Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭peking97

The whole plot has gone totally ridiculous at this stage and the funniest bit was as the credits rolled and the voiceover announced *If you have been affected by any of etc..."...as if anybody could possibly take it seriously! A group of transition year students could write a better storyline!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Next thing to happen now is KT and Ciaran get washed up on a deserted beach in the Galapagos. Then KT kills some fish with the blunt penknife while Ciaran lies panting at the waters edge. The blood from Ciarans wound attracts some sharks but KT doesn't notice and Ciaran is too weak to call out and alert her. Looks like the end for poor KT who is struggling to shore with the fish she's caught. Then suddenly a girl appears from the trees and runs to KT and stabs the shark and saves KT. Ciaran recognises the girl as his long lost sister Tessa who tell him she moved to this island and is living with a friendly group of lesbians to escape a ginger leather jacket wearer who was harping on about bringing her home to meet his family.
    KT builds a fire and they all have a lovely meal of fried fish and Tessa provides a few cans of lilt to wash it down. They all live happily ever after.

I think I may have watched too much Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I didn't find the lesbian line remotely funny

The "joke" was the context in with what was going on. All this travesty and drama and fretting and then suddenly out of nowhere Heather delivers this random musing to a stranger!

It's not a joke in itself but the delivery and randomness made for its humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

The "joke" was the context in with what was going on. All this travesty and drama and fretting and then suddenly out of nowhere Heather delivers this random musing to a stranger!

Problem is the whole episode was a farce from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 82,885 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not showing the repeat on RTE1 now, is it because it was too violent last night? Joke really seeing as the show goes out pre watershed when first shown, more PC rubbish from a basket case organisation.

• Advertisement

Not showing the repeat on RTE1 now, is it because it was too violent last night? Joke really seeing as the show goes out pre watershed when first shown, more PC rubbish from a basket case organisation.

Seriously, Tom and Jerry is more violent than last night's episode

Problem is the whole episode was a farce from start to finish

Noone disputes that, least of all me!

Now that this glorious weather is upon us, I bet the residents will abandon the beer garden for the sanctity of indoors!

Did FC do gritty crime drama better in the Billy Meehan days, or are people looking at that era with rose tinted glasses ? Every crime story/ villain they have done recently quickly turns into a Scooby doo show caricature, Flynn, Cathal, and now Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Now that this glorious weather is upon us, I bet the residents will abandon the beer garden for the sanctity of indoors!

Absolutely. Some of them spent most of the winter loitering outside Vinos, they even had that marketing event out in the cold!

• Advertisement

Funny how KT has had no problem whatsoever reajusting to daylight :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,879 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Funny how KT has had no problem whatsoever reajusting to daylight :rolleyes:

I thought the same after a year locked away no bother looking out windows in the flat and then out walking with her kidnapper :rolleyes:

How did head injury forgetful Heather know where Ciaran's garage shed was?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Are they for real?? People were crying?? I was laughing!

How easy is it these days to be a 'journalist'. Quick search on Twitter and there is your article. Awful!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

They totally lost me at Ciaran's plan to go to Dunlaoghaire, kidnap a doctor and throw his phone off a boat.

WTAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

xzanti wrote: »
    They totally lost me at Ciaran's plan to go to Dunlaoghaire, kidnap a doctor and throw his phone off a boat.

WTAF.

Be great if he had pulled it off, just to see the reaction in here :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Kauto0709 wrote: »

People just need to watch this program along with Boards and it becomes even more incredibly funny.

Cry laughing more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think Ciaran just wanted to bleed to death in peace. He's her bloody hostage at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

if he had pulled it off, j:-)

Ah here I no it's after the watershed and all but goddam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Opening scene tonight: Katie and love/hate step out of the sea onto a beach in Wales, him still moaning bleeding and limping, her wig perfectly intact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How did Amilia Stewart agree to that scene. "STOP BLEEDING TO DEATH OR I'LL CUT MY WRIST". Thats not how you stop someone bleeding out. Shouting at them threatening suicide. Katie is far more unhinged than Ciaran ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

nagdefy wrote: »

Sam Atwell, series consultant since 2014, please leave the show.

Pardon the pun but the KT storyline feels like death by a thousand cuts.

Well said, couldn't agree more. What started out as a good idea at a script writers meeting descended into farce. The idea was good, the suspense of KT's disappearance and wondering who the captor was - All good.
    Dragging it out for months, surviving on constant repetition, incredulous behaviour and acting with more ham than Denny's factory - NOT good.
    The last few episodes were laughable, no tension, drama or suspense. We were laughing our heads off last night. Ah yet, those involved will be celebrated by all at RTE, Fresh Popcorn's petition will be worn as a badge of honour. :mad::mad:
    Apparently that gobsh1te Ray D'Arcy will have LH and KT on this weekend. Puke bags at the ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,625 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope the writers get forgetful after about a week and Katy just goes back to being a Lesbian working in Spar!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiero111

I think the policewoman needs to put Farrah across her knee

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

You have got to be kidding me..

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Big C

I bet Ciaran has a plan

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I'm guessing this episode will end with Ciaran coming out of the water

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Eh . . Should she not be taken to a hospital to be checked out, or is the bed taken

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Ciaran is swimming to Thailand to find Tessa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

come running home again katy, running home again...

didnt she go missing because of debbie and tommy affair, before anyone else knew? and debbie is still trying to cover it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement