Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

One well one of many things I don't understand is why do they need a crappy secondary story to run at the same time as a main story? Why do they always need filler. Emmet also being taken captive is enough. Who give's a toss if Glenrose can't remember to get down the alotment. 2 of her grankids are officially missing and all her chums care about is their veggies. Stripey is right about Deegan, Eskimo is missing, he's supposedly looking for hum since yesterday but Farrah - LH's missus only finds out randomly at the pub. As per most Carraigstown missing persons cases no one looks further than Carraigstown. I hope to Christ Galway gets a mention, then I have a full bingo card

• Registered Users Posts: 29,643 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Strazdas wrote: »
    So Ciaran is holding Katy hostage in one location, Emmett in another and lives in a third location with a bunch of other people! :D

I guessed from the outset though that the drink was harmless and this was just him playing sick games with Emmett.
    How did he move Katy from the lock up to the apartment? Also I think it was way too violent for an 8 o clock show, no warning beforehand either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

whelan2 wrote: »
    How did he move Katy from the lock up to the apartment? Also I think it was way too violent for an 8 o clock show, no warning beforehand either.

I've heard little kids say this story line is to long and not real. They'll know the violence isn't real as well.

The kicking of Emmet was fairly brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I've heard little kids say this story line is to long and not real. They'll know the violence isn't real as well.

Young children won't know the violence isn't real. Young children absorb everything.

RTE should give a warning and be somewhat consistent. They give warnings for other stuff that sometimes has people scratching their heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Think it is a common outcome regarding head injurys, people can turn out nasty or nice after.

Did Degan said it was his day off and he's up since 7 o'clock? .. :confused: if it was his day off why was he was wearing his uniform :confused:

He's driving a taxi all night, he just mixed up which uniform to wear through being knackered tired! :pac:

walshb wrote: »
    Young children won't know the violence isn't real. Young children absorb everything.

When I was young I had an understanding of Fair City. The kids now a days have the same. If they can't figure of that Fair City isn't really with the current storyline. They'll have a lot of issues in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I came here first before watching it to save myself an hour. Is she or isn't she free. Not free....not watching!

LB6 wrote: »
    I came here first before watching it to save myself an hour. Is she or isn't she free. Not free....not watching!

She's moved to an apartment now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

sudzs wrote: »
    Was that Clarrrrrrr doing Daniel O'Connel at the commemoration just on the 9 o'clock news???

Yes it was. I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

With the price of rent in Dublin at the moment I'd happily swap with Katie! She doesn't know how good of a deal she's getting.

With the price of rent in Dublin at the moment I'd happily swap with Katie! She doesn't know how good of a deal she's getting.

She has clothes, make up, food, heat, light, DVD, no rent, toiletries, magazines,etc all for free.

A lovely spacious one with a view to the road. Living the life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

RTE should give a warning and be somewhat consistent. They give warnings for other stuff that sometimes has people scratching their heads.
    Young children should not be watching soaps. That's questionable parenting. It was an hr long episode in relation to a kidnap, none of it was suitable for a child.

Young children should not be watching soaps. That's questionable parenting. It was an hr long episode in relation to a kidnap, none of it was suitable for a child.

All the more reason to say beforehand that it wasn't suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

FFS - from bad to worse - it'll be another year now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

whelan2 wrote: »
    All the more reason to say beforehand that it wasn't suitable

There's a certification shown on the top of the screen in the opening credits. It's up to the parents to not expose their child to grown up shows, not RTÉ.
    Soaps as a general rule tend not to be suitable, affairs, drugs, murders etc

Separate issue. You have admitted that it wasn't suitable, hence RTE should give a warning. Parenting should parent...

In other words, RTE issue the warning "just in case."

To say young children should not be watching soaps is silly. Many (likely all) don't, but they can be present in rooms with their parents or siblings who may. That is the issue. They have eyes and ears and can come across it.

Plus, if the parents are not made aware that such and such an episode contains possibly upsetting scenes, then they aren't able to make changes.

If parents still decide not to act then they are wrong, but RTE should at least cover themselves and help out.

Also, it's common that soaps issue these warnings. All programmes do. RTE simply lack consistency.

LB6 wrote: »
    FFS - from bad to worse - it'll be another year now

Now Emmett is locked in the box!

The scene with Eskimo Boy self harming last week was disgraceful as regards no warning issued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Separate issue. You have admitted that it wasn't suitable, hence RTE should give a warning. Parenting should parent...

In other words, RTE issue the warning "just in case."

To say young children should not be watching soaps is silly. Many (likely all) don't, but they can be present in rooms with their parents or siblings who may. That is the issue. They have eyes and ears and can come across it.

Plus, if the parents are not made aware that such and such an episode contains possibly upsetting scenes, then they aren't able to make changes.

If parents still decide not to act then they are wrong, but RTE should at least cover themselves and help out.

Also, it's common that soaps issue these warnings. All programmes do. RTE simply lack consistency.

Honestly you are giving too much credit to the shows creators. If any kid was upset or scared over that absolute farcical nonsence last night then they have a very tough life ahead of them. My 4 year old niece doesn't want soaps but I'd say she be more scared of an episode of Sesame Street than that absolute hogwash.

There were ads all week for that episode. If you're a frequent viewer you'd have known what the episode constant was going to be. If your kid was scared then it's the parents fault for letting them watch it- not RTE's, and they're probably the type of parents that tell their kids the boogeyman exists to get them to behave.

Not overly funny compared to "Katy in a Box" but portrays our feelings generally!!

You don't have the link properly put on

How do you want me to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Link is not working for me either.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Link is not working for me either.

Link is working on my laptop but not phone!

• Advertisement

How do you want me to do it?

just put the link on, no need for the spoiler aspect. If you want to put spoiler over the link that will be the same as you can't see whatever it is until you get into the link!!

There is no
    bit at the start of the link, that is what is causing the link to fail!

Ps, this isn't me having a go, just trying to help you out! Sometimes tone of reply is misinterpreted on these threads and I don't wish to convey that!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement