Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Bullocks wrote: »
    The ban garda detective is wearing Dermots ould jacket

I think it was Ninas! Surely Alannah and Deegan will get the sack or a serious internal investigation after this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Cormdogg wrote: »
    I think it was Ninas! Surely Alannah and Deegan will get the sack or a serious internal investigation after this?

They should both be sacked for gross incompetence, how they missed Katy right under their nose was beyond stupid.
    By the way how exactly did Debbie and Eoghan know where the lock up was? And the door was open? Who left Deegan and your woman in? And why did they think to go there?? And they just found the secret room unlocked despite Ciaran surely wanting to cover the room in case Farrah dropped by??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

We need to get onto Arthur Murphy's mailbag - We HAVE to find out who owns the disappearing leg !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

jos28 wrote: »
    We need to get onto Arthur Murphy's mailbag - We HAVE to find out who owns the disappearing leg !!

It was Ciaran's leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Emmet must have a hell of a strong bladder. He was sitting on that kitchen chair since last Thursday. Unless he has a colostomy bag, he's some man!
    I was kind of relieved when he put that rolling pin down his trousers . After about five really weak attempts to overcome L/H over the past week , I was beginning to think he had nothing at all in his pants.

Ooh, the size of that big scary knife that Ciarán was waving around! I think I have a more frightening potato peeler in my kitchen drawer.

I can't understand why that little baby in Rose's care would start bawling out on the street. Since the poor child was born, she's been out in the open air, being pushed up and down the street outside Vino's. Last February, Head'n'Shoulders even brought her out into the park in the pitch dark, and it never took a feather out of her.
    I wish Emmet Braveheart would show as much courage as that wee babby!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

anna080 wrote: »
    I actually think Emmett and Katie's mother, whatever her name is, is possibly the worst actress in FC. I mean at least the Da tried tonight, woeful as he was- she's abysmal. The scene where they marched into Farrah's house, she was just standing there with her arms folded huffing and puffing. Pure school play acting. She always has the same miserable expression on her as well. I find her an awful dose up the arse.

Debbie's actress is abysmal, but completely disagree with the bolded, Eoghan's actor is by far the best on Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 30,624 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tayto Ireland had confirmed a large drop in sales in the Dublin region due to the Katy hostage situation coming to an end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I'll miss Ciaran when he's gone. It's been hilarious watching him for the last year. It'll be boring without him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Petrosky1935

I agree. This long drawn out kidnapping thing has gone on too long and, at times, is quite
    upsetting in it's content. Would love to see that deranged mechanic finally get his cumuppence. A question .....how was he supporting himself ? Never saw him servicing any vehicle for over a year. Really whole story was so farfetched

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,803 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I kept shouting at the telly/Emmet pick up the feckin table or chair and lob it through the window you eejit! ... Where are they anyway in a flat above Vino's is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Ok as much as we want it over, am I the only one that found it so stupid how they all came to the conclusion it was Ciaran?

Think about it. Katies mother was in a fit over the the son disappearing and ate the head off Ciaran why was he always hanging around her family and had he none of his own, just in a letting out frustration kinda way.

Then the only other evidence was a woman with a history of lies and who is suffering from severe head trauma and having trouble with memories says she saw Ciaran with Katie? They all say "shut it heather"

Then the big reveal is with zero evidence Katie's mother says in the pub "it has to be Ciaran who sent that text he must have his phone!" Simply because Eoghans phone texted Gripey instead of "his mother"

Cue shocks and then Heather's claims repeated and there's a massive man hunt? Seriously did I miss a crucial scene or something?

It's even more farcical than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As mentioned by me and others, isn't Stripey just a deplorable actor....?

BTW, I sense another...........................siiiieeeegggggeeeeeee!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I've just figured out...he must have been supporting himself and his three properties plus Katy's food and washing and now Emmet' s...on the insurance payment from the parents' accident. BUT surely Tessa would've also been entitled to some of it. Would they not have looked for her? What about checking her visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ok as much as we want it over, am I the only one that found it so stupid how they all came to the conclusion it was Ciaran?

Think about it. Katies mother was in a fit over the the son disappearing and ate the head off Ciaran why was he always hanging around her family and had he none of his own, just in a letting out frustration kinda way.

Then the only other evidence was a woman with a history of lies and who is suffering from severe head trauma and having trouble with memories says she saw Ciaran with Katie? They all say "shut it heather"

Then the big reveal is with zero evidence Katie's mother says in the pub "it has to be Ciaran who sent that text he must have his phone!" Simply because Eoghans phone texted Gripey instead of "his mother"

Cue shocks and then Heather's claims repeated and there's a massive man hunt? Seriously did I miss a crucial scene or something?

You missed quite a bit here pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Seriously did I miss a crucial scene or something?

We were looking back over the sky planner thinking we had missed an episode aswell.
    How can the writing be so bad . It took so long to conclude that you would expect a brilliant twist or something but of course we won't get that

pjohnson wrote: »
    You missed quite a bit here pal.

What but did I miss, being serious not sure if I missed an episode or something.

What happened besides heather and stripeys "he wouldn't have texted you, he'd have texted his mother!" That led them all in the pub to Ciaran must have his phone

I know Farrah found out he never workered at a garage after

Also what evidence was there to justify bashing in the door to the lockup before finding the cells?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ciaran used Emmets phone to say that he was staying with some other lad. Eoghan tracked down this lad and found out that he hadnt been with Emmet and that Emmet actually owed him money and he hadnt seen him in a long time. He also learned that Ciaran had this guys number so he could have just gave this to Eoghan but he didnt. This is what made Debbie realise Ciaran was using Emmets phone.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Ciaran used Emmets phone to say that he was staying with some other lad. Eoghan tracked down this lad and found out that he hadnt been with Emmet and that Emmet actually owed him money and he hadnt seen him in a long time. He also learned that Ciaran had this guys number so he could have just gave this to Eoghan but he didnt. This is what made Debbie realise Ciaran was using Emmets phone.

Ahhhh that's it so, I'm clear on all the follow up after that, thanks bud

Where did Ciaran say his parents died was in in Ireland or Thailand?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

RTE Player has a screenshot of Katy hitting Ciaran with knife on their website. Seems a bit ridiculous to have that up as you will see it if you are going to watch the episode there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Bad news guys, it ain't over

RTE Player has a screenshot of Katy hitting Ciaran with knife on their website. Seems a bit ridiculous to have that up as you will see it if you are going to watch the episode there.

It was all over the net Yesterday Afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Apparently Deegan'so cousin is in charge of Tessa's investigation over in Thailand which would explain how pessimistic LoveHate is that they will find her.
    His name is Guard. Jun Dee-Gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wouldn't it be just great if LH emailed The Sunset Hostel and asked if Tessa was there and they got back and said yes.....

Be all over and all back to being best of buds!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Where did Ciaran say his parents died was in in Ireland or Thailand?

This would have been back in Ireland. He claims that they were devastated by Tessa's disappearance, his father started drinking and then crashed the car one evening killing both.

We don't actually know if any of this is true though. It's strange that he never mentioned to Katy about his parents dying when telling her all about Tessa. This could be some fantasy he has constructed in his head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Wasnt Deegan originally a detective when he came into Fair City first?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Wasnt Deegan originally a detective when he came into Fair City first?

He was indeed but got demoted for some serious misdemeanour (not sure how plausible that would be in real life, it sounds unlikely).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I will be shocked if Tessa doesn't show up within the next two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I will be shocked if Tessa doesn't show up within the next two weeks

Oh she'll absolutely show up at some stage alright. This is what I've always thought and I suspect most viewers did as well when we first learned of Ciaran's reason for kidnapping Katie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement