Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Lol are Orla and Wayne still renting off Paul and Niamh!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Sash wants a baby. Laura won't. Exactly like Damien and caoimhe.
    This data entry that Heather is doing? Part of Roboyank's plan (shudder) to ruin Hughie? What kind of data entry would you have in a hostel anyway?
    Hughie mentioned that the pod is getting good reviews online. You never see any guests there so perhaps Heather is writing the reviews. She is a fiction writer after all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've given up watching.. I just come here for the synopsis!
    I'd love if Boards got a 'Talk To a Fair City script writer' thread.
    Who can we heckle for that??!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Was Farrah on the sunbeds? Ciaran is turning into a **** pantomime villan.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The year of the bad snow, 2011/2012, there was a pipe burst chez Foggy. No plan. No ulterior motive. Extreme cold weather caused a pipe to freeze, expand & ultimately burst. . Minor damage. It was 5 months before the insurance company conceded to pay for the repair work. In Fair City, it takes less than 24 hours for the insurance to agree to cough up. Some folk move to Zurich, me? I'm moving to Carrickstown.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I've given up watching.. I just come here for the synopsis!
    I'd love if Boards got a 'Talk To a Fair City script writer' thread.
    Who can we heckle for that??!!
    Or even a one off AMA would do..
    Can you imagine.. Boards would crash with all the traffic.
    Now You're Talking to...someone who gets paid to write utter tripe and still keeps going..

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    The year of the bad snow, 2011/2012, there was a pipe burst chez Foggy. No plan. No ulterior motive. Extreme cold weather caused a pipe to freeze, expand & ultimately burst. . Minor damage. It was 5 months before the insurance company conceded to pay for the repair work. In Fair City, it takes less than 24 hours for the insurance to agree to cough up. Some folk move to Zurich, me? I'm moving to Carrickstown.

its Fair City ... they make it up as they go along :D

its not meant the be a factual true-to-life soap (if it is .. they fail every week)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Cazale wrote: »
    Was Farrah on the sunbeds?........

she was so red in the face I was beginning to think it was her who drove into the garage instead of Niamh! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

KT to Ciarán as he storms out. : "Ciarán! Ciarán! I'm here if you need me!"
    Eh, yes, sweetie, I think he knows where to find you if he needs you. He'll no doubt remember where he left you last, in that high-security, soundproof, compact but luxurious Rice Krispy box that's proving more difficult to escape from than Alcatraz.

Strangely, Renee said the same thing to Farrah. "If you need us, you know where to find us."
    But that's just it, Renee, we wouldn't have a clue where to find you and Bob. It could be the the coffee shop in the market, the Community Centre, the Station, McCoy's, Vino's or Spar. But going by the last few dozen episodes, we can be fairly sure that wherever you are, Renee, Bob will be only two paces behind, following you around like a pet chihuahua. The only thing we do know is that Bob will never, ever be found is in that place where he owns and works.

To the complete and utter shock of all of us, tonight's episode was full of contradictions.
    Niamh said in almost the first scene "Wayne and Orla , they're not getting a penny from me, not a penny".
    54 seconds later : "I'm going to the bank right now to transfer the money to Orla's account" ..... (will Niamh never learn? No need to go all the way to the bank, luv, just press ctrl/transfer + enter, job done)
    "Paul, I'm not giving you any of my money, certainly not".
    1 min 40 seconds later : "I'm going to give you one hundred thousand, and that's it."
    34 seconds pass.. "All right, two hundred thousand, just to stop you whinging"......
    At this rate, Paul just has to hang in there and he'll be getting back more from her than she stole.
    Jaysis, I'm starting to regret that I didn't marry her meself now.

Well, maybe not......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

That episode was carnage. Like a bad school play
    Laois_Man wrote: »
    Yeah if you ignore the fact that it makes absolutely no ****in sense it was! Neither the bit about the Molly's successfully blackmailing the Brennans for committing a crime there's no evidence of nor the bit about Ciaran blaming Emmet over the miscarrage on the basis of nothing whatsoever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ciaran must have been watching too much Dirty Harry. Ciaran is as deranged as the Scorpio killer but he is not a killer and Emmett is no Harry to bring him to justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Two things that are as predictable as a wet summer in Galway, paul and Nimah will be back together in no time, the KT kidnap farce will end with a siege at the workshop with Ellie saving the day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Ciaran must have been watching too much Dirty Harry. Ciaran is as deranged as the Scorpio killer but he is not a killer and Emmett is no Harry to bring him to justice.

Emmet is as thick as a ditch, he knows the phone number after recieving and sending photo messages but still can't click to trace the phone. Ciaran can plant items in the station without being spotted not even on cctv :rolleyes: Bring back the whispering dectective he'll sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lycra Laura is one self righteous b1tch :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Cazale wrote: »
    Was Farrah on the sunbeds? Ciaran is turning into a **** pantomime villan.

This is exactly what I thought when Ciaran was pointing at Emmet and shouting "you'll be the one to suffer". I almost expected Ciaran to throw his head back and cackle and take off on his witches (or warlocks) broom at the end of the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Wayne has actually been my favourite character for the last 6 months. He's a disaster of a man but his encounters with Paul are often golden and some of the best moments on Fair City I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Wayne has actually been my favourite character for the last 6 months. He's a disaster of a man but his encounters with Paul are often golden and some of the best moments on Fair City I think.

Same with Hughie and Impoverished Don. I love when Hughie gets a little dig in on him!
    Hughie has great potential, good actor, interesting background etc but they have subjected him to some awful sh1te like the Plan, the fussing around Header scenes and now this RoboYank nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

Roboyank "keeping the customer happy that's my job." Yeah customer service with a face like a slapped arse.

I have noticed that every scene that Niamh and The Don get into a row, Callum happens to walk in/by and gives out to them!!

Cass did the same for the last fortnight!

What sort of marriage that you can't even have a row without people interrupting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wayne and Orla don't seem to care how Paul found out about the fire...:confused:
    And where's Oishin..he was bursting into Paul's house at every opportunity...now...gone missing...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I have noticed that every scene that Niamh and The Don get into a row, Callum happens to walk in/by and gives out to them!!

What sort of marriage that you can't even have a row without people interrupting!

And Oisin must have vanished into thin air!

I never even thought about CCTV at The Station, and they clearly have it because they used it in a scene last year. All Emmet had to do was ask Robbie to look who was near the couch where the scarf was and in the meantime get the Guards to trace the number, all the while playing along with the game.

Did you see the preview for next Tuesday on Player? Ciaran practically TELLS Emmet its him ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Foggy Jew wrote: »

Shoulda gone to Chill Insurance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Paul & Celia have officially become that married couple from Father Ted who spent their time abusing and trying to kill each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

This is exactly what I thought when Ciaran was pointing at Emmet and shouting "you'll be the one to suffer". I almost expected Ciaran to throw his head back and cackle and take off on his witches (or warlocks) broom at the end of the scene.

isn't that his dayjob (in real life)??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yes, I thought the scenes where Cass kept barging into the middle of rows involving Paul and Niamh (in their own house!) and scowling his disapproval at them were crass in the extreme. If I happened upon a couple arguing, I would always beat a hasty retreat.....their disagreement would be none of my business. I guess soap characters are not renowned for being tactful or emotionally intelligent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Strazdas wrote:
    Yes, I thought the scenes where Cass kept barging into the middle of rows involving Paul and Niamh (in their own house!) and scowling his disapproval at them were crass in the extreme. If I happened upon a couple arguing, I would always beat a hasty retreat.....their disagreement would be none of my business. I guess soap characters are not renowned for being tactful or emotionally intelligent though.

Cass and Niamh hadn't shared any screen time in years either then all of a sudden they were bumping into each other every three minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

And Oisin must have vanished into thin air!

I never even thought about CCTV at The Station, and they clearly have it because they used it in a scene last year. All Emmet had to do was ask Robbie to look who was near the couch where the scarf was and in the meantime get the Guards to trace the number, all the while playing along with the game.

Did you see the preview for next Tuesday on Player? Ciaran practically TELLS Emmet its him ha ha

A load of bollox writing by prima donna tossers. How many times has this thread mentioned the fact that the show is an insult to its viewers.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I was at the chastitute in the Gaiety last night. Actor who plays Renee was there with guess who tagging along?

bazermc wrote: »
    I was at the chastitute in the Gaiety last night. Actor who plays Renee was there with guess who tagging along?

ha! They are partners in real life, which makes the fact that they can't do anything else interesting with their characters than sticking them together and pottering about in other characters' plots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Paul & Celia have officially become that married couple from Father Ted who spent their time abusing and trying to kill each other.

But they were funny and entertaining, these aren't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement