug and assorted relatives were all in hospital and yet no one bumped into the other. There are hardly multiple hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

amtc wrote: »
    So Paul, Niamh, Orla, Doug and assorted relatives were all in hospital and yet no one bumped into the other. There are hardly multiple hospitals.

Carrigstown General...makes the Pentagon look like a corner shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

It's none of Orla's business that her friend and cousin's husband put her in A&E or that she was nearly killed and her business burned to the ground.

Cormdogg wrote: »
    It's none of Orla's business that her friend and cousin's husband put her in A&E or that she was nearly killed and her business burned to the ground.

But Paulio and Niamh were just so convincing with their stories in the community centre and their home..

• Advertisement

I know nothing in FC is based on reality but if you're in an enclosed space like a garage with 2 open buckets'o'petrol you would be choking on the fumes before you started worrying about fire. Open containers of petrol, shutters down, gas heater on! Who wrote that? Dying to see what the Deegan and Arson Squad come up with. I would say most Gaurds would conclude the cause of fire was a car ramming through the doors. Doug of course wont be able to keep it to himself. "Well wuz draining the petrol from eye level into two buckets, It wuz takin a couple of hours so I had the super ser on to keep warum"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

amtc wrote: »

Paul and Niamh wer'nt REALLY in hospital silly....:p..as the guards will discover when they check out their story...or will they..

Also...i'm starting to hope Ciaran never lets Katy out...

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Tell Paul that there is no offence known as attempted manslaughter.

Also, I hope that they all turned over to see Line of Duty - that was gold standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Isnt attempted manslaughter, just attempted murder??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

No offense to Clelia and Tony personally but they are turning into Enda Kenny.. They don't know when it's time to go..
    It's not their fault, they are the product of ridiculous story writing and as a result their characters are no longer believable.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

bazermc wrote: »

The definition of manslaughter is "the unlawful killing of another person without premeditation or so-called "malice aforethought" (an evil intent prior to the killing)."

So attempted manslaughter would be attempting to do something that you didn't set out to attempt.......so in other words, it's impossible!!

Niamh didn't set out to murder Orla, so it's not attempted murder. If Orla had died, it would be manslaughter. Not sure what she should actually be guilty of...criminal damage? some kind of assault charge? Leaving the scene of an accident?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

chuckles30 wrote: »
    The definition of manslaughter is "the unlawful killing of another person without premeditation or so-called "malice aforethought" (an evil intent prior to the killing)."

So attempted manslaughter would be attempting to do something that you didn't set out to attempt.......so in other words, it's impossible!!

Niamh didn't set out to murder Orla, so it's not attempted murder. If Orla had died, it would be manslaughter. Not sure what she should actually be guilty of...criminal damage? some kind of assault charge? Leaving the scene of an accident?

Not a legal expert but I would say dangerous driving and criminal damage.

I can't see how she and Paul would escape the rap for this. There's not a shred of evidence that anyone else but Niamh was behind the wheel of her own car.

bazermc wrote: »

Kind of. There is no crime that I am aware of that they call attempted manslaughter.

I'm attempting to kill you but I'm not intending to.. These writers are numpties!

Maybe they went for the I'm intending to kill you but not attempting to? Head scratching stuff altogether!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

If the writers get Niamh and the Don out of this situation they really are (again) taking the p1$$.

This is Wayne, the man that the Don ruined financially and has belittled for years business at risk, nevermind the fact that it nearly killed his wife.
    I mean, it is pretty clear Wayne knows they are behind it but they are making out that he cannot prove it even though he has every shred of evidence, ability to disprove any alibi (ring all the hospitals). I mean, why would he agree to protect The Don, effectively! The writing makes no logical sense!

Wayne could even be criminally liable for covering up evidence now when the insurance company assess the scene.

Sure didn't Niamh and The Don walk into the Hungry Pig like Chimney sweepers (as someone here said!!) a couple of minutes after the explosion so why would The Don even think that beyond the stupid1ty of Wayne, he could cover himself with the A & E alibi!

I actually kind of enjoyed the "explosion episode", excusing the acting and lack of attention to detail, but the aftermath has, once again destroyed it!

But Marcus is gone and thats always a plus I guess!

So the garage cctv went up. Is there no other camera on that street. Last night it looked like the garage is across the street from McCoys! They have zero alibi. If Niamh wheres here coat again it would be reeking of smoke. Is this the end of the coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Put a steak in Fair City it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

walshb wrote: »
    Carrigstown General...makes the Pentagon look like a corner shop!

Big hospital, one bed.

youwould wrote: »
    I honestly think I'd rather watch The Plan from the very beginning than suffer through this forced crap with Dan & Sash.

Fook the plan. Bring back Kelly's Bunions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Most CCTVs are recorded and viewed online. Pity FC don't know that. Paul and Niamh looking and acting shifty, guilt written all over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Who here likes roundabouts?
    Next week Ciaran is hesitant to let Katy go when push comes to shove so he pretends he is the kidnapper and rings Emmet, ordering him to burn all of Katys belongings and cancel the vigil to mark the year. He does this and Eoghan and Debbie are furious at him. Katy realises she may never get home. Rose starts to show more signs of Alzheimers
    Ciaran loses it again with Farrah and insists they aren't going anywhere and must stay put in town. He abandons her in the pub and Rennee and Bob express concern that Ciaran isn't a suitable dad/boyfriend but Farrah tells them all to butt out of her life

Jesus, there is literally NOTHING new in the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

At this stage FC producers could stick in a tape from three weeks ago and play it for us this week and none of us would be able to tell the difference

It barely has enough material to keep it afloat for a once a week show, never mind 2 or 3! How it squeezes 4 episodes is miraculous!

In essence you have scenes with nothing happening very fast, then you'd cut to a scene where nothing happened even faster.
    So wash, rinse, repeat!

The ad break "anti climax's" are the funniest!! It takes creative writing to write 100 scenes where nothing actually happens in fairness to them!!

Now we have months of The Don telling Niamh to "get me my money "

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Lads the 'actor' who plays Kevin is atrocious. monotone and wooden, he's like a cyborg. (that would be a very good plot twist!) He actually sounds more central European than he does American. Is Ireland's pool of actors that small that they can't get someone half decent in especially when there's going to be a storyline around them for months to come. Although i suspect most actors in the country wouldn't touch Fair City with a barge pole and who'd blame them? Anyways, Please Fair City writers, stop the damn dodgy accents!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Lads the 'actor' who plays Kevin is atrocious. monotone and wooden, he's like a cyborg. (that would be a very good plot twist!) He actually sounds more central European than he does American. Is Ireland's pool of actors that small that they can't get someone half decent in especially when there's going to be a storyline around them for months to come. Although i suspect most actors in the country wouldn't touch Fair City with a barge pole and who'd blame them? Anyways, Please Fair City writers, stop the damn dodgy accents!

Lots of great actors in Ireland working day jobs and grinding out acting work in short films and amateur plays waiting for a break that usually never comes. They would be delighted to score a paying job in FC. But one point I would like to make is that the direction on FC is absolutely awful - worse than the scripts. Hence decent actors fail to impress. I've seen a lot of them in other productions over the years and you'd be surprised how good they are. That said the actors playing Paul, Niamh and Leo are crap, no matter what they are in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I'm sorry, Ciaran PRETENDS he's the kidnapper?????

I'm sorry, Ciaran PRETENDS he's the kidnapper?????
    He rings Emmet and tells him if he ever wants to see Katy alive again, he should burn all her belongings and cancel the vigil. He disguises his voice for the call

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Lots of great actors in Ireland working day jobs and grinding out acting work in short films and amateur plays waiting for a break that usually never comes. They would be delighted to score a paying job in FC. But one point I would like to make is that the direction on FC is absolutely awful - worse than the scripts. Hence decent actors fail to impress. I've seen a lot of them in other productions over the years and you'd be surprised how good they are. That said the actors playing Paul, Niamh and Leo are crap, no matter what they are in.

Paul and Niamh really haven't been in anything else for them to call themselves an "actor"- they are playing the same role over and over, They are only in it for the paycheque at this stage, they certainly aren't talented whereas the likes of Bryan Murry and Una Kavanagh are completely WASTED on FC. They have won awards for their acting skills outside of FC but they are at the mercy of the muppets who write the script.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Paul and Niamh really haven't been in anything else for them to call themselves an "actor"- they are playing the same role over and over, They are only in it for the paycheque at this stage, they certainly aren't talented whereas the likes of Bryan Murry and Una Kavanagh are completely WASTED on FC. They have won awards for their acting skills outside of FC but they are at the mercy of the muppets who write the script.

Niamh - Clelia Murphy stars in a lot of short films. I've seen a few of them. Apart from bad films, she's terrible anyway. Saw her in the Abbey a few months ago. Awful.

Paul - Tony Tormey - I agree, a real soap opera warrior. I've seen him in a few other bits and pieces and it isn't pleasant.

Haaaaaaaaaa!!!

Our Trayceeeee Barlow and Rob are heading to The Galapagos now!!

Someone for Zoe to hang around with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

:D
    They have obviously heard its the place to go if you want to disappear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement