Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Katy is supposed to be so utterly dependent on Ciaran that she isn't even going to try and escape, her mind has been broken down after a year of having only one single human in her life that she is very disturbed at this stage. She may never be normal again.

Oh, Ciaran didn't let Emmet die, didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

P.S did anyone notice that in the pub scene with Heather NOBODY else was in the pub - no customers, the chairs were stacked and the lights were off. That's laziness on a different level from the producers.

I think 'Stockholm Syndrome' or something akin to it has to be at play. She has some chairs in that apartment that you'd expect someone corpus mentis would be driving through the window and roaring at people on the street. Particularly as she has all day to do it with the odd Ciaran visit.

Katy is supposed to be so utterly dependent on Ciaran that she isn't even going to try and escape, her mind has been broken down after a year of having only one single human in her life that she is very disturbed at this stage. She may never be normal again.

Oh, Ciaran didn't let Emmet die, didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

P.S did anyone notice that in the pub scene with Heather NOBODY else was in the pub - no customers, the chairs were stacked and the lights were off. That's laziness on a different level from the producers.

I took it that the pub wasn't supposed to be open at the time. I noted it myself because when I saw them bring Header there, I was thinking "FFS, has no one got a home in this damn place?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

What I wouldn't give to bug the FC writing room. F**K Trump's Russian meeting, this would be a gazzilion times more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Only a 737 crash landing into carraigestown will save this show now

So much damage done to this show over one stupid storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That's laughable, "When we go outside, don't do anything to attract attention" ... after tying his arms behind his back. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

nagdefy wrote: »
    I think 'Stockholm Syndrome' or something akin to it has to be at play. She has some chairs in that apartment that you'd expect someone corpus mentis would be driving through the window and roaring at people on the street. Particularly as she has all day to do it with the odd Ciaran visit.

Yes, I don't think theres any reasonable expectation that Katy is going to try and escape, her whole world now is Ciaran and she 100% believes he has power over her family, plus the bond they have built up is much stronger than even that of her bond with Eoghan and Debbie, after all this time, shes going to need years and years of therapy to come back from it. I hope Debbie or Eoghan decks Dim Deegan for fcuking up the initial investigation so badly. There is going to be a lot of anger when the truth comes out.

Watching Decco and Kerri Ann push a bloody trolley around the Spar arguing about eggs would be better than this. (a la Lidl ad)

Craig-Mairead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Someone PM me when the return of Kelly's bunions airs...

BREAKING: ENDA KENNY QUITS OFFICE IN QUEST TO FREE KATY

ALSO: NEWS COMING IN THAT DONALD TRUMP HAD SECRET MEETING WITH RTE WRITERS TO ASK THEM TO DROP PLANS TO RELEASE KATY TO DIVERT PUBLICITY FROM HIM

True story! I forgot to mention this when I was in Fair City exile for a few weeks!

The actor that plays Sean opened a Spar in Kildare a while back!!

Seriously, you couldn't make it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

True story! I forgot to mention this when I was in Fair City exile for a few weeks!

He opened one in Kerry a while back also if I remember correctly - may as well seeing as he only gets one appearance every six months at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm so glad I'm in a part of the world where I can't even tempt myself to watch it. Sounds like utter frustrating muck.:D One more beer. Early start tomorrow.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you reckon if piss drinking Eskimo Boy ever gets out that he may have a career as a cage fighter?

A friend of a friend of a friend of mine seen KT last week in a eatery, they asked her when will it end? She said she can't say..

I see Farrah has 11811 money they cost a fortune and they put her through that will cost her

I see Farrah has 11811 money they cost a fortune and they put her through that will cost her

I was just going to mention that!..... Why didn't she just Google the place...? :rolleyes:

Damo seems to know more than they do.

listening to the Nana on Live-line talking about violence on Fair City she was up all night she couldn't sleep because of it.

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Id say if Sean got 2 hours of screen time a year that would be a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I mean. seriously, Heather is practically spelling it out to them that LoveHate is involved and we are meant to believe they are not considering the fact that this passive aggressive man who constantly loses temper with her and tells her she is completely off the wall stupid/mental in front of them is immune of suspicion.

They would also be taking her to regular psychiatric and rehabilitation if it was in anyway realistic and these would be able to understand the logic behind these claims.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/fair-city-extras-30003038/10722467/

I thought when she recognised Katy from the picture on the wall that at least one of them would have listened to her. Her insistence that Ciarán should not be anywhere near her daughter should give someone of them pause for thought. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Strazdas wrote: »
    I get the impression that mental health problems run in Ciaran's family. Tessa met what was essentially a bum and layabout in Emmett, hung around with him in Thailand for a few weeks and then couldn't handle it when he ditched her and moved on. She sounds a bit unstable.

Not a patch on psycho Ciarán, though!

• Advertisement

Deegan randomly popping into the community centre dressed like male Vicky Pollard from 1983 was the highlight of the episode for me!

il_570xN.1034625243_t8la.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Wonder what Rose will forget tomorrow

brooke 2 wrote: »
    I thought when she recognised Katy from the picture on the wall that at least one of them would have listened to her. Her insistence that Ciarán should not be anywhere near her daughter should give someone of them pause for thought. :mad:

Hughie did make all the appropriate facial expressions as if believing Heather, then he's all like 'she's confused, Hughie is coming across as more brain damaged than Heathe. :rolleyes:

anna080 wrote: »
    Wonder what Rose will forget tomorrow

I think Cass is acting the right a-hole with Charlie though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Great facial expression from LH after telling Debbie emmet is a junkie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

bazermc wrote: »

What is LH?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

This whole mess is just infuriating now. Surely someone must have the teeniest suspicion when Heather is so insistent(I thought for a quick second there that Hughie and even Farrah had some little doubt, but no..the moment passed :mad:). All I can think of when I see Renee is "Ya big muttonhead..listen to your daughter FFS!"

Every time Glenrose has one of her "turns", I seriously expect background laughter to sound..yes yes I know dementia/Alzheimers is serious stuff(the mother of a friend of mine has it) , but they are handling it so wrong (in my opinion anyway). The way she brushes it off (out of the corner of her mouth the way she does) just doesn't cut it with me.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    What is LH?

Ciaran, he's nicknamed Love Hate since he arrived in Carriagstown on the back of his previous fame!

maurv1 wrote: »
    This whole mess is just infuriating now. Surely someone must have the teeniest suspicion when Heather is so insistent(I thought for a quick second there that Hughie and even Farrah had some little doubt, but no..the moment passed :mad:). All I can think of when I see Renee is "Ya big muttonhead..listen to your daughter FFS!"

Every time Glenrose has one of her "turns", I seriously expect background laughter to sound..yes yes I know dementia/Alzheimers is serious stuff(the mother of a friend of mine has it) , but they are handling it so wrong (in my opinion anyway). The way she brushes it off (out of the corner of her mouth the way she does) just doesn't cut it with me.

Not a long shot better than Dermot's liver cancer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

bazermc wrote:

Classic Ciaran.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement