Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

He will have the whole of Carrigstown locked in the Allotment soon enough!

latest?cb=20060329204545

He will have the whole of Carrigstown locked in the Allotment soon enough!

latest?cb=20060329204545
    And it is THEN that Zoe returns to Carrigs/GhostTown.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

just put the link on, no need for the spoiler aspect. If you want to put spoiler over the link that will be the same as you can't see whatever it is until you get into the link!!

There is no bit at the start of the link, that is what is causing the link to fail!

Ps, this isn't me having a go, just trying to help you out! Sometimes tone of reply is misinterpreted on these threads and I don't wish to convey that!!

I think I fixed it in another post.
    It never even entered my head that you might having ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Hopefully

• Advertisement

Hopefully

I was trying to keep it a surprise for people. That's mainly why my links went wrong!

Too little too late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Hopefully

her Ordeal came to an end last night ffs, she is now in an nice Dublin apartment and could easily leave if she wanted to.

The most irritating bit was his efforts to channel a cartoonish bond villain. All he needed was a cat on his lap and a smile painted onto his face and he was the full deal.

When he is caught, I expect him to say "And I would have got away with it it if it weren't for that meddling pesky Emmett"

How is this possibly going to end well. Unless half the street is nuked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Monday morning script writer meeting in RTE.... Great lads/lassies writing keep it up its all the talk of the internet. Heres another five grand to your paycheck....

And they have absolutely nothing lined up as a worthy story afterwards. A 4 night a week soap should have 7 or 8 or more solid plots runnning concurrently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

And they have absolutely nothing lined up as a worthy story afterwards..

Well they have a bra shopping story coming up :eek:

And they have absolutely nothing lined up as a worthy story afterwards. A 4 night a week soap should have 7 or 8 or more solid plots runnning concurrently.

We've the following to look forward to,
    Roses Alzheimer's.
    Paul & Niamh's relationship woes.
    Sash and Dan.(Might be forgotten about)
    Katy adjusting to life on the outside.
    Ellie's Puberty?

Well they have a bra shopping story coming up :eek:

Ugh, seriously. No offence but I don't think many would be comfortable at even the mention of that. It is hardly viewer worthy, emotional, dramatic, or entertainment. What next, a lesson on the menstrual cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

The most irritating bit was his efforts to channel a cartoonish bond villain. All he needed was a cat on his lap and a smile painted onto his face and he was the full deal.

When he is caught, I expect him to say "And I would have got away with it it if it weren't for that meddling pesky Emmett"

Not Bond villain, more a knock off Heath Ledger Joker. Hence the stupid jokes, the weird speeches (what was that butterfly bit about?) and the weird lighting.

Ugh, seriously. No offence but I don't think many would be comfortable at even the mention of that. It is hardly viewer worthy, emotional, dramatic, or entertainment. What next, a lesson on the menstrual cycle.

Speaking as a male I would happily enjoy an episode on menstrual cycle over Ciaran gradually abducting the entire O'Brien clan one member a yer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,976 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Hopefully

That means it ends next week then.

I've no particular problem with them having this crazy Ciaran stuff at the moment (it is a soap after all), but all of this should have been done in one big chunk last autumn ie. we find out he's holding Katy then he moves her a few weeks later and takes Emmett hostage as well. At least the storyline would have been moving along at a hundred miles an hour. Dragging a kidnap / hostage plot out for over a year is absolutely bonkers.

Loblox wrote: »
    Not Bond villain, more a knock off Heath Ledger Joker. Hence the stupid jokes, the weird speeches (what was that butterfly bit about?) and the weird lighting.

sorry, actually meant Batman villain meets Dr Evil meets Hannibal Lector meets Scooby Doo villain!
    People called him a great psycho. I thought he was a parody of a parody of a psycho.
    He would be much more convincing if he didn't act so drastically out of character in his scenes yesterday.
    He has been in Emmett's constant presence for a year so they would have a familiarity in conversing style that can't just be completely altered at the drop of the hat.
    Obviously there would be a big dynamic change in their relationship now but not so much to alter him to that degree. If anything he would have been emotional, stressed etc.

The actor playing Emmett was far more convincing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Can you picture the filming of these scenes, Ciaran smiling like an idiot on the couch as his colleagues tell him he's brilliant. Then there's Heather who's only research on Brain injury seems to be stuttering and blinking !!! Dan the movable prop going up and down the street with no purpose but to be seen in a wheelchair it's all so sh1te and yet RTE are askin to double the licence fee, I don't think any other national broadcaster would get away with such sub standard output . The only really decent content seems to come from outside sources

I know all publicity (good or bad) is good publicity regardless, but the writers who genuinely thought they were writing this story in a positive manner must be really embarrassed by how the story developed. Surely, you must have some self respect and pride in your work, especially one like writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I say the writers think its actually hilarious what they are doing? they are clearly just dragging it out now just to get under all our skins.

I don,t think they ever planned on keeping Katie locked up this long when she was first kidnapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Liveline Now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Fair city been discussed on live line now! Caller angry about the violence in it last night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,176 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Plot line been discussed now! Described as pure "rubbish"

If RTE had any balls they would get the chief writer on to "defend" what is going on!!

This Liveline show is brilliant! Some characters ringing in! A blind man wants to ring the Minister for Communications to complain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Result for RTE/FC and the writers....morons on Liveline discussing its stupidity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

It's hard to write anything at this stage it's drained the life out of all of us, the best thing to happen to the writers would be if they got their lowest rating numbers in the next episode or when KT finally does get released to her family

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement