Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Ok, comrades....what's the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Pretzill wrote: »
    I wonder what song was on the CD? :D

The First Cut is the Deepest?

:-P

Awful episode did anyone else notice when Heather rushed out of Phelan's shop early on in the episode she could be seen bending down as if avoiding something on the set? Surely they could have called for another take there. And also that baby Saoirse grew in size in about ten minutes -

How did Heather know Saoirses name? And how is an almost 1 year old still in a rock a tot?

Also agree with another poster that the warning should've been given before the show about Emmets self harm - not from a Nanny state because I personally don't think kids should be watching soaps - but because some people watching may have gone through this or could be going through it and it's quite harrowing.

This is taking up far too much of my time. What is a child doing in a rocker cot being left on a soft seat in a pub where it could just fall off? What's happened to the buses going past?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

amtc wrote: »
    This is taking up far too much of my time. What is a child doing in a rocker cot being left on a soft seat in a pub where it could just fall off? What's happened to the buses going past?

The strike was on when those episodes were filmed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought I saw Chile boy in the trailer for that new movie with the dog in it but alas it wasn't him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

sligojoek wrote: »

The strike was on when those episodes were filmed.
    Dublin bus wasn't on strike!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Jesus poor old Katie must be sweating buckets in that box today.. poor girl

Free the Carrigstown one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

walshb wrote: »
    Ok, comrades....what's the plan?

I think we're still on plan Paul and plan Katie.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Annoyed because I have pretty much the exact same jacket that Kevin wears- denim with white fluff collar. Can't bring myself to wear it ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

anna080 wrote: »
    Annoyed because I have pretty much the exact same jacket that Kevin wears- denim with white fluff collar. Can't bring myself to wear it ugh

I saw something very similar in River Island earlier this year. I think the fur is detachable!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I saw something very similar in River Island earlier this year. I think the fur is detachable!

No mine is stuck on :(
    Too warm to wear it anyway! :pac:

• Advertisement

No mine is stuck on :(
    Too warm to wear it anyway! :pac:

I very nearly bought it but it made be feel to much like Brokeback Mountain!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

I'm probably weird, but I couldn't help but sympathise as Ciaran strolled, backpack in situ , into the Ladies Clothing section of Dunnes Stores to buy stuff for KT.

Ciarán : "Howya. Do you sell women's clothes here? "

Assistant : "Well, yeah! It is the Women's Clothes Department...."

L /H : "OK, right. Well, I want to buy some clothes . For a woman, like."

"Clothes? For a woman? Well, you've certainly come to the right place. So, what would she like? "

" Jaysis, I don't know. She gave me a list. But it only says 'Get me somethin' decent to wear. Anythin' but a grey tracksuit. Oh, and a few bitsa underwear, like, and also some of them yokes, yeh know worra mean.But deffo not a fcukin' grey tracksuit, d'ya hear me? '
    That's all she wrote down here . "

"Well, that leaves a lot of options. Blouses? Dresses? Trousers? Shorts? Jeans?"

"Jaysis, I don't know. Sure the best thing is to give me whatever you usually wear yourself, I suppose. "

."Well, I'd say she'd probably look odd in a Dunnes uniform. What size is she ?"

"Size? Jaysis, I've no idea. Let me think..... Who can I compare her to? . Tell me,
    would you happen to know Tommy Dillon of Carrigstown?"

" Wha'? Tommy ' The Tomcat' Dillon? Sure half the women on the staff have played the ould 'hide the sausage' game with Tommy. Including, I have to admit, meself."

"Yeah, that's the same Tommy all right . Well, anyway she's about the same size as him. "

"Well, if she's the same size as Tommy the Tomcat, oh, man, she is big. And I mean biiiiig!... Oh, nó, sorry, you're talking about his height. Sorry! "

" Well, of course I'm talking about his height. Why, what did you think I meant?.. No, wait, I don't want to know... Now, the clothes, remember? "

" Eh, yes sorry. I just got carried away there for a minute. Ah, such sweet memories!... Sorry, sorry!
    Now, here's a top and a pair of Levi's. They should do her. Was there anything else?"

"Yeah, some underwear. "

" Oh yes. So, what size is her, eh, chest? "

" Again, I haven't a clue. Small-ish, but bigger than yours. "

"Eh, yes. Thanks, I think...Okay, here's a nice bra/pants combination set. She'll like those. Is that the lot?"

" Just a packet of those yokes for 'feminine personal freshness,' if you know what I mean. "

" Of course. What size? Small medium or large? "

" What? You mean they come in different sizes? How the feck would I know what size? "

" Well,you see, I'm assuming you have had some intimacy with this lady. So you would know what size she is 'down there', so to speak?"

" Absolutely not! I have never had sexual relations with that woman. But anyway she's a lesbian, so I'm assuming a small size would suffice... I hope that's not a generalisation. "

Hmmmm,.. well, I think that's everything now. But for God's sake keep the receipts."

"Yeah, thanks"

"Okay, you have a nice day now, Sir! Byyyeeee! "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Yes it was. It's not just culchies that got a bus strike. The Luas was also on strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Ciaran's sister dead or missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dunno but I envy her at this stage !!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She killed herself didn't she? That's probably why he's going down the suicide route with Emmeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

She killed herself didn't she? That's probably why he's going down the suicide route with Emmeh

AFAIK, she just went missing after Emmet broke up with her whilst travelling. Maybe Emmet has her locked up in some industrial estate in Santry.

If they were smart enough, they would devise a script twist where she suddenly returns. Actually, I don't know why I am even bothering thinking of avenues for this story.

The whole no one has asked who the fk Ciaran is anyway part of the story is the biggest plothole in this whole mess. A freak walking around with a backpack all day. Even Roy Cropper doesn't do that anymore.

I'm currently watching The Clinic on the RTE player. It's really weird seeing the age difference in Rachel Piddington and Gerladine Plunkett.

I'm currently watching The Clinic on the RTE player. It's really weird seeing the age difference in Rachel Piddington and Gerladine Plunkett.

Rachel Pilkington has aged like a fine wine. A real beauty.

especially in that little green McCoys t-shirt :p

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I had a similar one when I was about 18 (32 now).

• Advertisement

Rachel Pilkington has aged like a fine wine. A real beauty.

especially in that little green McCoys t-shirt :p

I think she's aged well too, it's just the whole programme that's feels very early 2000's!

Ahhh I didn't know it was on the player! Gonna watch it now. It's funny because I was only thinking of it the other day. The guy who plays Geraldine Plunkett's son in it was the original Dean Dowling in FC in 1998 or so. Which should make Dean about 40 or so now but FC want to keep implying he's under 30 for some reason!

I think she's aged well too, it's just the whole programme that's feels very early 2000's!

I dont think it is that old, no? Thought it was early 2010's?

I'm watching it now and there's a phone book in the first scene dated 2002. :D

youwould wrote: »
    I'm watching it now and there's a phone book in the first scene dated 2002. :D

wow, you are right, 2003. Mental how quick time goes by! Leigh Arnold was stunning also. Think she played a doctor.

wow, you are right, 2003. Mental how quick time goes by! Leigh Arnold was stunning also. Think she played a doctor.

She was a big part of the reason I started watching it tbh lol. She played a young GP and dated Chris O'Dowd's character in it.

When The Clinic first aired I was 10 turned about a month later I tuned 11. Now I'm turning 25 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What's the story with the garage Are Ray, Doug and Ciaran or anyone else who works at the garage not drawing the dole at the moment while it's getting repaired from the explosion thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What's the story with the garage Are Ray, Doug and Ciaran or anyone else who works at the garage not drawing the dole at the moment while it's getting repaired from the explosion thingy?

Don't worry about those lads. The assessor is sorting everything out....

Deegan will keep them and us posted...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did you think I was being serious?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement