Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

I've always watched FC for how bad it is, I don't expect quality drama.... I thought that's why we all here watched it, for the pure ****e it is..?

I was the same too fair city used to be so bad it was good but now it's so bad it's just annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

So many angry posters on here tonight... I'm loving the outrag. :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

It has now gone from unwatchable to unbroadcastable.

A new low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

They've hit a new depth of low with that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Anyone notice the FakeYanks attemp at a ronnie?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭sonic85

I'd prefer if Ciaran killed both Emmett and KT and have him caught trying to dispose of the bodies. Might be a bit strong for a pre watershed show though!

It's the only outcome that would be in anyway satisfactory to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 18,193 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Haven't been watching much, but who is that insufferable american cnut with the shockingly fake accent, and what kind of reta*d thought it was a good way to bring him into the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

sonic85 wrote:
    It's the only outcome that would be in anyway satisfactory to me

sonic85 wrote:
    I'd prefer if Ciaran killed both Emmett and KT and have him caught trying to dispose of the bodies. Might be a bit strong for a pre watershed show though!

(I don't know how I messed up quoting your post sonic85, apologies!)
    I'm kind of hoping he will have Emmett nearly dead before finally telling him why he's done all this, only for Emmett to be like 'your sister? Missing?! But sure I was only chatting to her during the week! She's grand!' And then when Emmett died we could watch Ciaran just fall apart with the knowledge that it was all for nowt.
    Nobody will die though, except maybe Ciaran.
    Tonight's episode wasn't *that* bad but a bit of a waste of an hour long episode. I wish they had wrapped things up tonight, it's been going on far too long.
    Stripey was a right savage biatch to Deegan tonight, quite realistic reaction for a frustrated mother in her positoon to be fair but not really in line with her typically passive, tolerant character's nature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Yeah the only half acceptable way it can go from here is for Ciaran's sister to turn up in Carrigstown.. That's not even enough to fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Spoiler=== the next big storyline is about bra shopping

It's not insulting if it's true , it's called the truth

If it's true, it's un-PC to say so according to the 'rules' ..'Thou must not upset', ' thou must not speak the truth '!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I didn't pick up on any nod to The Talking Bread. Anyone explain?
    I can understand to an extent a plot getting convoluted and exaggerated but there's no excuse for plot holes only lazy writing.
    Im putting a call out to the writers to come on here and explain where the f*ck Zoe is.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Spoiler=== the next big storyline is about bra shopping

Ellie?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Christ how fast does Farrahs hair grow? If a young strong lad like Emmet cant smash his way out that cell in a 5 minutes its a jo.......
    .....oh yea the whole thing is a joke.

Ellie?

At least it will surely be better than the Dan, Sash/Nina/laura filler storylines:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Why would a garda John Deegan's age and rank constantly be in uniform? WE KNOW he's a cop God damnit!

Cormdogg wrote: »
    Why would a garda John Deegan's age and rank constantly be in uniform? WE KNOW he's a cop God damnit!

Even on his day off he's in uniform... Oh! :eek:

• Advertisement

Even on his day off he's in uniform... Oh! :eek:

A couple of years ago they had scenes of Charlotte wearing a school uniform when she wasn't even enrolled in school anymore:rolleyes:

Charlie is back with his bushy eyebrows... They're really longer than Des Healeys or am I thinking of Ted Heath:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Charlie is back with his bushy eyebrows... They're really longer than Des Healeys or am I thinking of Ted Heath:confused:

Dennis Healy? ;)

That was anticlimactic tonight or just crap really - why dafuq didn't KT run out the open door of the apartment or rather why dafuq didn't they just leave us wondering where she was - was there two boxes? Did Ciarán kill her? Whoever directs "dreams this stuff up" really can't do drama and seriously underestimates their audience - even though we do rip the piss out of it ( I suppose that's why Emmet was forced to drink it)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

I genuinely feel some level of self-disgust after watching that episode and wasting more time in my life on this show.

I really can't believe people are paid to write this? It is shambolic. RTE must be so corrupt to let this continue by paying 'actors' and scriptwriters for this absolutely useless show.

I'm embarrassed by everything about the show. I hate it, I'm never watching it again. I'll read the thread here for more entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

A couple of years ago they had scenes of Charlotte wearing a school uniform when she wasn't even enrolled in school anymore:rolleyes:

Bin used to wear his school uniform during the xmas holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

So Ciaran is holding Katy hostage in one location, Emmett in another and lives in a third location with a bunch of other people! :D

I guessed from the outset though that the drink was harmless and this was just him playing sick games with Emmett.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    So Ciaran is holding Katy hostage in one location, Emmett in another and lives in a third location with a bunch of other people! :D

I guessed from the outset though that the drink was harmless and this was just him playing sick games with Emmett.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a luxury suburban home to keep his backpack in!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ciaran isnt going to kill anyone, its all hot air and bravado. As much as he hates Emmet he doesnt have it in him to end his life therefore we are subjected to a non stop repetitive series of mind games until either he legs it or Emmet escapes. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭sonic85

Ciaran isnt going to kill anyone, its all hot air and bravado. As much as he hates Emmet he doesnt have it in him to end his life therefore we are subjected to a non stop repetitive series of mind games until either he legs it or Emmet escapes. Yawn.

Yeah it will probably just peter out eventually because they haven't got the balls or the knowhow to bring it to a satisfactory conclusion.

Question is how long more will Emmett be captive for? Will it be a week, month or will it be dragging on till this time next year? Answers on a postcard please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Reid

Waiting for the strawberry p1ss take. .

This is Hollywood stuff lads

Paulio is gona save KT another twist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement