Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,861 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's the story with the garage Are Ray, Doug and Ciaran or anyone else who works at the garage not drawing the dole at the moment while it's getting repaired from the explosion thingy?

I assume Niamh is giving them a cut of Paul's money too :P when will Paul discover Robbie, Jane, Hughie and Callum's involvement in scamming him or is that dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Who likes roundabouts?
    Next week Emmet goes missing after agreeing to kill himself for Katys release. Ciaran agrees to release Katy and even lets her phone home but when Rose answers he changes his mind. Heather starts to remember more about the day she fell and she accuses Ciaran of knowing more about Katy than hes letting on but is dismissed by everyone except Hughie, who starts to wonder about Ciaran. Ciaran wants to go on a holiday with Farrah but Heather cuts up her passport out of concern for her leaving with Ciaran

Nothing to see here move on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Who likes roundabouts?
    Next week Emmet goes missing after agreeing to kill himself for Katys release. Ciaran agrees to release Katy and even lets her phone home but when Rose answers he changes his mind. Heather starts to remember more about the day she fell and she accuses Ciaran of knowing more about Katy than hes letting on but is dismissed by everyone except Hughie, who starts to wonder about Ciaran. Ciaran wants to go on a holiday with Farrah but Heather cuts up her passport out of concern for her leaving with Ciaran

Is this throughout the week or just Sunday's episode?

youwould wrote: »
    Is this throughout the week or just Sunday's episode?

Sunday and next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Who likes roundabouts?

So you're telling me the Vinos/McCoy's/Pod sh1t doesn't happen?:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Who likes roundabouts?

So still the same sheeeeiiiiiitttte that has been going on for 12 months now.

Seriously RTE, sort yerselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MG_2013

youwould wrote: »
    Ahhh I didn't know it was on the player! Gonna watch it now. It's funny because I was only thinking of it the other day. The guy who plays Geraldine Plunkett's son in it was the original Dean Dowling in FC in 1998 or so. Which should make Dean about 40 or so now but FC want to keep implying he's under 30 for some reason!

It was mentioned on a Fair City episode a few years ago that Dean was 36, which would make him 38 or 39 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Who likes roundabouts?

Just saw the trailer for Sunday though and a major spoiler :
    Looks like Emmet discovers / works out at long last that Ciaran has Katy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Strazdas wrote: »
    Just saw the trailer for Sunday though and a major spoiler :
    Looks like Emmet discovers / works out at long last that Ciaran has Katy

Where can the trailer be seen?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kauto0709 wrote: »

I searched for it last night and just now and can't find it!

• Advertisement

The actor who plays Jane Rachel Pilkington has a petition about wanting to improve road safety measures in her village near her kids school! I signed it!

https://my.uplift.ie/petitions/urgent-road-safety-issues-in-ballon-village

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Just saw and advert for the Chastitute must end May 20th. Yes that's because Orla is needed back in Ctown for another round of where's me money, give me money, I'll call the guards on ya, ya could've killed me Niamh your suppose to be me bleedin sister, how could ya do this to Paul sure wasn't he only ridin Hayley

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

The actor who plays Jane Rachel Pilkington has a petition about wanting to improve road safety measures in her village near her kids school! I signed it!

https://my.uplift.ie/petitions/urgent-road-safety-issues-in-ballon-village

I nearly drove into the warden at that school last year. She literally hopped out in front of me from behind some parked cars as I cruised along at 50. Definitely worth while signing it to improve the visibility at the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Kauto0709 wrote: »

They showed it just before the start of Eurovision tonight
    We see a huge showdown between Ciaran and Emmett in the lockup and he admitting that he kidnapped Katy (and looking delighted with himself)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What's the odds on when Katy does get out that Rose's condition will have deteriorated so much that she won't remember who she is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

oh no, hour-long special next Sunday...... -_-

I know, noone's forcing me to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What will we all do when this is resolved?
    Seriously.. Think about that!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

God help us listening to all the self praise the writers, actors, and RTE will give to themselves the next week or so.

And jesus your wan who runs that FC fans Facebook and Twitter account will be a parody of appraisal! !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

What will we all do when this is resolved?
    Seriously.. Think about that!

Another farcical story line will come along that we can all make fun of, FC won't let us down there.....While we're waiting we can slag off the Extras in the Spar, reading the allergens on the labels and scratching their head trying to make up their mind whether to buy the sparkling or still water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

Does anyone have Wednesday 19 April's episode saved by any chance? I wanted to rewatch it but it appears to no longer be on the Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Guys I actually really hate Kevin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

dogcat wrote: »
    Does anyone have Wednesday 19 April's episode saved by any chance? I wanted to rewatch it but it appears to no longer be on the Player.

nope, but check the following few episodes and it will be the exact same events, scenes, dialogues, twists and turns and reverse turns and twists.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I just checked the player and the 19th of April is up there, says there is only 1 day left to watch it.

It played for me anyway.

fin12 wrote: »
    I just checked the player and the 19th of April is up there, says there is only 1 day left to watch it.

It played for me anyway.
    Could you link it for me? Every time I click on it, it redirects me to http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-715/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Could you link it for me? Every time I click on it, it redirects me to http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-715/

Sorry just saw ur post now, I just went back on the player and it's gone :(

If anyone has a recording of it please do send it my way. It was an iconic episode. "I'm thirsty!"

I must reminisce during this period of FC absence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I think I'm a addict, I've never gone this long without FC...... I do miss it, Ha! There's no other unbelievable stuff going on at the moment, apart from the (real life) Garda stuff.... I can see where all this Garda corruption is coming from in FC, what, with a 'one Garda town'. Deegan, he must be getting ripped off somewhere.

Anybody up for storming the Fair City set and freeing Katy or at lest knocking a bit of sense into the script writers?

• Advertisement

I think I'm a addict, I've never gone this long without FC...... I do miss it, Ha! There's no other unbelievable stuff going on at the moment, apart from the (real life) Garda stuff.... I can see where all this Garda corruption is coming from in FC, what, with a 'one Garda town'. Deegan, he must be getting ripped off somewhere.

They could literally get weeks out of the O Briens turning against Deegan for not putting the signs together or not asking enough questions about Ciaran as a new member of their lives, then you have his brain dead girlfriend who twice caught Ciaran acting weird in the lock up and looking shiftily behind him, plus she never asked him a single question about himself!!

I know you could say the O Briens are equally stupid, and I don't dispute that, but they are not the ones responsible for investigating this crime, and the Guards come off really bad after this storyline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement