Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I will be shocked if Tessa doesn't show up within the next two weeks

And LH to take her hostage!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,624 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The actor who plays Emmett has said the mysterious leg from last night was Ciaran's when he was jumping the wall to get into the O'Brien's garden!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

The actor who plays Emmett has said the mysterious leg from last night was Ciaran's when he was jumping the wall to get into the O'Brien's garden!

I'm surprised there was any confusion about this. Ciaran said he was going around to the O'Briens house to get the laptop, we see the leg going over the wall and then a moment or two later we see Ciaran inside the house. Were people even listening to the dialogue? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,624 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm surprised there was any confusion about this. Ciaran said he was going around to the O'Briens house to get the laptop, we see the leg going over the wall and then a moment or two later we see Ciaran inside the house. Were people even listening to the dialogue? :D

That's what I actually originally thought but I got put off by the online reaction.

Conveniently....

Makes no senses that the 'genius' FC writers would create this and then expect folks to buy it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

walshb wrote: »
    Conveniently....

Makes no senses that the 'genius' FC writers would create this and then expect folks to buy it...

Same pants by the looks of it

If it was actually legit they would have shown it as so. No need whatsoever to include it like they allegedly did. They fcuked up, and are now covering up...It's a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of their fcuk ups!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

All Ciaran need do is put a plaster on his wound and he'll be grand just like pauldy' did after losing a gallon of blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Why didn't Ciaran tell Katy about him parents being dead too, seems really weird he would keep that bit of info secret until some chance meeting with Emmet. Unless hes making that part up too for dramatic effect, it wouldn't surprise me hes so deranged.
    And, again, how did Deegan and his co-worker know that Ciaran had a workshop? How did they get in? How did they find the secret room and then just open it, as it was unlocked?? Then Stripes and Eoghan comes barging in after them- how did they know where to go?

Stupid details like that really lets this plot down. I also think Tessa will return but only on foot of the massive publicity generated by a girl being kidnapped for a whole year suddenly turning up safe and sound (well physically anyway!). If this happened in real life, the media would be all over it for years afterwards with regular updates about the "Girl in the Box", the whole backstory of Ciaran and his sister, how he fooled everyone, big Garda enquiry etc.

However in FC world, Nina will probably give one interview then its all forgotten about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Will the cops find the note that LH scrunched up and threw away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,977 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Why didn't Ciaran tell Katy about him parents being dead too, seems really weird he would keep that bit of info secret until some chance meeting with Emmet. Unless hes making that part up too for dramatic effect, it wouldn't surprise me hes so deranged.
    And, again, how did Deegan and his co-worker know that Ciaran had a workshop? How did they get in? How did they find the secret room and then just open it, as it was unlocked?? Then Stripes and Eoghan comes barging in after them- how did they know where to go?

Stupid details like that really lets this plot down. I also think Tessa will return but only on foot of the massive publicity generated by a girl being kidnapped for a whole year suddenly turning up safe and sound (well physically anyway!). If this happened in real life, the media would be all over it for years afterwards with regular updates about the "Girl in the Box", the whole backstory of Ciaran and his sister, how he fooled everyone, big Garda enquiry etc.

However in FC world, Nina will probably give one interview then its all forgotten about!!

It's very possible that his claim about his parents being dead is pure fantasy. All of his focus has been on Tessa for the last year with not so much as a mention of his dead parents. It's hard to know what to believe comes out of his mouth.

In real life, Katy's story would be a massive one for the media. I've no idea how FC are going to handle this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Not buying that. We're supposed to figure out whose leg it was from a shin?
    If that was really the case they would have shown him going over the wall.

Covering their mistake imo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

vkid wrote: »
    Not buying that. We're supposed to figure out whose leg it was from a shin?
    If that was really the case they would have shown him going over the wall.

Covering their mistake imo

It was very shoddy camera work. They should have either filmed the leg properly so viewers knew wtf it was, or not bothered at all. Producers are watching too much CSI but can't get it right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

It was obviously Ciaran sneaking into Debbie's house as he couldn't go in the front door. Don't know why all the conspiracy theories!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I hope FC remember to play out KTs discovery realistically.
    As in, in real life this situation would attract international media attention.
    Are we going to see Sky News decamp in Carraigstown?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

Doubt it id say one gaurd writing on a notepad at the door will be about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I found it very unrealistic that the only two cops at the garage and then farrahs house were Deegan and Mrs Colombo. Could they not have hired a few more extras to play guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

Cazale wrote: »
    I found it very unrealistic that the only two cops at the garage and then farrahs house were Deegan and Mrs Colombo. Could they not have hired a few more extras to play guards.

Ah sure look it's only a double kidnap sure the local sergeant and a detective would be more than enough for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wasn't Rose crossing the road with the child when we saw the leg? She was walking towards the house where she thought she saw someone.... but she had her back to the leg? Or am I wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Wasn't Rose crossing the road with the child when we saw the leg? She was walking towards the house where she thought she saw someone.... but she had her back to the leg? Or am I wrong

She headed back she mention forgetting the babies dummy when she was walking back she saw a figure in the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

People, people, I think we are really splitting hairs here on the whole leg/shin/wall thing. Look at the picture below and try to gain some perspective!

LaurenHeadshot2-400x475.jpg

5471047557_4dc13f5376.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The least they could do is give Paul Reynolds a bit part to cover it, after all he's in the next studio or there on site somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Cazale wrote: »
    It was obviously Ciaran sneaking into Debbie's house as he couldn't go in the front door. Don't know why all the conspiracy theories!
    He'd want to be a fair man to scale that wall never mind without anyone on the street spotting him, isn't the house further on? Unless the granny was walking around in circles.

The actual conspiracy is folks believing that the leg was part of the story, and supposedly LH climbing a wall. It's just a blooper, nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The actual conspiracy is folks believing that the leg was part of the story, and supposedly LH climbing a wall. It's just a blooper, nothing more.

If it was meant to be him they would have focused on it, literally blink and you'd miss it, I didn't see it until it was posted on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's an article in The Sun (another guilty pleasure) which has an interview with Ciaran where he both references his leg and the fact that the apartment is in the city centre, 20 minutes away from Carraigstown. It previously was his parents.

Presumably he inherited it. So why not put Katy there in the first place? Why not live there?

My head hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's an article in The Sun (another guilty pleasure) which has an interview with Ciaran where he both references his leg and the fact that the apartment is in the city centre, 20 minutes away from Carraigstown. It previously was his parents.

Presumably he inherited it. So why not put Katy there in the first place? Why not live there?

My head hurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Wtf is all this talk about a leg ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

If it was meant to be him they would have focused on it, literally blink and you'd miss it, I didn't see it until it was posted on here.
    Anyone got a still of it??

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement