Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Flipper, Jaws or Nemo

Who will he kidnap next?
    Fungi the dolphin, he'll decimate Dingle tourism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Katie's wig now has its own Twitter page. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"When will this stop??" cries Debbie. :D:D Yes Debbie, we feel your pain at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FCs lesson to an Garda Siochana.....preserve a crime scene!

Oh, and d title of ****tiest actor ever passes from Stripey to Blondie copper to K T!

• Advertisement

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Fungi the dolphin, he'll decimate Dingle tourism.

Fungi will stroll into McCoys looking all shady. In a few weeks, it'll emerge he's hiding Ciaran and sending death threats to Emmet.

"How could we have not suspected Fungi all along that he was hiding Ciaran?"

"You can't be blaming yourself. Fungi had us all fooled"

On a separate note, anyone else feeling the sizzling chemistry between the Ram and Stripey?

Katie's wig now has its own Twitter page. :D
    As well as the blunt penknife which has been the star of the show lately :)
    Imagine trying to slit your wrist with a blunt penknife.

walshb wrote: »
    On a separate note, anyone else feeling the sizzling chemistry between the Ram and Stripey?
    Imagine going from sizzling bubbly Jane to old sour face :eek: The ram will surely mount anything.

Johnny Ward who plays Ciaran, i think he's a good actor. As is the one who plays Katie as well. They get a bit of stick, but i think they're the doing a good job considering what they're working with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Why do posters think Carrigstown is now on south side? I didn't see any mention of that tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I will miss you guys; I'm outta here. I have had enough!

Some of you should take up geocaching and come join me in my forum!

Bye Budgese! BTW what is geocaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

So Kevin, who wouldn't leave Heather alone the last few weeks, is no where to be seen when the guards are hanging around his family. Must be overrun with guests at the Pod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Why do posters think Carrigstown is now on south side? I didn't see any mention of that tonight?

I am confused. Was there not an article today "confirming" the show is set on the Southside.
    They ended up in Dun Laoghaire anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

I am confused. Was there not an article today "confirming" the show is set on the Southside.
    They ended up in Dun Laoghaire anyway.

Oh right I didn't read the article. Thought it was something in tonight's episode that confirmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

The Gardai don't come out looking good..thats putting it mildly. Imagine in real life if a situation like that really happened. Every garda in the country would have detailed descriptions of the 2 fugitives and would be very suspicious of any couple acting suspiciously , never mind the general public.

But yet, a garda passes Katy and me laddo , her holding him up, and he just accepts they were getting over "the match" and goes on his merry way. I mean FFS , really awful writing :rolleyes:

Whats Heathers sudden obsession with lesbians/lesbianism?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

dixiedan wrote: »
    The Gardai don't come out looking good..thats putting it mildly. Imagine in real life if a situation like that really happened. Every garda in the country would have detailed descriptions of the 2 fugitives and would be very suspicious of any couple acting suspiciously , never mind the general public.

But yet, a garda passes Katy and me laddo , her holding him up, and he just accepts they were getting over "the match" and goes on his merry way. I mean FFS , really awful writing :rolleyes:

Whats Heathers sudden obsession with lesbians/lesbianism?:confused:

I was thinking that too. There seemed to be a taint of anti-Garda sentiment running through this episode. They are made look incompetent and unprofessional, unliked and uncaring too. Then, the woman Garda and her treatment of Farrah was harsh as well. In past storylines, there was always a more caring attitude from Gardai. Even Emmett is spoken of like this: 'get him out and bring her in'.

Bob loves the lesbians and you can't come.

I hope Heather never gets better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

monkey9 wrote:
    Johnny Ward who plays Ciaran, i think he's a good actor. As is the one who plays Katie as well. They get a bit of stick, but i think they're the doing a good job considering what they're working with.

Honestly, while the script is terrible, the plot weak at best. .both their portrayals particularly in the last few weeks are just not credible at all. The nonsense when he was talking to farrah on the phone this evening was completely ridiculous. Completely ott. Similarly KT was just shockingly bad with the knife to her own throat...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

3 hours later, I'm still trying to figure out how/why Farrah got a dose of Stockholm Syndrome too??

• Advertisement

vkid wrote: »
    Honestly, while the script is terrible, the plot weak at best. .both their portrayals particularly in the last few weeks are just not credible at all. The nonsense when he was talking to farrah on the phone this evening was completely ridiculous. Completely ott. Similarly KT was just shockingly bad with the knife to her own throat...

Yeah, but that's the script. They're the things they have to say and do.

It's just my opinion. I think they're very decent actors. I've seen them criticised and i just disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

brooke 2 wrote: »
    :D:D:D

I actually saw that on twitter today before the episode and I thought I missed it yesterday evening!

It was very funny, all the same, but I really haven't a clue how they are going to deal with a brain injury like this in the long term. They have dealt with it very oddly, so far??

I actually saw that on twitter today before the episode and I thought I missed it yesterday evening!

It was very funny, all the same, but I really haven't a clue how they are going to deal with a brain injury like this in the long term. They have dealt with it very oddly, so far??

I think she's been a good character since the brain injury, but yeah this is the way she's going to have to be like from now on. They couldn't honestly have her getting back to the way she was before.

I burst out laughing at the lesbian comments. I try to avoid all spoilers and trailers etc so i'd only seen that scene on the actual episode tonight. "Bob loves the lesbians"!! :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

A bit bizarre, but very funny.

The actress is very good. Can't be easy playing that part.

I mean it is not as if Heather could be allowed just move away either?? Surely her family wouldn't allow that given her state.
    They have backed themselves into a corner with her character now.

I mean it is not as if Heather could be allowed just move away either?? Surely her family wouldn't allow that given her state.

This could be where Kevin comes in. He'll probably know experts in America who can help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I was watching the United game earlier so have only caught up now.

Watched it and followed the comments here.

I laughed and laughed.
    Keystone cops, Heather, Ciaran and KT...that ending was particularly funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

Nah, they simply need a Downton Abbey-esque miracle like the fella crippled after the war jumping out of the chair to save someone.

They could have Heather jump up and suddenly propose a solution to the Hodge Conjecture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

There's something that really bothers me about the Gardaí on FC. Why the hell do they ALL have to wear the hi-vis yellow jacket ALL the time? Would we not know that they were the police by their normal uniform which still states they are Gardaí?

Taken from the garda website: The high visibility jacket is a very important part of protective equipment. The jacket is designed to provide a high level of visibility when a Garda is on outdoor duty especially at night time and when on traffic-related duties.

That doesn't explain why they were wearing them indoors in the middle of May.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement