Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I too noticed the convienient timing of sash and Laura's break up, just as Katy might be free!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Blurryface wrote: »
    Both the Eurovision and the Champions League matches are being shown on RTE2, according to the listings on the RTE website.

So why isn't Fair City being shown as normal on RTE One? :confused:

The Fair City slot seems like it's just being replaced with "fillers" like "You Should Really see a Doctor" next Tuesday, an Angela Scanlon Eurovision Behind the Scenes thing on Wednesday and even tonight they put a nature documentary into the slot.

Could it be that Fair City is so expensive to make that RTE can't afford to take the hit in advertising revenue as a result of people switching over to watch RTE2 so they put these cheaper fillers on RTE One instead? The whole thing puzzles me.

Will it get to a stage that we won't get a Fair City everytime TV3 schedule a new Paul Williams gangland crime documentary or TG4 decide to show reruns of Dallas or Aifric? :D

Don't get me wrong though, missing a few nights of FC a week probably does nobody any harm, especially considering the rubbish we have been getting these last few weeks/months/years (depending on your personal opinion) ;)

RTE have always not shown Fair City on the Eurovision semi-final night Ireland is in it IIRC. Not sure about it not being shown for the other semi-final or for the matches. Then they show 2 in a row on the 14th meaning they are making up for one of the episodes they missed.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It's all viewership rationale. They have to omit certain FC slots during the year as they only have 199 episodes to get out. So 52 × 4 = 208. That means 9 slots have to be taken away during the year. Bank holidays, Euro vision are days FC viewing would be down obviously so they are logical days to omit the episodes.

I don't recall Champ League semi ever causing it to be cancelled but perhaps they had an extra day still to omit or else they had to ensure the episodes were in synch. By that I mean ensure the alway0s distinct Sunday episode (with its plethora of "comeback cast members" and The Don out of a suit) actually fAllington on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Keaevin is Headers knight in shining armor

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

A back garden! !

Is this the first time we've seen a back garden?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭purple_rose

Deegan must be the most over worked garda in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

ah here . . I thought emmet was going to video himself burning Katys things as proof to love hate. is he just going to show him the ashes? sure he could have just burned anything so if that's the case and just have a pile of ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

ah here . . I thought emmet was going to video himself burning Katys things as proof to love hate. is he just going to show him the ashes? sure he could have just burned anything so if that's the case and just have a pile of ashes.

Said the same to meself, fooking rediclicous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

This has gone beyond ridiculous...who in rte thought this was a good idea. And like many other characters in fair city, ciaran can't act for nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

vkid wrote: »
    This has gone beyond ridiculous...who in rte thought this was a good idea. And like many other characters in fair city, ciaran can't act for nuts.

Ciaran was in Love/Hate so I think that makes him good by default.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

pjohnson wrote:

In the corridors of Montrose maybe...he can't act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Farrah said to ciaran she feels like she's living with a stranger. She's known him about 2 months of course it's like living with a stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Emmet's Liam Neeson impression brought me back ...brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ciarans "beard" is the mankiest looking thing on telly

Anyone notice the 'empty' boxes? Supposedly they had a bunch of candles in them, too heavy for Rose to lift, Ha!... They're not fooling us, are they? ... First, empty coffee cups then empty paint pots now boxes..why don't they just put some weight into the containers.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Emmett has a lovely beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Cazale wrote: »

Emmett has a lovely beard.
    Emmet and Cathal have much better beards Ciaran just looks homeless or just unclean in general

No Beards are really nice, I prefer stubble. :)

The Garda/Degan called to the O'Brian looking for another photo of Katy? :confused: did he not notice the 100s of posters Rose was disturbing?.. :rolleyes:.. It's shocking how FC are portraying the AGS... :eek:

I saw Dan yesterday in Stephen's Green. I was fairly drunk so it was a bit of shock that he wasn't in his wheelchair.

Emmet and Cathal have much better beards Ciaran just looks homeless or just unclean in general

I think he looks scruffy because he always seems to wear the same clothes.

Where's Neimh? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who are the cutest couple? LH and Farrah or the Ram and Stripey?

I know, reduced to this....😒

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I know that ciaran's voice is distorted but he has a particular cadence to his voice that you should be able to recognise.

As for the comment that you'll see Katy come through that door...tommy and Debbie will have moved as they pointed out tonight.

Plus there's a wine rack in Debbie' s kitchen which had six bottles in it last www...now none...that was quick

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

pjohnson wrote: »

I don't think so! If I hear him say 'Huh?' one more time at the end of a sentence I'm going to lose my mind :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭littelady

I thought Caoimh was wrong with her catty attitude towards Rose given the fact the Ram did break up Roses sons marraige and as it's Katie's first anniversary away from home Rose would be in a bad place emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think Emmett knowing katie is alive has just killed the ounce of suspense that this story had left. It's so stupid. Ciaran is beyond farcical at this stage, the going on of him on the phone. Ugh. Please put this sh!t to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

I'd be happy if they dragged out Katy for another year if it meant them getting rid of the fake American. I'm surprised he's not working in the deli with the cheese, his accent is that grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cazale wrote: »
    I saw Dan yesterday in Stephen's Green. I was fairly drunk so it was a bit of shock that he wasn't in his wheelchair.

Did you tell him you loved him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BiancaJackson

Even if you were to ignore or forget all the ridiculous plot holes that have gone before, this is bloody ridiculous!! It couldn't be more obvious that Ciarán has KT. He could have her stuck into his backpack and her head sticking up resting on his shoulder it'd be less obvious!

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Did you tell him you loved him

No I stared at him from behind a bin for a few minutes and then wandered off to get some doughnuts.

• Advertisement

I'd be happy if they dragged out Katy for another year if it meant them getting rid of the fake American. I'm surprised he's not working in the deli with the cheese, his accent is that grating.

He remains me of someone who's been in the USA armed forces, like GI-Joe, he's very robotic..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement