Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

I'm lost for words so I'll let this image of Ciaran getting away from the Keystone Carrigstown Cops speak for itself.

buster-keaton-cops-gif.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Who do I talk to about getting my licence fee back? All of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Emmet ever tell Katy than Eoghan tried to kill himself over her missing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,194 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought Katy was going to turn hetro there for a minute.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Niall_76

How did Deegan and the detective even know about the apartment. If it was because of a search on Ciaran's properties then why didn't they find it a few days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

amtc wrote: »
    So Katy spends a year looking immaculate and now looks like she's been through a hedge backwards...yet gets into a short wig no problem.
    How did Emmet get the 20 minutes back?
    How did the three of them get into an apartment block? Was there no code on the front door? Wht was the bed made?
    Has Alannah not rushed back from her holidays?
    Is there no family liaison officer?
    Who's running the spar? And the pub?
    How did Heather get to Santry?

There's way more than that....

Why would Emmet run all the way home instead of flagging down someone with a phone as soon as he got out to ring the Garda Deegan station?

How did Deegan and the detective know where the apartment was when Emmet had given no address to anyone outside?

How did none of the 3 lads who ran to the rescue have a phone on them (yet KT is always carrying a handy wig)?

And how did they lock themselves into the bedroom (Ciaran did order them to lock themselves in didn't he?), yet 2 minutes later the door was locked from the outside and they couldn't get out.

Why would the getaway route involve a drive through the local park?

And how would any self respecting double-kidnapper have no petrol in his getaway car?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

This show makes no fcukin sense. One minute Katie is stabbing Ciaran the next she's running away with him.
    Nice disguise Katie nobody will ever notice you in that god awful wig hobbling around with a clearly incapacitated man with blood poring from his shoulder. Sure you're practically invisible.
    Horse shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Laois_Man wrote: »

How did none of the 3 lads who ran to the rescue have a phone on them (yet KT is always carrying a handy wig)?

And how did they lock themselves into the bedroom (Ciaran did order them to lock themselves in didn't he?),

It was the poorest effort I ever saw. Those 3 clowns were like Laurel & Hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Just due back on the rota, according to her contract!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

And how did they lock themselves into the bedroom (Ciaran did order them to lock themselves in didn't he?),

It was the poorest effort I ever saw. Those 3 clowns were like the three stooges.
    FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are the writers genuinely deliberately insulting the show's viewership? I am actually wondering this now. Could it be possible they are so weary of the p!sstake the kidnapping storyline has taken that they are serving this up now as a response?

A year, a whole year they've had with this crap and they have Katie and Ciaran running about in wigs in the RTE grounds in Donnybrook?? Instead of ending it, they have Tommy holding Eoghan back? No Eoghan, don't. It's three on one here. Let's just lock ourselves in the bedroom instead, sure Deegan will be around in a minute after he's finished his sudoko!!

An utterly bizarre episode in that this was what a whole year of writing was buidling up to!

When Heather said you want a hug I listed so hard ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,624 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has anybody watched the preview for Tomorrow nights episode on the player?
    It's really funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Why would Emmet run all the way home instead of flagging down someone with a phone as soon as he got out to ring the Garda Deegan station?

How did Deegan and the detective know where the apartment was when Emmet had given no address to anyone outside?

And how did they lock themselves into the bedroom (Ciaran did order them to lock themselves in didn't he?), yet 2 minutes later the door was locked from the outside and they couldn't get out.

Why would the getaway route involve a drive through the local park?

And how would any self respecting double-kidnapper have no petrol in his getaway caring.

Thank you. You've saved me a load of typing.

Three people in a room and not one of them has a phone. Cue Tommy on "Live at Three" next week explaining how they all left in a hurry and hadn't time to pick up their phones. I didn't see a heap of them on a table anywhere.

The whole episode was a pile of horsesh1t , totally unbelievable from start to finish.

It took Emmet 20 mins to get home but the cops got to the appartment in the blink of an eye.

And so on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

"Are you one of the Lesbians?....
    Bob loves the Lesbians"

i'm Done with this absolute cluster fcuk of a show !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

"Are you one of the Lesbians?....
    Bob loves the Lesbians"

i'm Done with this absolute cluster fcuk of a show !!!

I just finished watching The Keepers on Netflix and was feeling quite down after it and everything else that's happened lately. And now this preview of FC made me laugh so hard. :D

Anyone else see the clip on player with Deegan and DI McCabe discussing the case in the Pig? Or I should say discussing how the Gardaí missed all the signs that it was LH. It's equally hilarious, especially her few digs at Alannah and The Ram (which makes me think it won't be long before she has a sample ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

LoveHate's twitter account is hilarious!

Just retweets anyone who tells him how good his acting and how good the plot is!
    Ridiculous, Katy's box was less wooden than him in every scene, and as for three guards chasing around a supposedly high profile kidnap victim and the guy who took her while nobody watches on sky news or even really cares in the local community !! RTE had no clue how this would end when it started and clearly have been makin it up as they go

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Episode stealer last night? Blondie..god lover her...

"Now, blondie. Act as ****ty as humanly possible..

Lights, camera...action...

That's a rap!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

"Are you one of the Lesbians?.... Bob loves the Lesbians"

It's just bizarre. Header turning into Chandler from friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

That detective woman is a credit to the Force.
    "Listen, Emmett, I want you to give me the make, model and registration number of Ciaran's vee-hicle, and I want those details now. Now! "

"Yeah, here y'are. Dere all written down on a scrap o' paper in me wallet. I also have de tyre size, de petrol tank capacity, a phone pitcher of de NCT certificate, and the 18-character chassis number.
    I always carry around dem little ould details of all de cars I see goin' by, just in case yizzer ever ask for dem, like.....
    Or maybe it'd be be quicker if yeh just enter it into the Garda Pulse System. I've heard dat works. Sometimes, like. "
    .... ....................

The Cone of Invisibility is a handy yoke, isn't it?
    It enables you to drag hostages, roaring and screaming, from Santry to North - inner-city Dublin in broad daylight.
    Or to scale a 30-foot high wall on the streets of Ireland's capital without some ould fella wondering 'what de fcuk is yer man playin' at, de gob****e ?'
    And it's great if you need to limp, groaning and bleeding, while clinging helplessly to the arm of a girl wearing an Elton John wig, around the grounds of RTE, without so much as a second glance from the one million inhabitants of that great city.
    I can't wait for Nóirín O'Sullivan's next appearance before the Public Accounts Committee.
    I want to hear her explain how, four days into an investigation of a double kidnapping case, the former Garda girlfriend of the 'alleged' abductor is free to enjoy her holidays , without even being asked for a statement.

Willie O'Dea, TD :"Commissioner, during this massive manhunt, did it not occur to you that this Garda officer, having once had a romantic interlude with the suspect, might have some information pertaining to his whereabouts. Might she not have, at the very least, an insight into his state of mind? "

Nóirín :" Well of course it did, Deputy. But the Garda in question was in the first week of her fortnight's holidays, and we didn't want to bother her. She was in a mobile home down in Courtown, and sure you all know how great the weather was that week.
    There's a time and a place for disturbing officers of the law, Deputy, and this wasn't it.
    Now, if there are no further questions, I'm off.
    Byeeee! "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

sligojoek wrote: »
    Thank you. You've saved me a load of typing.

Three people in a room and not one of them has a phone. Cue Tommy on "Live at Three" next week explaining how they all left in a hurry and hadn't time to pick up their phones. I didn't see a heap of them on a table anywhere.

The whole episode was a pile of horsesh1t , totally unbelievable from start to finish.

It took Emmet 20 mins to get home but the cops got to the appartment in the blink of an eye.

And so on.

But they did have phones. Ciaran made them take them out when he had knife at Katie's throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

But they did have phones. Ciaran made them take them out when he had knife at Katie's throat.
    Fair enough. I must have missed that.

The Benny Hill/Scooby Doo show, sorry, Fair City really did miss a trick last night.....

They should have played it simple: "No, no, no, da.....He has a knife"

Then the Ram steps in. "That's not a knife. That's a knife!"

End off siege!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

A major twist in the plot ....
    It turns out that Ciaran bought all his surveillance equipment on DoneDeal from Tommy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

I don't think the writers have a clue about Stockholm syndrome

I don't think the writers have a clue about Stockholm syndrome

Just Stockholm Syndrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

The blunt penknife that would hardly cut a pound of butter yet the 3 stooges bowed to his command.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love this thread, catching up and I am rotfl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The scenes were crying out for Mick Dundee to make an appearance. Well... it couldn't get much more farcical, so they may as well have had someone wander in with a faux Aussie accent...

fao7q.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement