Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

They could literally get weeks out of the O Briens turning against Deegan for not putting the signs together or not asking enough questions about Ciaran as a new member of their lives, then you have his brain dead girlfriend who twice caught Ciaran acting weird in the lock up and looking shiftily behind him, plus she never asked him a single question about himself!!

I know you could say the O Briens are equally stupid, and I don't dispute that, but they are not the ones responsible for investigating this crime, and the Guards come off really bad after this storyline.

Its clearly Noreen O'Sullivans fault, I am going to email my local TD and get the matter raised at the next PAC meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 30,618 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I loved this!

C_a16qsXcAATRD4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Gettin fairly fed up of not seeing the hottest red head on Irish TV around ....

Emmet?? Ugh! He always looks like he needs a good wash to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

They could literally get weeks out of the O Briens turning against Deegan for not putting the signs together or not asking enough questions about Ciaran as a new member of their lives, then you have his brain dead girlfriend who twice caught Ciaran acting weird in the lock up and looking shiftily behind him, plus she never asked him a single question about himself!!

I know you could say the O Briens are equally stupid, and I don't dispute that, but they are not the ones responsible for investigating this crime, and the Guards come off really bad after this storyline.

If I was one of the O'Briens, I would have suspicions about Ciaran. A complete stranger who they know nothing about, wheedles his way into their lives, claims to be their best friend and shortly afterwards Katy goes missing.

This is one of the most implausible parts of the story. Ciaran is a complete outsider, is not from Carrigstown and has no connection to the area, seemingly has no family or friends and yet is acting as if he has lived in the community all his life and nobody is remotely suspicious of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    If I was one of the O'Briens, I would have suspicions about Ciaran. A complete stranger who they know nothing about, wheedles his way into their lives, claims to be their best friend and shortly afterwards Katy goes missing.

This is one of the most implausible parts of the story. Ciaran is a complete outsider, is not from Carrigstown and has no connection to the area, seemingly has no family or friends and yet is acting as if he has lived in the community all his life and nobody is remotely suspicious of him.

Yeah it really is farcical how few people have made the connection between this overly helpful stranger who offers to put up posters and is a shoulder to cry on for the family and Katys disappearance. A few days watching Ciaran go back and forth to his lock up with supplies and backpacks would have solved the case.
    And to add insult to injury, the CCTV wasnt working in The Station when Ciaran planted the scarf what a joke!
    I wonder will Stella come back it feels like her story isnt complete yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,972 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yeah it really is farcical how few people have made the connection between this overly helpful stranger who offers to put up posters and is a shoulder to cry on for the family and Katys disappearance. A few days watching Ciaran go back and forth to his lock up with supplies and backpacks would have solved the case.
    And to add insult to injury, the CCTV wasnt working in The Station when Ciaran planted the scarf what a joke!
    I wonder will Stella come back it feels like her story isnt complete yet.

Even if the locals are too dim to suspect him, you would imagine that hardened detectives investigating a possible murder case would be on to him in a flash.

Strazdas wrote: »
    Even if the locals are too dim to suspect him, you would imagine that hardened detectives investigating a possible murder case would be on to him in a flash.

Exactly. Deegan should have been sacked a long time ago and if FC were clever enough (though I don't for a second believe they are), they could explore the deficiencies of the investigation and all the holes in their technique. If this happened in real life, the media would be all over the Garda investigation and trial by media would begin, with screaming tabloid headlines like "How could they miss him?" and "The Guards were in kidnap lock-up TWICE".

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would make a tree or chart of everyone from family and friends to Facebook/LinkedIn contacts etc on social media and in real life, hell that's why Stella was interviewed and ruled out but they seemed to just completely disregard this helpful young man about whom nobody knew ANYTHING- past, his job, family, criminal history etc etc. But, it being FC, Debbie will probably be off with Deegan for about 5 minutes then its all forgotten about and a few drinks down the pub..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Plagiarised from this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Plagiarised from this thread!

In fairness to him, he takes the piss out of FC every week on his radio show. Even if he has FC actors in, he ribs them about the storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Blurryface

Something to get us all through these Fair City-less evenings. Came across this recently as I was randomly surfing the interweb searching for my FC fix.

The actress who plays Kerri-Anne (Jenny Dixon) used to be a maths and science secondary school teacher. She then decided she wanted to become an actress/model so moved to LA where she ended up as a "guest" in the Playboy mansion! There's pics of her with Hugh Hefner and everything.

She also appeared on the Saturday Night Show with Brendan O'Connor to discuss her journey from teacher to playboy bunny! There's videos on youtube of the interview uploaded by Jenny herself it seems.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before on a previous FC thread, I've only been reading the threads since v6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Anyone see RTÉs ad for Sunday's episode? I swear they are on this thread..

Taking my sh1t......K T...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Didn't Ciaran buy olia hair dye in blonde and yet the trailer shows her with dark hair bobbed?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

amtc wrote: »
    Didn't Ciaran buy olia hair dye in blonde and yet the trailer shows her with dark hair bobbed?
    In the trailer, it looks like a wig..
    A bad one!

To thine own self be true

I saw a clip of Fair City in Scotland on Twitter. The episodes they're show is from the explosion at.
    The Station and Dan gets injured and Robbie pulls him out. Then Dan has to choose between Carol or Yvonne.
    Rachel's 18th birthday and theirs a fight between Paul, Niamh and Nicola.
    Dolores finds out some devastating news.
    I think these stories aired around the start of 2015.

If only the Scottish people knew what was ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

I saw a clip of Fair City in Scotland on Twitter. The episodes they're show is from the explosion at.
    The Station and Dan gets injured and Robbie pulls him out. Then Dan has to choose between Carol or Yvonne.

is that from when Dan and Carol were in a car that there was cocaine in and it blew up or something and they had a passionate moment together afterwards?

is that from when Dan and Carol were in a car that there was cocaine in and it blew up or something and they had a passionate moment together afterwards?

The explosion was at the station bar to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

The Place Beyond The Pines was on RTE on Wednesday night. Half way through, I spotted a very familiar face but couldn't remember where I had seen him before. He was a cop, accompanying one of the main characters (Bradley Cooper) on a raid.
    This has annoyed me since Wednesday as I knew I had seen him in something before.

Finally found the actors name this morning. Luke Pierucci, aka Marcus!

Don't think he had any lines and was an extra really.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Can never find these fair city promos on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The explosion was at the station bar to the best of my knowledge.

The explosion was in the Station. Can't remember if it was Robbie and/or Dan decided to lock Yvonne and Carol in the basement because they were sick of them bickering.. then I think there was a gas leak or something and I think Dan triggered an explosion when he burst into the room to rescue them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

How come Eoghan has such a posh accent considering he was supposedly brought up in a rough council estate according to Mammy Rose. Is it a case of the shaky accents that Charlie is so fond of ?

How come Eoghan has such a posh accent considering he was supposedly brought up in a rough council estate according to Mammy Rose. Is it a case of the shaky accents that Charlie is so fond of ?

He was held hostage for a year by an elocution teacher!

I wouldn't call that posh in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What are the Scottish people saying about Fair City does anyone know?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Can never find these fair city promos on youtube.

They generally only appear on Twitter and Facebook in my experience!

fin12 wrote: »
    What are the Scottish people saying about Fair City does anyone know?

From Twitter I can't tell much to be honest.
    Just noticed the scenes of Rachel's Birthday are from when Niamh was with Michael and Nicola was trying to cosy up with Paul. I really hope the Scottish people know what their letting themselves in for.
    One person commented on a video Paul dies in a few episodes. They'd have being lucky. They'd have escaped the Plan.

From Twitter I can't tell much to be honest.
    Just noticed the scenes of Rachel's Birthday are from when Niamh was with Michael and Nicola was trying to cosy up with Paul. I really hope the Scottish people know what their letting themselves in for.
    One person commented on a video Paul dies in a few episodes. They'd have being lucky. They'd have escaped the Plan.

I wonder how long before the Scottish viewers start to think "God, that Niamh always goes back to Paul in the end". ha ha :P

I wonder how long before the Scottish viewers start to think "God, that Niamh always goes back to Paul in the end". ha ha :P

Scottish viewers probably won't know the full history they'd just know. Niamh had an affair with Michael and then they split up and her car broke down and they ended up back together. Then Paul has an affair with Hayley and Niamh found out and she went mental and started her whole plan ordeal and she had another affair with Marcus. She probably won't come across as innocent as she'd like.

On behalf of the people of Ireland, I apologize sincerely to our Scottish neighbours and friends.
    No other unwitting nation should have to endure the crime against humanity that is Fair City at the touch of your remote control.
    I ask humbly for your forgiveness.
    Irish Lass.

• Advertisement

On behalf of the people of Ireland, I apologize sincerely to our Scottish neighbours and friends.
    No other unwitting nation should have to endure the crime against humanity that is Fair City at the touch of your remote control.
    I ask humbly for your forgiveness.
    Irish Lass.

I think it's a punishment for the Uk for supporting Brexit, their going to sneak it into Scotland and work from their.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement