Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

She probably fecked off to get away from her domineering brother and then once the parents croaked it, she had no reason to go back.
    I do think she'll turn up in the next week or 2 - maybe it's blind optimism on my part but he can't just left Emmet and/or Katy and still have Tessa's fate unknown

I hope the Tessa in that picture of LH's turns up.. she's a babe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

walshb wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else but I am sick to the teeth of Cheshire Cat....after about two episodes of her a few months back I had enough, and here we are 2-3 months later and the same ridiculous sh1t. Who gives a fook that she's "onto the Joker?"

And yes, her portrayal is beyond stupid!
    cheshire cat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shellybelle

I'd say Tessa is happily living in the Galapagos Islands with Zoe, and possibly Amanda, and maybe Sean.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

How was ciaran even able to track down the random drifter who spent 2 weeks with his sister ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

How the hell would Emmett not remember someone he spent a month with? Really? Not a notion of who she is even looking at a photo of her. So farcical. You can almost hear them making it up as they go along.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

pjohnson wrote: »
    cheshire cat?

Think they mean Heather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

How was ciaran even able to track down the random drifter who spent 2 weeks with his sister ?

I take it Ciaran knew of him by name. No, I'm sure he did know of Emmett by name via his sister. If so, then it would be very easy to track him down if he had an online profile where he shared a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Madness must run in the family if Tessa fell so madly in love with someone in a couple of weeks that she would disappear over them

I get the impression that mental health problems run in Ciaran's family. Tessa met what was essentially a bum and layabout in Emmett, hung around with him in Thailand for a few weeks and then couldn't handle it when he ditched her and moved on. She sounds a bit unstable.

Just reading through the posts.

Heather/Floyd-type relationships: this could be the next angle of the story. Ciaran and Tessa could well have had the same type of relationship. This could be very possible especially with Heather's involvement in the storyline.
    Tessa alive and well: I'd nearly be certain she will turn up alive and well and proving Emmett to be innocent of any wrongdoing.
    Ciaran's name: Ciaran may or may not be his real name and his surname may or may not be real. My guess is it is not his real name. I know friends of mine and have not ever met their brothers or sisters but know their names because they get mentioned. Ciaran would not take that risk.
    How this could play out: A siege/hostage situation it looks like. Heather will lead the way to finding them in the new house Katy is in and get captured too and Tessa could call there too (Emmett may or may not be moved there, my guess is he will as Ciaran won't let him die). Tessa's arrival could spell the end for Ciaran, with Emmett redeemed as doing nothing wrong and all this for nothing. Ciaran then could kill himself. Then, it is back to more Paul v Niamh!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Heather/Floyd-type relationships: this could be the next angle of the story. Ciaran and Tessa could well have had the same type of relationship. This could be very possible especially with Heather's involvement in the storyline.
    Tessa alive and well: I'd nearly be certain she will turn up alive and well and proving Emmett to be innocent of any wrongdoing.
    Ciaran's name: Ciaran may or may not be his real name and his surname may or may not be real. My guess is it is not his real name. I know friends of mine and have not ever met their brothers or sisters but know their names because they get mentioned. Ciaran would not take that risk.
    How this could play out: A siege/hostage situation it looks like. Heather will lead the way to finding them in the new house Katy is in and get captured too and Tessa could call there too (Emmett may or may not be moved there, my guess is he will as Ciaran won't let him die). Tessa's arrival could spell the end for Ciaran, with Emmett redeemed as doing nothing wrong and all this for nothing. Ciaran then could kill himself. Then, it is back to more Paul v Niamh!

I do wonder too if Ciaran is lying about his parents dying in a car crash after his sister went missing. It sounds a bit fanciful.....who knows what to believe out of his mouth?

A very strong possibility Tessa will show up, thus sending him into a complete meltdown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Sure Emmet didn't ever recognise Tessa from the photo or know her first name

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

walshb wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else but I am sick to the teeth of Cheshire Cat....after about two episodes of her a few months back I had enough, and here we are 2-3 months later and the same ridiculous sh1t. Who gives a fook that she's "onto the Joker?"

And yes, her portrayal is beyond stupid!

I'd love to see Heather get her own spin-off show.. :D

Sure Emmet didn't ever recognise Tessa from the photo or know her first name

That part I found strange and poorly scripted. At first I thought he was denying all knowledge but he genuinely didn't know until Ciaran gave him a hint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Did anyone else notice that Dim Deegan was ready to close the book on the case of missing Emmet until Debbie suggested it was out of character to text Eoghan plus the wording seemed funny. Deegan stumbled "Oh...you think this may NOT be from him Debbie?", he all but said "Debbie, I haven't a clue what to do here, maybe you could do it for me?".

Its absolutely unforgiveable how him and Ciarans stupid girlfriend didn't once suspect an absolute thing about this new mysterious young man who suddenly wanted to help the O Briens and lived with Emmet. Even watching him for 3 days would have rumbled him- he would have been spotted at all hours in the lock up bringing bags of clothes and food and dvd players etc. Plus his trademark backpack and shifty eyebrows.

I have a feeling also that we haven't seen the last of Stella...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Why don't they just trace where Emmett's text came from? It'll locate it to the same bloody room as that useless Garda

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Thought Emmet was good in last night's episode.

Can anyone remember why Ciaran cannot renew the lease on the lock-up? Are they selling it or knocking it down or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭sonic85

Is that wig like KTs pet? Will she stick a pair of eyes on it and start talking to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Deegan in a tracksuit!!!!!!

Can he not give her a TV or something just to shut her up FFS

Cable ties...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Gotta say, Ellie is a great Lil actor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Gewon header!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

imagine they kept emmet in the box for another six months

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

This is the episode that should've been shown on Sunday evening, at least there is some momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Does anyone know why it wasn't on last week?
    I joked that the writers had to take the week off to figure out how to end the story, but...... am I right?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭harris33

Seen this for the first time,riviting

tupenny wrote: »

They depict her as a 4 year old though.

tupenny wrote: »

She annoys the crap out of me. I could be in the minority though!

Heather is really starting to grate now too. Be no harm if they wrapped up that stupid story and her stuttering and stammering

For goodness sake!!! This is f'ing stupid. How in Gods name can this not arouse suspicions. If this happened in real life he would be dragged down into the station now and be charged within an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭purple_rose

Poor heather, made out as if she's psycho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement