Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Get me my money
    Get me those account numbers
    I want my money
    Its my money and you better get it for me
    My money
    money
    money
    money
    money

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

More script recycling...
    It's Louise and Mondo all over again. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

sudzs wrote: »
    Get me my money
    Get me those account numbers
    I want my money
    Its my money and you better get it for me
    My money
    money
    money
    money
    money

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

More script recycling...
    It's Louise and Mondo all over again. :rolleyes:

It's about 500 past stories again. You better have it tomorrow or else. Followed by "right, you told me you'd have it today, one last chance" followed by "you think it's a joke, I'll be back tomorrow for it, or else I'm giving you one more fortnight of threats and meaningless ultimatums"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Now Greasy will want his cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

I havent seen FC all Xmas and so watched a few in a row last night....would not recommend binge watching again. So a few observations (sorry if these have already been mentioned)

1. Why was the acting so terrible (more so than usual) on Christmas day? It was so over the top it was embarrassing. Very OTT.
    2. Speaking of over the top WHAT IN THE FOOOOOOOOK was that noise that Niamh made after finding out that Dermish told her he robbed the money? Laugh? Cry? Howl?
    3. No way on the world would a dying man be allowed that amt of visitors. Ridiculous.
    4. Poor auld Bella was thrown the most ridiculous lines. Just ship him off to Barcelona. He's on it purely for the sake of being on it.
    5. Emmet looked fab on Christmas Day then wham bam back with that stooopid brown leather jacket. Pity LH didnt nick that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

The plan was to leave Paul with nothing? Are we to believe he remortgaged all his properties to free up cash for the speakeasy? Even 800k isn't that much money. Paul will still have the garage. And as if some sneaky businessman like Paul wouldn't have some secret stash of his own, especially since he's ripping off his wife with another woman and only a year ago he was seperated! It's as if it's written by 12 year olds! After Hughies and Janes 10%, Niamh and Dermots cut would've been only 320k each. Was one of the houses "Bellas" not Niamhs propert anyway? You could sell a 2 bed in Glasnevin for 350k So so so so pointless. And Paul an aparent millionaire!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

So what improvements would you guys do to FC if you were in charge ? I would drop at least one episode a week and I would stop all the multiple spar, McCoys, Hungry pig scenes in every episode. I would bring in new characters in new locations like maybe a nursing home and a secondary school. Zoe and Ben going to secondary school next year would be a good opportunity to being in a few teacher characters for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

So what improvements would you guys do to FC if you were in charge ? I would drop at least one episode a week and I would stop all the multiple spar, McCoys, Hungry pig scenes in every episode. I would bring in new characters in new locations like maybe a nursing home and a secondary school. Zoe and Ben going to secondary school next year would be a good opportunity to being in a few teacher characters for example.

Sadly, the writers lack the brain cells required to do this.

so 800k is all the money? but Paul owns the gargage & a block of flats has tennants and owns the pods

is that all Paul's business's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So does anyone know how The Plan got to where it is today?
    Derms and Niamh convince Paul to invest in the speakeasy, purely to get Paul to give derms account access? so the whole speakeasy was a farce.... or was it? I'm confused

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does anyone else either mute or fast forward Kerrianne or ray/Nora scenes? I'm just not able for that ****e😩

Absolutely. I do that with any of these pointless filler in stories. They are so bizarrely odd. You just know you're missing nothing, and it's not even worth watching them to update this thread with a diss for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,832 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

so 800k is all the money? but Paul owns the gargage & a block of flats has tennants and owns the pods

is that all Paul's business's

If 800k is all Paul and Niamh have in the bank, then they're not doing very well. Have the scriptwriters forgotten that Dolores had €1m in savings and she was supposedly much more low key as a businesswoman and property owner than Paul?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,209 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Strazdas wrote: »
    Have the scriptwriters forgotten that Dolores had €1m in savings and she was supposedly much more low key as a businesswoman and property owner than Paul?

She had. Until Wayne pressed 'ctrl transfer eddie' on the keyboard! These laptops/devices in FC are fooking wonderful. You know the ones that you just flip open and start bashing away in an instant to do whatever it is you need to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I would definitely drop all those filler inner storylines like the Condors, Laura and the steroids and virtually all the storylines with Orla as the main character. I think a good gangster/drug dealer story would revive things and that the Bishops should be used to their full potential. Charlotte and Decco are great actors and could be used as Siobhan and Darren types (characters from Love/Hate) where their lives are defined by their desires to get away from their past and the habit of their past coming back to haunt them. Robbie is another interesting character when he is used in the right way. He is also a good man but with a dark past.

Perhaps have a drug dealer and a prison story and tie this in with Dermot who gets deeper and deeper into trouble as an underworld financial professional. Have the main drug dealer played by an actor from Love/Hate. Bring Oisin into the mix as well because he is interesting. Maybe have a desperate Paul doing deals with all types of criminals to salvage his lost income and businesses.

Bring back Lucy Mallon and it would be really interesting if she and Heather were fighting over the same man. Both characters have great potential and their madness would complement each other.

Finally I feel Paul has been too dominant as the main rich businessman in the series. Even though he will endure many troubles he will no matter what happens come out on top again. He never really had a rival akin to JR Ewing and Cliff Barnes. Bring in another businessman or woman who becomes an enemy of Paul's and have the two of them scheming against each other. Maybe it could even be Niamh? Niamh has shown us devious, heartless and cold sides I never though was in her in recent episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The one less episode a week is a must. It just doesn't have the characters, plots and writer creativity to have 4 episodes, it just resorts to countless filler repetitive scenes and dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

The one less episode a week is a must. It just doesn't have the characters, plots and writer creativity to have 4 episodes, it just resorts to countless filler repetitive scenes and dialogue.

The fact that it has the same number of episodes as Eastenders is horrifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Kerry Anne says she lives with her husband's sister and cousin. Who is the cousin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

amtc wrote: »
    Kerry Anne says she lives with her husband's sister and cousin. Who is the cousin?

Sash Bishop.

Sash Bishop.

Thanks, was wondering about that last night too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Have a complete change out of the writers and employ people who are experienced and talented with proven experience writing absorbing storylines in plays or successful soap operas, sack Niamh, Paul, Carol, Bella, Orla, Dan, Laura, KerriAnn, replace with a new family who may or may not have a dark secret. Give Oisin more screen time. Some of the characters could be great and FC has proved that about twice a year, it can produce absolutely excellent television but this is buried in the mass of nonsense crap like Pete and Damien bickering/Laura taking some tablets.

Id love an episode where Niamh goes nuts after one too many affairs from Paul and she ends up stabbing him to death, gets arrested and jailed for murder, now THAT would be entertaining rather that this endless cycle of her being angry with him then scheming for months then he says he loves her then back to normal again. BORING.

Criminal! Some of the script writers pocket 3500euros per episode.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-news/fair-city-stars-earn-460-7951869

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

They used to do school scenes quite a bit when Mark Halpin was a teenager. Sarah, the woman that Barry O'Hanlon killed, was a teacher for years. Then she randomly left teaching to become a reporter?!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I was watching Amy Huberman's new show Striking Out earlier this afternoon and I saw Pete and Jackie's other son Neil #2 in it. He has shaved his head. I was wondering where he got to though!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

Sack Ama and Jake would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Fair play to the actress who plays Heather very believable performance and even the odd word slur?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Criminal! Some of the script writers pocket 3500euros per episode.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/film-news/fair-city-stars-earn-460-7951869

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Could we form a writers group, make a presentation to RTE and bag ourselves a handy number.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,832 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Fair play to the actress who plays Heather very believable performance and even the odd word slur?

Meanwhile that idiot Renee hasn't spotted that her daughter is acting all manic as well as erratically (ie. planning to move straight away to some remote outpost in Kerry a couple of days after being released from a psychiatric institution) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Bring back Barry O Hanlon, he must be up for parole now.

Bring back Barry O Hanlon, he must be up for parole now.

He has no home though, isn't that where the O Briens now live?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is paul thick or something? How has he not noticed that all his cash is gone :rolleyes:?

Its grand he has signed up to the cash for ash scheme.

• Advertisement

Its grand he has signed up to the cash for ash scheme.
    Don't be misogynistic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement