Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Following this thread but not watching the actual show anymore. Its better this way because it eases the insufferable pain of viewing horrendous storytelling that makes my eyes want to bleed and my ears burst with absolute terror, that RTE could insult the easiest form of drama that TV makers produce - A fooking Soap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

All emmet has to do is bite through the plastic cable tie around his wrist then rip the sound proofing off as the sound proof is in the inside for some reason.

Is Cass convincing Rose its her round every time when they're in the pub cos she keeps forgetting its his. He has that ginger one buried in the allotments I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

If Ciaran ever decides to change career from Professional Kidnapper, he would be snapped up as a court typist. He sent the text "Hanging with mates, needed some headspace. Home Soon, Emmet". in 3 seconds then switched it to voicemail straight away.
    Magic!

Tune in tomorrow for more "I'm going to kill you, you're going to pay for what you did, nah not really here is some cake, can I eat it with you".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

People complain about violence in FC but a fella is after getting punched in the face multiple times and kicked on the ground with blood visible on Ros na Rùn but I doubt there will be complaints about that on Joe Duffy tomorrow.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pookiesboo wrote: »
    All emmet has to do is bite through the plastic cable tie around his wrist then rip the sound proofing off as the sound proof is in the inside for some reason.

He wouldn't be clever enough for that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I'm fooking lost. Is Eskimo Boy locked up or just on a session with LH?

I stand by my assertion that a hard kick in the bollix for Eskimo Boy would have been much more productive than this mess. Ah well, LH. Maybe next time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shannon757 wrote: »
    People complain about violence in FC but a fella is after getting punched in the face multiple times and kicked on the ground with blood visible on Ros na Rùn but I doubt there will be complaints about that on Joe Duffy tomorrow.

Violence in FC?

780fd297ffbaa31dab464a712b0d29e7_meme-does-not-compute-memesuper-does-not-compute-meme_480-480.jpeg

walshb wrote: »
    I'm fooking lost. Is Eskimo Boy locked up or just on a session with LH?

Locked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

This is turning into a bigger crock of **** every episode now . If he cant break a cable tie to save his life I just don't know , even the lid of the cistern could be broken and used to cut them if he wanted .
    How are the writers not being called into an office and told they just aren't up to the job - A PATHETIC PIECE OF WRITING

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Violence in FC?

780fd297ffbaa31dab464a712b0d29e7_meme-does-not-compute-memesuper-does-not-compute-meme_480-480.jpeg

Locked up.

I'm still getting over this:
    fair%20city%20fight%202.jpg

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »

I forgot about that.

How did he end up in a wheel chair again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I forgot about that.

It was just the most ridiculous plot device to get him to be killed by a hotel bar counter/reception desk

I forgot about that.

I think he came back from Galway and was in one, something about hurting himself while away. I vaguely recall thinking it may have happened in real life and they had to write it into the show - but that could be completely made up but it feels true to me for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I can't be alone in thinking Tessa will rock up with Emmett Jr at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I mean. seriously, Heather is practically spelling it out to them that LoveHate is involved and we are meant to believe they are not considering the fact that this passive aggressive man who constantly loses temper with her and tells her she is completely off the wall stupid/mental in front of them is immune of suspicion.

They would also be taking her to regular psychiatric and rehabilitation if it was in anyway realistic and these would be able to understand the logic behind these claims.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-extras-30003038/10722467/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

youwould wrote: »
    I can't be alone in thinking Tessa will rock up with Emmett Jr at some point.

That would be the intelligent thing that should have happened in October.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I mean. seriously, Heather is practically spelling it out to them that LoveHate is involved and we are meant to believe they are not considering the fact that this passive aggressive man who constantly loses temper with her and tells her she is completely off the wall stupid/mental in front of them is immune of suspicion.

They would also be taking her to regular psychiatric and rehabilitation if it was in anyway realistic and these would be able to understand the logic behind these claims.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-extras-30003038/10722467/

This why I'm annoyed Jackie isn't involved now. She suspected something about him when she was taking Heather to the gym a month or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Rose and the picnic basket reminded me of.

Father Ted Crilly: Did you bring the travel scrabble Dougal?

Father Dougal McGuire: I brought the normal scrabble and the travel scrabble, Ted. The travel scrabble for when we were traveling, and the normal scrabble for when we arrived!

Father Ted Crilly: Good man!

Father Dougal McGuire: Ah, no, wait a minute... now that I think of it I didn't bring either of them! God, I'm an awful idiot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Without food or water, you'll die in about 14 days I'd say...says Ciaran.....and then he leaves him there tied to sink and beside a toilet, each with an infinite supply of water.....and just for good measure, he even leaves Emmet with a plastic cup to drink it from!

Its absolute gold.

youwould wrote: »
    This why I'm annoyed Jackie isn't involved now. She suspected something about him when she was taking Heather to the gym a month or so ago.

It's infuriating, every now and then someone will show signs of suspecting all is not right with him, Emmett (prior to this week), Jackie, Renee, Kevin but then it's just swept away and the story drags on.

I wonder what Katie has been doing for the few days she's been chilling in that flat..

• Advertisement

I wonder what Katie has been doing for the few days she's been chilling in that flat..

Clearly not trying too escape anyway because of course that wouldn't enter her mind at all :rolleyes:

I find it amazing how love/hate moved Katie too that flat anyway, not one person saw this Muppet move a suspicious looking woman who resembled Katie too the flat which is somewhere in carrigstown? No of course everyone was inside drinking coffee in
    Vinos or Bob's burgers :rolleyes: saps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Ciaran went from his helpless tearful victim persona to his Blofeld persona as usual. I noticed he also now is factoring a bit of Paul Brennan into the equation with his toast to the 'useless' Emmett. That was a pure Pauldy type insult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i've been following this katy s/l. These ciaran scenes in the box with emmet look as if they've been ripped out of every psycho/stalker/thriller flick i've ever watched. the whole ''i'm gonna let you rot in here, your organs are gonna fail'' and the line delivery is cliche to the point of parody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

fin12 wrote: »
    Someone brought that up before about Ciaran having the same name as the missing sister but to be honest they could be half siblings so it's plausible that he could have a different surname.

Just watched tonight's episode.... so it turns out Emmet couldn't remember the girls first name let alone her surname :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Anyone else think that Ciaran and Tessa might have had an incestuous relationship:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Madness must run in the family if Tessa fell so madly in love with someone in a couple of weeks that she would disappear over them

At least piss drinking Eskimo Boy got to find out some sh1t about the Joker. It seems poor owl Farrah doesn't even know if he ever had parents or siblings.

On another note. My google feed pops up a lot of FC news. Latest being the "hilarious" tweets on Twitter regarding the Joker and his choice of clothing. Compared to this thread it's about as hilarious as a burning orphanage..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Anyone else think that Ciaran and Tessa might have had an incestuous relationship:D:D:D

A la Floyd/Heather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

She probably fecked off to get away from her domineering brother and then once the parents croaked it, she had no reason to go back.
    I do think she'll turn up in the next week or 2 - maybe it's blind optimism on my part but he can't just left Emmet and/or Katy and still have Tessa's fate unknown

• Advertisement

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick to the teeth of Cheshire Cat....after about two episodes of her a few months back I had enough, and here we are 2-3 months later and the same ridiculous sh1t. Who gives a fook that she's "onto the Joker?"

And yes, her portrayal is beyond stupid!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement