Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I could eat a roll of Kodak and puke a better production

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

A lot of pennies are dropping now about Ciaran. Eoghan, Debbie, Hughie all finally realise he is key to Katy's disappearance at last. Farrah still cannot see through him. At this stage, Ciaran is running out of time and the question is will this story end violently or go out with a whimper.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Oh yeah just one of hundreds of empty threats. He should have just left Emmet to die, that way he could have let Katy go and couldn't be linked to Emmet, hes just made life 100 times harder by having 2 hostages. Its gas- Emmet hasn't seen Katy in a year and yet they were just sitting in stony silence when Ciaran returned! He could have at least told her about Trump or Brexit.
    At the rate he's going he'll have the whole family held hostage next with their will rather than against :rolleyes:

Oh yeah just one of hundreds of empty threats. He should have just left Emmet to die, that way he could have let Katy go and couldn't be linked to Emmet, hes just made life 100 times harder by having 2 hostages. Its gas- Emmet hasn't seen Katy in a year and yet they were just sitting in stony silence when Ciaran returned! He could have at least told her about Trump or Brexit.

Ciaran is weak and panicky. While we get flashes of Bond villain personas (think Blofeld, Stromberg, Drax or Kananga when Ciaran is teasing with Emmett and telling his plan or think Zorin when we see Ciaran laughing about Emmett's fate like a madman) and Paul Brennan arrogance (when he comments about Emmett being a loser in a toast), the most common persona is of panic. We saw plenty of that tonight. Emmett can push his buttons and now with Debbie, Eoghan, Heather and Hughie (and eventually Farrah!!) all on to him, how easily found this new apartment he is in will be key to how much longer this goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Over the last few episodes, there's been several times it has jumped out at me that the writers have been following this thread with their belated efforts to gloss over the plot holes that have been spelled out again and again here.

So hello Mr./Mrs. Fair City writers. I'd love to retire early and my son is looking for a job. Will you give him one as a new writer please. He'll fit right in with ye. He's 7.

PM me

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

What did the note to Farrah say at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Turn off the immersion after the shower

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Katy and emmet won't be too hard to find. They're clearly in Judith and Bobs old apartment redecorated. Isn't that above Vinos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

15XVgtX.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Ciaran doing exactly what he accused Emmett of doing to his sister. Using Farrah and then leaving her with his pathetic chicken **** letter. The irony!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Johnny Ward, take a bow..to be that sh1tty an actor takes serious talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

walshb wrote: »

I disagree, he is a decent actor. The dialogue, behaviour, actions and character don't help him in any way or form unfortunately

I disagree, he is a decent actor. The dialogue, behaviour, actions and character don't help him in any way or form unfortunately

Agreed...the script is more the issue..

The writers took bows long ago so I thought I'd throw him
    in as well..

Anyway, Stripey is for me the worst actor in FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Somebody has to die to have some point to the story..... And no I don't mean one of the fair city writers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ciaran is weak and panicky. While we get flashes of Bond villain personas (think Blofeld, Stromberg, Drax or Kananga when Ciaran is teasing with Emmett and telling his plan or think Zorin when we see Ciaran laughing about Emmett's fate like a madman) and Paul Brennan arrogance (when he comments about Emmett being a loser in a toast), the most common persona is of panic. We saw plenty of that tonight. Emmett can push his buttons and now with Debbie, Eoghan, Heather and Hughie (and eventually Farrah!!) all on to him, how easily found this new apartment he is in will be key to how much longer this goes on!

Ciaran is not a killer, he is very angry at how he has perceived that his sister was taken and in his warped mind, taking Katy was justification for revenge. We saw over and over again from last September to November that he ultimately didn't want to hurt Katy at all but wanted to keep her in line with threats and withdrawing food etc. Even when he was revealed and saw her note calling him a monster, his threat to leave her there lasted less than a day.

Over the months its almost as if he wanted to forget Katy existed as he tried to build a life with Farrah, and even when Katy practically begged him to kill her and he tried to gas her, he freaked out after 10 seconds. Yes he's willing to throw a few digs to Emmet to vent some of his anger, but his threats are getting very wearisome to watch, its the same thing for the last week now- bulging his eyes, grinning like a madman and repeating lines like "Now you have to DYE Emmit, you deserve it you are SKOOM".

In Sundays preview he is waving a knife in his face and has his fingers in Emmets hair, theres something wrong about that...its almost sexual!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

In Sundays preview he is waving a knife in his face and has his fingers in Emmets hair, theres something wrong about that...its almost sexual!

He must be going giving him a haircut

I'd say there'd even be 1000000 things worse than Boyzone's first appearance on the Late Late Show inclusive of many episodes of the Tubridy Late Late Show.

Are you sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Emmet hasn't seen Katy in a year and yet they were just sitting in stony silence when Ciaran returned! He could have at least told her about Trump or Brexit.

That made me ​laugh so much "ah here Emmet, d'ya tink I'm stooopid like? Donald Trump is the feckin president, as if!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The story will pan out like the Monasterevin siege, Gardaí will have the house surrounded for another month :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

walshb wrote:

I think he is poor as well. The script is shocking, but he seems to be trying way too hard. He's just not believable at all.

They really are dragging this out way too long.

• Advertisement

Ciaran is not a killer, he is very angry at how he has perceived that his sister was taken and in his warped mind, taking Katy was justification for revenge. We saw over and over again from last September to November that he ultimately didn't want to hurt Katy at all but wanted to keep her in line with threats and withdrawing food etc. Even when he was revealed and saw her note calling him a monster, his threat to leave her there lasted less than a day.

Over the months its almost as if he wanted to forget Katy existed as he tried to build a life with Farrah, and even when Katy practically begged him to kill her and he tried to gas her, he freaked out after 10 seconds. Yes he's willing to throw a few digs to Emmet to vent some of his anger, but his threats are getting very wearisome to watch, its the same thing for the last week now- bulging his eyes, grinning like a madman and repeating lines like "Now you have to DYE Emmit, you deserve it you are SKOOM".

Agree 100%. That is exactly it with Ciaran. He is full of threats and has not carried out any of them. He is not a killer. He is trapped in this and while he wants to hurt (not kill) Emmett, he does not want to do so with Katy and he also then wants a normal life with Farrah. He knows he cannot have all this and he is confused and frustrated. Emmett knows he is vulnerable and seems to have started to use this to eat Ciaran up inside.

He can act like a Bond or a Batman villain but he does not have it in him to carry it through. He is in this over his head and he seriously does not know what to do. Love for Farrah? Pity for Katy, Tessa and Eoghan and Debbie? Hatred for Emmett? Yes, he feels all this and the 2 good feelings are contrary to the other bad one.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭redshoes15

Is it a requirement of Fair City actors to practice the 'heavy breathing' form of 'acting'? They must have brown paper bags on hand at the end of every dramatic scene to prevent hyperventilating. Emmet was close to passing out at many points tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Sorry goodbye

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Get yizzer roots done ye tik

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

"Sorry......goodbye"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Agree 100%. That is exactly it with Ciaran. He is full of threats and has not carried out any of them. He is not a killer. He is trapped in this and while he wants to hurt (not kill) Emmett, he does not want to do so with Katy and he also then wants a normal life with Farrah. He knows he cannot have all this and he is confused and frustrated. Emmett knows he is vulnerable and seems to have started to use this to eat Ciaran up inside.

He can act like a Bond or a Batman villain but he does not have it in him to carry it through. He is in this over his head and he seriously does not know what to do. Love for Farrah? Pity for Katy, Tessa and Eoghan and Debbie? Hatred for Emmett? Yes, he feels all this and the 2 good feelings are contrary to the other bad one.

He's clearly unstable and has some sort of personality disorder or mental illness.

He was unable to handle or process Tessa's disappearance like a normal person and his only solution was to lash out and find a scapegoat. He's very passive aggressive, anyone normal would just have challenged Emmett or perhaps even given him a hiding but kidnapping his sister is off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Emmet is the original 7 stone weakling :pac:

What was written on the note that LH left on the bed?

"Can't handle this any more. I'm out of here. I'll be across the road with my hostages if you need to talk."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Ciaran's flat will be like this before the story line ends!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Ciaran - any chance you know anything about Coolhull's whereabouts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement