Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,831 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

nice_very wrote: »
    my selfie with KT

received_10153958194570764.jpg

Cool pic : she's one of my favourite characters on the show

Doctors on the ward wouldn't have to wait until the next day for the results of Dermot's scan, it would be available to them instantly.......they have to draw out the tension and the drama of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

Lads Fair City is set in dublin 9

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

I remember reading that ages ago

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Strazdas wrote: »
    Doctors on the ward wouldn't have to wait until the next day for the results of Dermot's scan, it would be available to them instantly.......they have to draw out the tension and the drama of course.

They have to wait longer for a scan than getting a liver itself

• Advertisement

youwould wrote: »
    I'm so bored of all the storylines in FC lately. If they started and ended it would be grand but the writers seem to start and never finish. At least in the english soaps no matter how dire/fantastic the plot is, you know it has a start, middle and a finish.

Unfortunately that's a common theme with FC . Stories start then meander all over the place , becoming more ridiculous and far fetched all the time until they are completely devoid of any logic or meaning in real life.

Have any Fair City writers ever been interviewed on radio or tv? I'd love to know who they are . I think they're hobbits , they certainly dont live in the real world . :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Kane from Home and Away is chief writer.

The rest are in senior infants in Ballymorey primary school

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

youwould wrote: »
    I'm so bored of all the storylines in FC lately. If they started and ended it would be grand but the writers seem to start and never finish. At least in the english soaps no matter how dire/fantastic the plot is, you know it has a start, middle and a finish.
    My thoughts exactly last night as we switched between the plan and Ciaran and Katy , and then Heather joined the fold, in what I imagine will be another story with a long payout.

I bet they'll even drag out the already painful Nora and Ray friction/romance scenes. No quick pay outs with Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Does anyone know the circumstances behind expert hardware withdrawing their sponsorship ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Does anyone know the circumstances behind expert hardware withdrawing their sponsorship ?
    They had enough of Pete and Damien I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Ellie goes missing next week and Heather searches for her in Ciarans garage...

Cazale wrote: »
    That place must be really near to the main street in Carrigstown then, only a few hundred yards away

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

That place must be really near to the main street in Carrigstown then, only a few hundred yards away
    Ciaran must've forgotten to put the invisibility cloak over it so, seeing as Heather will be the first person to venture inside in months. Ridiculous.

They had it up to their "neck" with Damien......

Paul check your 365

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

So where do Jane's loyalties really lie in the Plan?

- with Niamh (to pee off Paul?)
    - with Dermot (does she really have feelings for him?)
    - with herself - just Jane

I honestly can't read whether she really does care for Dermot or not. I thought she did prior to Christmas and up until it was confirmed he was having operation but then seeing her reluctance on giving him that kiss before he headed off to theater made me doubt it. Plus of course it really wouldn't fit with the character we already know.
    Wouldn't surprise me however if she was the one to end up with the money and leave them all high and dry, including Dermot and the kids etc. I could see her leaving FC where as can't see the likes of Dermot or Niamh leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I still hope that Dermot is just using Jane as part of the PLAN.
    I'd love to install a 'Crl collect' button on my laptop. Can anyone help me, nothing major - I just want to make my Christmas credit card bill disappear !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

muggles wrote: »
    So where do Jane's loyalties really lie in the Plan?

- with Niamh (to pee off Paul?)
    - with Dermot (does she really have feelings for him?)
    - with herself - just Jane

I honestly can't read whether she really does care for Dermot or not. I thought she did prior to Christmas and up until it was confirmed he was having operation but then seeing her reluctance on giving him that kiss before he headed off to theater made me doubt it. Plus of course it really wouldn't fit with the character we already know.
    Wouldn't surprise me however if she was the one to end up with the money and leave them all high and dry, including Dermot and the kids etc. I could see her leaving FC where as can't see the likes of Dermot or Niamh leaving.

It is hard to know what they will do with Jane's character. She was introduced as a character totally out for herself and quite a conwoman when it came to all things Paul. It is common in FC to soften characters and show them change. Jane's hatred of all things Paul seems consistent though.

The biggest change in FC was to that cocaine snorting tomboy partying HR girl called Orla. She was then a minor character and when she became a major character she was turned into a baby-doting barmaid with ridiculously syrupy babby storylines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Farrah is some bloody hypocrite- she didn't want to get involved with Paul because he has a family and a bad reputation but she has no problem dropping everything for the local unemployed sleazy scumbag. Make your mind up you silly cow.

Cazale wrote: »

Oh sweet Jesus, proof POSITIVE that they are making up this KT thing as they go along. Ellie is the real life niece of the actor who plays Love Hate and no doubt they thought wouldn't it be nice if Ellie could have something to do with the possible rescue of Katy/be in a scene in the garage. This is absolutely pathetic and the script is written based entirely on who happens to be in the room at the time.

I actually think the script writers enjoy annoying the audience. We are worse to be watching it.

• Advertisement

Farrah is some bloody hypocrite- she didn't want to get involved with Paul because he has a family and a bad reputation but she has no problem dropping everything for the local unemployed sleazy scumbag. Make your mind up you silly cow.

Bit harsh... "scumbag"! I like Emmet. Seems to have good morals!

Also Paul was married. ....Emmets single! Tad bit different!

It is stupid that they haven't given Emmet a job yet! Chopping tomatoes in vinos or something! Was there not something about him working behind the bar in Ballyntyne??

She has strange taste in men alright, Emmett wouldn't exactly be a great catch.

It is stupid that they haven't given Emmet a job yet! Chopping tomatoes in vinos or something! Was there not something about him working behind the bar in Ballyntyne??

Hasn't he always been the dosser / spoofer type though? The implication always seems to have been he's a bit of a layabout since he first arrived.

Hasn't he always been the dosser / spoofer type though? The implication always seems to have been he's a bit of a layabout since he first arrived.

Wouldn't make him a scumbag! ! He plays poker and seems to win at that! I'm just saying he has been the one consistent caring figure in the KT plot to a point and he was good with Gripey as well. You can't judge a FC character because they are so inconsistent but I'd be mates with Emmet tbh. Normal enough young lad. Nothing much going in his life though!!

Oh and handing out millions of "missing" flyers is a full time job also!

Good morals? Are you watching the same show as me, he practically kicked Eoghan to death when he was down about Katy, mocking him about the death of Michael and telling him how lousy a dad he was, all this despite Emmet himself going off the rails on more than one direction (fumbling with Hayley, week-long drinking sessions) when he was also struggling with KT going missing.
    Also, do you not remember when he robbed Ciaran shortly after he arrived to town, not to mention he strings women along, he clearly had no thought for Love Hates sister. I stand by him as a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

They should do a sponsorship deal with An post so that they could do scenes of Charlotte, Emmet, Amanda, Heather collecting their dole

Good morals? Are you watching the same show as me, he practically kicked Eoghan to death when he was down about Katy, mocking him about the death of Michael and telling him how lousy a dad he was, all this despite Emmet himself going off the rails on more than one direction (fumbling with Hayley, week-long drinking sessions) when he was also struggling with KT going missing.
    Also, do you not remember when he robbed Ciaran shortly after he arrived to town, not to mention he strings women along, he clearly had no thought for Love Hates sister. I stand by him as a scumbag.
    Ha! Poor old Emmet!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,203 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just laughing to myself here picturing all the cute little livers outside Dermish's room saying "pick me, pick me."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

walshb wrote: »
    Just laughing to myself here picturing all the cute little livers outside Dermish's room saying "pick me, pick me."

Its like Tinder for livers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I thought he was running the bookies for Robbie?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement