Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sam Kade wrote: »
    But they did have phones. Ciaran made them take them out when he had knife at Katie's throat.

The blunt penknife that would hardly cut a pound of butter yet the 3 stooges bowed to his command.

"I'm going to kill him when I get hi......oh, $hit he has a potato paler. ...into the spare room fellas "

• Registered Users Posts: 18,979 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Main problem I have with the storyline is that they are dragging it out way too long. Emmett found out that Katy had been kidnapped by Ciaran six or seven episodes ago, gets into a fight with him and STILL she hasn't been freed. Talk about milking this thing for all its worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Just watching last night's ep, ffs Deegan strolling in "KT?, KT?" "We're trained in hostage negotiation" seriously??!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Just watching last night's ep, ffs Deegan strolling in "KT?, KT?" "We're trained in hostage negotiation" seriously??!

Yeah it was if he was popping in for a cup of tea with a neighbour.

Katy and Ciaran try to escape in a boat tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Ah here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Cazale wrote: »
    Is there a pond on the RTE campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,624 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Titanic 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,624 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Strazdas wrote: »

In the article it says,
    However, in a further plot twist, tonight's episode confirms that the fictional town of Carrigstown is on Dublin's South Side.

I was always lead to believe that Fair City was on Dublin North Side!

• Advertisement

In the article it says,
    However, in a further plot twist, tonight's episode confirms that the fictional town of Carrigstown is on Dublin's South Side.

That's definitely an error. It has always been understood that Carrigstown is on the northside, probably Dublin 9.....somewhere akin to Drumcondra or Phibsborough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

In the article it says,

Yeah me too, that's kinda disappointing. RTE are not exactly known for representing the working class, despite a huge number of the population being in that bracket.

Lets face it-shows like Room to Improve, Home of the Year and At your Service are solely aimed at snobs who bizzarely dodged the recession and want to shove their wealth (usually handed down by Daddy or Mammy) in your face with their "problems" of adding an extra storey to their weird mansion in the Wicklow wilds..

In the article it says, However, in a further plot twist, tonight's episode confirms that the fictional town of Carrigstown is on Dublin's South Side.

How far away is Ciarans garage/dungeon in Santry then if they are over on the Southside!

The whole thing is gone beyond a joke. 11 million of taxpayers money, never mind our licence fee goes into this show. They haven't the imagination or intelligence to run concurent plots so they squeeze every last ounce from a plot for over a year. I mean this is 4 days a week, that is a good 220 episodes at this stage, at least 80% which have concentrated on this nonsense.
    The actors are either deluded biting back at the criticism (the actor that plays LoveHate, I saw his feed and he more or less has told a few people to fk off if they criticise it!!) and retweeting all the compliments (not that there are many) about the plot. Or else they have an awful taste in storytelling.

It had plenty of ingredients to make it an average to relatively good plot over a few months but they just got greedier and greedier with regard it's longevity and felt they were getting away with a whole year so as that they didn't have to pay other actors for other plots or making the effort to make other plots.

I genuinely could write at least 220 plotholes in this story, one for every episode.
    Yet you won't get any answers and it seems the actors haven't the balls to accept the criticism!

I know that this thread is, for the most part, just a p1sstake thread and bound with a sceptical approach to the show, and I wouldn't watch the show otherwise (sad as that may be! ) but I kind of mean this in a serious way!!

I like the way RTE is using the Petition as some sort of pride of place viewer response to honour the plot. According to them the Petition is a Free Katy Petition when it clearly highlights it is an "end this bullsh1t" type petition!

Bah Humbug.

Back to taking the pi$$

Fair City writers have always maintained that the village is located in and around Drumcondra.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Loblox

Only one thing can save us now.

Seriously though, if the garage is in Santry and they are claiming it is a few hours walk from Carrigsown how can they explain the likes of Emmett, Deegan , Heather, Allanah, Gripey and fking 12 year old Ellie just popping by every other day.

Jesus, christ what nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Ok I watched it back today. Poor me.

Guys did lock themselves in

On front door one shove and it was open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Strazdas wrote: »
    That's definitely an error. It has always been understood that Carrigstown is on the northside, probably Dublin 9.....somewhere akin to Drumcondra or Phibsborough.

Yes you can clearly see the Carrigstown Road sign with Dublin 9 in the opening credits.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

amtc wrote: »
    Ok I watched it back today. Poor me.

Guys did lock themselves in

On front door one shove and it was open?

So fook you for trying to discredit the writers!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think Katie must have the worst case of Stolkholm syndrome ever, she hasn't seen her dad in over a year yet locks him in a room to help her captor escape?? Absolutely nuts? I'm think it's going to be painful watching her over the next few months.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Is the blonde guard a lesbian tho ?

fin12 wrote: »
    I think Katie must have the worst case of Stolkholm syndrome ever, she hasn't seen her dad in over a year yet locks him in a room to help her captor escape?? Absolutely nuts? I'm think it's going to be painful watching her over the next few months.....

Good point. Even if she felt attached to Ciaran, she would hardly humiliate her father like that after not seeing him for over a year.

The most important question of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is she even an actor?

It has kind of pi$$ed me off that this Australian guy has came in and changed the whole premise of the show after 25 years, location wise now, to suit this awful plot.

Carrigstown has always been depicted down the years as a Northside working class area.

No respect for viewers.

And absolute incompetent gobsh1tery considering they said IN CLEAR LANGUAGE that LoveHates box is in Santry, yet all the Carrigstown residents just drop in every day, including a 12 year old kid.

Really making it up as they go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

"Are you one of the Lesbians?....
    Bob loves the Lesbians"

i'm Done with this absolute cluster fcuk of a show !!!

For me that was the best WTF moment in this whole mess :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Aaaaand we're off!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement