Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Big hints knocking around online that the Derminator may be returning soon.............

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Also, what the hell did lesbians and Bob's fascination with them have to do with anything in tonight's episode?! I've never laughed so much. Heather is just so funny. I'm still laughing at when she laughed at Natalie's ashes.

Big hints knocking around online that the Derminator may be returning soon.............

Source? Not that I thought he was actually gone for good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Of course he is and himself and the other pair of gobshiţes Paul & Nimah will be down in McCoys drinking together well before Halloween.

I am trying to remember where the Bob/Heather lesbian thing originated from again! It was a couple of months back?!

• Advertisement

The apartment is a crime scene so why were they holding Emmett there and actually allowing Farrah to walk around and trash it like she owned the place?! That detective is actually awful. She more-or-less goaded Farrah into slapping her and is blaming her for something the Guards have to answer for. Some cheek!

Of course he is and himself and the other pair of gobshiţes Paul & Nimah will be down in McCoys drinking together well before Halloween.

Halloween?! I give it the August Bank Holiday.

I wonder is Spider-man friends with Goo Eyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"Jaysis Carol, i just remembered, Zoe is still in the Galapogos Islands. I had to come back when i remembered that. I'll meet you in the Hungry Pig at 8am tomorrow over a coffee when we discuss this further. Also, me monneeeeee. I forgot me monneeeeeee!!!"

youwould wrote: »
    Also, what the hell did lesbians and Bob's fascination with them have to do with anything in tonight's episode?! I've never laughed so much. Heather is just so funny. I'm still laughing at when she laughed at Natalie's ashes.

:pac::pac: That was brilliant.

Is Bob and the lesbians a random brain injured Heather comment or is it referring to something previously?? Either way, it was gas.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    :pac::pac: That was brilliant.

Is Bob and the lesbians a random brain injured Heather comment or is it referring to something previously?? Either way, it was gas.

she made the comment a while back? I can't recall when. Or maybe I am thinking of when she was coming on to him!

Poor Bob, all he wants is a quiet life following Renee around and sweeping the street outside the Hungry Pig. God forbid they would ever give the best actor on the show his own plot!

she made the comment a while back? I can't recall when. Or maybe I am thinking of when she was coming on to him!

Poor Bob, all he wants is a quiet life following Renee around and sweeping the street outside the Hungry Pig. God forbid they would ever give the best actor on the show his own plot!

She came on to him a couple of times which was equally hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

At the end of the day in any real life situation, the first thing Emmet would have done was flag down the first person he met. "Can I borrow your phone? My mother thinks I'm missing and my sister is in danger. Here's my jacket as security. " Job done.

It's Dan who loves the lesbians anyway. But that was about three weeks back. I'm sure we'll get back to Sasha's all of a sudden maternal instinct and her girlfriend Laura's lack of one in no time.

It'll be when the kidnapping stuff is resolved and in some future Sunday episode, it will start with Decco, Kerri-Ann, Sasha, Laura, Carol and Robbie meeting each other outside Vino's and Spar with empty coffee cups and talking about stuff that we can't remember because it was so long ago and Dan will be sitting beside the post box saying "Decco, Kerri-Ann, Laura, Carol and Robbie, can you give us a minute?" and they'll all head off so that Dan can talk to Sash about her maternal needs and how she needs to be honest with Laura and "wait, Sash. How about you use my sperm???!!!!"

Meanwhile, Nora and Cathal will walk by with Nora saying "I'm just reminding you i'm still on to you Cathal"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Just watched that episode on player.

We need a little humour in this show, bar Heather's comments this dreary mess is awful.

I know it's only a pen knife but i'm sick of looking at it being held to someones neck. Tonight it was held for a few minutes by Katy to her wrist. Come on enough is enough.

Sam Atwell, series consultant since 2014, please leave the show.

The scene at the end where Katy, who has been holding onto Ciaran for 2 episodes now, walks away while he, in his very weakened condition, stands at the pier was an insult to our intelligence.

I presume infection has set in to the open wound and he has a high temperature and was becoming delirious at the end. That's logical enough.

But enough is enough. I don't relish the prospect of 3-6 months of KT's readjustment. By the time that's complete we'll have been dealing with this story for a year and a half.

Next on the agenda for Fair City, aswell as KT readjusting is Rose's dementia. Shortly after that we'll have the return of the ongoing Niamh/Paul saga. There seems to be nothing of any real interest on the horizon.

Pardon the pun but the KT storyline feels like death by a thousand cuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Farrah's character has really changed. She was a straight talking no nonsense Dublin girl. Likeable, savy and honest.

Now she's a gullible person who allowed herself to be treated very poorly by Ciaran. He was never honest with her and was often angry with her and passive aggressive at other times for no reason. And tonight she conceals a phone call that could have been linked by the guards to Ciarán's location.

As posters like Fin pointed out while Katy's Stockholm Syndrome is over exaggerated Farrah's reactions are inexplicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,980 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

That was a very poor episode. No sense of drama or tension at all. Are we supposed to have been on tenterhooks as to whether Ciaran lives or dies? He's the kidnapper! Nobody cares about him.

They've well and truly botched the Katy being freed angle. It should have ended dramatically when Emmett discovered Ciaran was holding her. Instead we've had a couple of weeks of farce and now a bizarre anti-climatic ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

youwould wrote: »
    There's something that really bothers me about the Gardaí on FC. Why the hell do they ALL have to wear the hi-vis yellow jacket ALL the time? Would we not know that they were the police by their normal uniform which still states they are Gardaí?

Taken from the garda website: The high visibility jacket is a very important part of protective equipment. The jacket is designed to provide a high level of visibility when a Garda is on outdoor duty especially at night time and when on traffic-related duties.

That doesn't explain why they were wearing them indoors in the middle of May.

Interviewer ..."and what exactly is your position in the Gardai?"

Cop ..."I'm the head of the plainclothes division"

Interviewer ..."so why are you wearing a uniform then?"

Cop ..."it's my day off!" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

'Bob Charles and the Lesbians' would be a great name for a band.

I know it doesn't have the same ring to it as 'Bob Marley and the Wailers', but still.....

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Episode stealer......? Mute copper walking by LH and K T afraid to open his mouth.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Laois_Man wrote: »
    3 hours later, I'm still trying to figure out how/why Farrah got a dose of Stockholm Syndrome too??
    It's fair city where people can change their character from one episode to the next and their memories are short.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I mean it is not as if Heather could be allowed just move away either?? Surely her family wouldn't allow that given her state.
    They have backed themselves into a corner with her character now.
    It's fair city FFS they can leave characters out for months then bring them back out of the blue as if they were never gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

coolhull wrote:
    'Bob Charles and the Lesbians' would be a great name for a band.

Would Bob be allowed front his own band? I'd imagine it would be more like Renee on main vocals with Bob in the background playing the cymbals at the chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Sure who doesn't love lesbians ?

A few people on this thread have mentioned the way the workshop keeps changing location, well strange things like that have been happening in the area for years, in 1990 Raglan place vanished into thin air overnight without mention and more recently a tiny little corner shop more than tripled in size without needing an extension:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

I cried laughing at the lesbians line. Where did that even come from 😂

It's probably time for Katy et al's 3 month break so I think this will all be wrapped up/forgotten about shortly. Thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 56,498 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The lesbian line was very funny, more so when she says "Bob loves the lesbians." The way she kind of realized that it was inappropriate and near the end of the sentence she fades away. Very funny...

Other than that she's still an annoying c%n*.....

I didn't find the lesbian line remotely funny

bazermc wrote: »
    Sure who doesn't love lesbians ?

The gays lol

• Advertisement

I didn't find the lesbian line remotely funny

Of course you wouldn't priests aren't fond of lesbians ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement