Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The highlights for me was Tommy telling rose "sit down there now and take your e's"
    Rose out raving for the night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

The positives this evening:

Falling off a stairs can turn a nasty, conniving person into a sweet, kind, best sister in the world. Wow! Falling from a height should go through clinical trials if this kind of result is common place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Even my gran was disgusted by it as boring. And anti-climactic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Why the fk did KT not smash the window and run for it. I just can't deal with this storyline any more.

I think Heather's going to remember what hqppened, Ciaran will snap and attack her and that's how it'll all come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Was that Clarrrrrrr doing Daniel O'Connel at the commemoration just on the 9 o'clock news???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

What about Rose swanning around the village and not even noticing her grandson is missing?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Couldn't give a shi-te about this show anymore, deleted it from sky planner. Don't care what happens going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

nagdefy wrote: »
    The positives this evening:

Falling off a stairs can turn a nasty, conniving person into a sweet, kind, best sister in the world. Wow! Falling from a height should go through clinical trials if this kind of result is common place.

Think it is a common outcome regarding head injurys, people can turn out nasty or nice after.

Did Degan said it was his day off and he's up since 7 o'clock? .. :confused: if it was his day off why was he was wearing his uniform :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,641 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

sudzs wrote: »
    Was that Clarrrrrrr doing Daniel O'Connel at the commemoration just on the 9 o'clock news???

Yeah. I said the same

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Always have this strange feeling that the talking bread is Ciaran.. also Johnny Ward..
    Just a weird intuition. Don't ask me why!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Lads, I think, plot holes aside, the very fact that they made a nod to The Talking Bread by focussing in on the manufacturer for about 5 seconds confirms the script writers are coming here and are reading the thread, surely that's the only thing worth mentioning?! Hi, scriptwriters? Where is Zoe? I know that nod from Marcus about Paul and Niamh being together by the end of the year was another nod to this place.

Anyhoo, plot holes:

1.Why didn't Katy try and escape by wobbling to the window and making noise?

2. Why doesn't she try and escape now shes completely free to do so- break the window, scream the place down etc.

3. Where is that place that Katy is now? Ciaran must be absolutely loaded to rent a garage, a 3 bedroom and now another house in Dublin and he doesn't even have a job, some man!

4. How did Emmet just magically deduce, simply from Ciaran moving a shelf to one side, that it was him all along and that THIS was the place he was holding Katy. WTF? Why didn't Ciaran just say "Something wrong, Emmet? Give me a hand with this, I put my tools here for safe keeping in case of robberies".

5. How did nobody on the Santry industrial estate notice Emmet walking to the lock up, the place has always been brimming with people before?

6. On point 5, why didn't Deegan ask a few workers that would be around the estate did they see someone matching Emmets description.

7. Why didn't Debbie tell Deegan that Emmet keeps getting disturbing phone calls the last week and he keeps muttering ominous predictions about KTs life afterwards. Give Deegan the mobile number, put a bastarding trace on recent incoming calls and the signal will bounce back 3 areas- Farrahs kitchen, Spar and oh, THE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE IN SANTRY. Ooh, I wonder who works there...

8. Emmet got knocked out by the chloroform in 5 seconds flat. Katy, when similarly knocked-out last November and is a good 5 stone lighter, struggled for about 30 seconds.

9. How didn't Deegan hear Ciaran shouting at Emmet 30 seconds before he answered.

10. Who locked the garage door between Emmet getting knocked out and Deegan trying to get in?

11. Why didn't Rose tell the Guards about talking to Katy so they could, and I cant emphasise this point enough, PUT A FCUKING TRACE ON THE PHONE.

12. Do other guards exist besides Deegan?

13. Who is the kid in the photo in Katys new flat?

14. Why didn't Katy recoil in horror when sunlight flooded the room after months and months of artificial light?

15. How did Ciaran know about Max?

16. Only NOW is Debbie tired of Ciaran hanging around her family despite him latching on to them like a bad smell the last year. P!ss poor writing- too late Debbie to suddenly cop on the resident psycho- 12 MONTHS TOO LATE.

17. How did Ciaran get Katy from the box to the flat without being seen by anyone?

18. What secret does Ellie want to share?

19. Wheres Zoe? For the love of God, its been 6 months and shes still not back from her Christmas holidays.

20. Why do I watch this sh!t????

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can we just get Siobhan to push Ciaran off the balcony again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Always have this strange feeling that the talking bread is Ciaran.. also Johnny Ward..

Whoy? Whoy? Whoy?
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

But would Johnny Ward have the time to watch all the other soaps and post about them on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

OMG. that was the worst ever episode of a soap. It so shockingly bad its laughable. A one hour special where the writers lost the plot totally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Did Degan said it was his day off and he's up since 7 o'clock? .. if it was his day off why was he was wearing his uniform

Think he was implying that he was supposed to be off that day but he was taking Emmets disappearance that serious that he went into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I'm finished watching this rubbish after tonight even crappy soaps like home and away are better

I always thought Wanderer was Marcus. Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you reckon the other actors who didn't appear in tonight's episode were sitting home watching it either breaking their holes laughing or face palming?

On a separate note this show and this particular plot make you realise that the Bobby Ewing shower scene wasn't so ridiculous after all...

js35 wrote: »
    I'm finished watching this rubbish after tonight even crappy soaps like home and away are better

At least you have the beautiful goddess, Kat to look at in that plus one or two others.

• Advertisement

So instead of one O'Brien released tonight as hinted we have two O'Briens held captive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Lads the writers and producers actually think this annoying people is a good thing didn't they say as much a few weeks back that they believe annoying the audience is generating hype and views when it's most likely pissing viewers off

Completely clueless hacks who wouldn't last two minutes in a private for profit TV station

js35 wrote: »

I've always watched FC for how bad it is, I don't expect quality drama.... I thought that's why we all here watched it, for the pure ****e it is..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Cazale wrote: »
    Did Degan said it was his day off and he's up since 7 o'clock? .. if it was his day off why was he was wearing his uniform

Think he was implying that he was supposed to be off that day but he was taking Emmets disappearance that serious that he went into work.

What were the time line of events? ? Was there meant to be a few days between in between the episode!

Also why would he get all geared up to investigate a missing person on his day off, hat and all!!

Also why would he get all geared up to investigate a missing person on his day off, hat and all!!

What were the time line of events? ? Was there meant to be a few days between in between the episode!

Emmett slept overnight in the cell. It was the next morning when Cigarettes and Farrah were talking in their house. Deegan gave up his day off and went into work because Emmett was missing.

As Wanderer mentioned, how in god's name did Eskimo Boy, aka piss drinking boy deduce that LH was the captor by merely seeing him from behind moving something?

Cazale wrote:
    Emmett slept overnight in the cell. It was the next morning when Cigarettes and Farrah were talking in their house. Deegan gave up his day off and went into work because Emmett was missing.

Ciaran not cigarettes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

What a farce of an episode. Am guessing it's leading up to Katie being released by Ciaran and everyone, Katie included, thinking Emmett has committed suicide. Either Katie will eventually blab or Heather will remember. I'm not able for another captive storyline so hopefully it doesn't last too long.
    The writers should be embarrassed about tonight's ep.

anna080 wrote: »
    The writers should be embarrassed about tonight's ep.

Just tonight's?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

Absolute muck

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement