Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    How is that even suppose to work like?? If he kills himself sure how will he know if he lets Katie go??

Eskimo Boy has it all figured out...not even a split second's hesitation. LH hadn't even finished his sentence and he was rudely interrupted with, "I'm in!"

Comedy Gold this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

happyday wrote: »
    True. Not something you'd like children to see.

Was not needed , disturbing scene , it made it uncomfortable viewing ... especially for 8pm.

As god awful as the writing and acting can be, RTE can't excuse itself from not Warning about it, they have issued warnings for viewers for a lot less .

walshb wrote: »
    Eskimo Boy has it all figured out...not even a split second's hesitation. LH hadn't even finished his sentence and he was rudely interrupted with, "I'm in!"

Comedy Gold this show.

Normally we sit and laugh or cringe at FC but when it brings in suicide and self harm in order to further it's woeful storylines it's just irresponsible writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I keep imagining Ciaran furtively ducking in and out among the clothes rails of KTs favourite shop. Maybe holding a mini skirt at arms length to check if it'll look nice on KT. Then doing the same in the chemist buying blonde hair dye while surrounded by shopping bags from KTs ladies boutique.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I'd actually love to kill that sick f*cker Ciaran myself and wtf is that Kevin's problem? Why is he ordering Heather around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I wonder what song was on the CD? :D

The First Cut is the Deepest?

:-P

Awful episode did anyone else notice when Heather rushed out of Phelan's shop early on in the episode she could be seen bending down as if avoiding something on the set? Surely they could have called for another take there. And also that baby Saoirse grew in size in about ten minutes -

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Cuts Both Ways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

happyday wrote: »
    True. Not something you'd like children to see.
    This gets wheeled out at every controversial soap episode. Children have no business watching soaps period, and it's parents duty to ensure their child isn't exposed to distressing scenes, not RTÉ.
    Is it okay to watch a miscarriage storyline, cheating, affairs, rapes, deaths, accidents, kidnappings etc but not self harm? Or should all soaps be a longer version of peppa pig storylines so as not to offend parents who let their child watch soaps

oh my god, no episode until next Sunday?? - seriously? - I cant stand this, why dont they put all the eurovision crap on RTE2 and leave FC alone where it is..

I know a whole week, it's a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Gettin fairly fed up of not seeing the hottest red head on Irish TV around ....

• Advertisement

MelanieC wrote: »
    Cuts Both Ways?

Cuts like a knife Bryan Adams.

Gettin fairly fed up of not seeing the hottest red head on Irish TV around ....

Emmett is the hottest red head on Irish tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

oh my god, no episode until next Sunday?? - seriously? - I cant stand this, why dont they put all the eurovision crap on RTE2 and leave FC alone where it is..

Both the semi finals are on RTE2 tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ah lads children these days are not precious little flowers who live in bubble wrap and disintegrate at the mere sight of fake blood or swear words. With the internet being everywhere and kids as young as 2 being shoved ipads to entertain themselves, you can bet your life that they have seen more disturbing videos on You Tube before they even sit down for breakfast.

You would need to be very precious indeed to want a warning for that scene tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The only warnings they should put ahead of FC is warning us of shambolic acting and farcical nonsence.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd love to play a game of Cluedo with the residents of Carrigstown because they'll be so easy to beat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,802 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Romance alert! (Note this is not a spoiler because I haven't read it anywhere) but I bet fake American Louie son is gonna cop off with hevver ... Watch this space ! ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Katie's favourite band. Savages.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,970 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

No new episode til next Sunday, i'm okay with this, take the whole summer if they want and come back with something watchable

That's bonkers. They're taking a week long break in the middle of the Ciaran - Emmett storyline, thus destroying any sense of tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

How do you do a one way video call?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

laylag wrote: »
    How do you do a one way video call?

No idea. Emmet knew how to do it straight away. Why did they have Ellie coming into the kitchen looking for juice in the middle of it? I was wondering if Emmet would hear her.

Ah lads children these days are not precious little flowers who live in bubble wrap and disintegrate at the mere sight of fake blood or swear words. With the internet being everywhere and kids as young as 2 being shoved ipads to entertain themselves, you can bet your life that they have seen more disturbing videos on You Tube before they even sit down for breakfast.

You would need to be very precious indeed to want a warning for that scene tonight.

It wasn't so much the blood it was the act itself , the self harm . Maybe because its as a result of experiences and personal views . I switched it off at that scene

Emmet is been "forced" to self harm but as far as those around him they think it's due to a mental breakdown.

Imagine been a parent of a child who is and has self harmed or a child/teenager going through same thing ( and i mean self harm )

I would applaud FC if they did a self harm storyline (maybe they have my apologies if they did) but they shouldn't​ use it as a way to further an unbelievable storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I hear that next week, before Eskimo Boy takes his own life, LH has him run around Vinos in the nip with nothing but chopped tomatoes covering his red hairy bits.

He then has to hit McCoy's (still in the nip and privates covered in tomatoes) and order an egg toasty to go, and fook off without paying, heading to the Pod to book in for the night, and leaving without paying...

Can't wait. This story is just full of thrills...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Debbie at al only moved to Carraigstown a short while ago...so where did all the extras know her from? Where was her school? Wouldn't Jackie have been there to support her manager and friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

walshb wrote:
    I hear that next week, before Eskimo Boy takes his own life, LH has him run around Vinos in the nip with nothing but chopped tomatoes covering his red hairy bits.

walshb wrote:
    He then has to hit McCoy's (still in the nip and privates covered in tomatoes) and order an egg toasty to go, and fook off without paying, heading to the Pod to book in for the night, and leaving without paying...

walshb wrote:
    Can't wait. This story is just full of thrills...

Having a crap morning in work and this gave me a great giggle!!! Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

amtc wrote: »
    Debbie at al only moved to Carraigstown a short while ago...so where did all the extras know her from? Where was her school? Wouldn't Jackie have been there to support her manager and friend?

I was thinking this too. Where were Katy's friends Charlotte,Oisin,Doug? How about Charlie,Bela and Cass - they were all over her when she was doing her 1916 thing,you'd think they'd be there. And her employers at Spar were sitting in the pub at the time,couldn't be bothered stepping outside to give their support.

Most depressing vigil ever when none of the poor girl's community could be arsed. At the very least I thought Cathal would make an appearance just for sh1ts and giggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

anna080 wrote: »
    The only way Fair City producers can crawl back any kind of credibility when it comes to Kevin is if they reveal him to be a faux yank all along and a fraudster. I just laugh whenever he comes on the screen.

They already did that with the first Louis staking a claim on Mike's fortune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

They have been there a few years.
    They are from close by, given the accents
    They both work/have worked in jobs where you meet plenty of people.
    North Dublin I'd small enough
    Everyone just hangs around on the street in the day and goes drinking at night.

A girl going missing like that would make a lot of media!

I actually thought it was a tiny vigil!

I'll be honest I was only half (or even a quarter ) watching it yesterday as my dinner was in front of me!

Pretzill wrote: »

The First Cut is the Deepest?

:-P

Awful episode did anyone else notice when Heather rushed out of Phelan's shop early on in the episode she could be seen bending down as if avoiding something on the set? Surely they could have called for another take there. And also that baby Saoirse grew in size in about ten minutes -

How did Heather know Saoirses name? And how is an almost 1 year old still in a rock a tot?

Also agree with another poster that the warning should've been given before the show about Emmets self harm - not from a Nanny state because I personally don't think kids should be watching soaps - but because some people watching may have gone through this or could be going through it and it's quite harrowing.

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »
    The 14th May ep is obviously the Katy getting released after siege/fire/escape/found by someone etc.
    Take a bow writers, you successfully dragged this storyline out for a solid 12 months and alienated half the audience in the process.

Its hard to see where the O Briens go from here: is Katy going to want to stay in a town with so many bad memories and that's presuming she ever becomes mentally well again. Watching her adjust to daily routines, exercise, the outdoors, freedom of choice etc will be interesting for a few weeks but they need much more to grab the viewers interest. I fear there wont be an equivalent storyline for a very long time on FC.

Plus the O Briens, having experienced so much tragedy and misery the last few years, would surely want to leave town and start afresh elsewhere.

Rose and her forgetfulness should turn into a Alzheimer's storyline....

I called this in November last year! She left the saucepan on then she forgot to put on the boiler then she forgot where she left her wool. It was like they were building up to do a story on it and it was put on the back burner for a while and now they seem to be going back to it.. I suppose they'll need a big story once Katy is free

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement