Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Robsweezie wrote: »
    i think they were just piggybacking off of what eastenders and corrie were doing back then. richard hillman, trevor beating little mo...they wanted to emulate that.

They actually equalled the likes of the Richard Hillman story with Billy Meehan and Terence. Pity the likes of Billy Meehan were killed off. Talented baddie that could be used 5 to 10 yrs down the line in a new story.

Instead we get baddies like Trigger Foley, Don Baker (past his best i feel) and Eric Lalor. Lalor probably has talent but he was reduced to a grimacing idiot most of the time.

oh dear we really are seeing the ugly side of Farrah!

In everyway, big mad blotchy red face on her. She's a good looking girl when done up anyway decently.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,499 ✭✭✭✭walshb

K T....d most annoying sound in the observable universe..

Just had to say that again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

nagdefy wrote: »
    They actually equalled the likes of the Richard Hillman story with Billy Meehan and Terence. Pity the likes of Billy Meehan were killed off. Talented baddie that could be used 5 to 10 yrs down the line in a new story.

Instead we get baddies like Trigger Foley, Don Baker (past his best i feel) and Eric Lalor. Lalor probably has talent but he was reduced to a grimacing idiot most of the time.

True. The likes of Billy and Terence were equal to the likes of Richard Hillman. It is a pity they were killed off.

Sadly, the 3 you mentioned in your second paragraph were under-used. Trigger Foley appeared all too briefly and could have been played as a perverted old violent criminal but he was got rid of weeks before we got to know him. Flynn was in and out of it for years but was too little in it at any given time to make a real impact. He was involved in good stories but they were ended too quickly. Cathal is kept alive and should be used more. He should get a good long stint in it and introduce a lot of other shady characters. Sadly, they toned down both Robbie and Decco too and softened them. Both in their original incarnation were interesting. They should have turned Decco more into a Darren Treacy (Love/Hate) type, caught between his past and a desire to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiero111

renee needs to pull down farrahs pants and give her the wooden spoon hard across the bare buttocks for 30 mins in tomorrow nights episode

• Advertisement

kiero111 wrote: »
    renee needs to pull down farrahs pants and give her the wooden spoon hard across the bare buttocks for 30 mins in tomorrow nights episode

I'll be watching that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Can someone explain what the condors is about everyone is referencing. I only started watching just before KT disappeared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

How did the KT sage end after a year? She just walked hime. FFS! This is horriffic!

I referral for a therapist! Jesus!

KT has snapped out of her trance fairly quickly, giving attutude already! Have the writers changed shifts?

If a body was in Dun Laoighre harbour, it wouldn't take much to find it within 12 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Lads a year in the box and KT is full of chat. I wonder would a trip to the Doctor be a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

RobertKK wrote: »
    Emmett waiting for the news when the weather is being given.
    When her da went to her room rte was on the television downstairs, I was waiting for him to say do you want to watch fair city to see what sh1te they come up with tonight :D

• Advertisement

amtc wrote: »
    So with no food nor money she treks from Santry to Dun Laoghaire and back to Carraigstown...not a chance to pass a phone, dial 999.

Now is there going to be a campaign to take down all the Katy posters?
    In between she spent 3 hours in the water looking for your man :rolleyes: Wonder woman isn't a patch on her, amazing she didn't break out of the box with those amazing feats she displayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

That was pretty bad episode. Surely Katy should have been taken to hospital and assessed physically for a start , and some sort of psychiatric evaluation ?? Instead, we have Nuss sticking her beak in.

Actually, Katy and Farrah were pretty head wrecking tonight, listening to the two of them.

Once or twice there, Hughie looked like he was thinking deeply about something and about to say something .... but then nothing!! Lol

She'll end up with more than a red face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

maurv1 wrote: »
    Surely Katy should have been taken to hospital and assessed physically for a start , and some sort of psychiatric evaluation ??

Maybe they could send the FC writers with her and get them checked out at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Fair city's not on Fridays!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiero111

she should spank her anyway over the knee

walshb wrote: »
    K T....d most annoying sound in the observable universe..

Just had to say that again.

She'd put Jim Carrey to shame :) You want to hear the most annoying sound in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It's pretty clear Fair City "writers " (loose word) stole the reference "the box" from this thread also!

It is bizarre that every party involves, from Emmett to KT to Eoghan to the gardai are all using the exact same quite silly name!

Just shows you how amateuris they are that they constantly use our material here for their writing! (Not that it is any way embarrassing to plagiarise from such a wonderful bunch of writers like there is here!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

They have been plagiarising from this thread for ages.

Noveight wrote: »
    Honest question: has there ever before been a FC story line which has lasted as long with such little progression between episodes?

Mag's funeral. Still in the morgue after 8 years.
    No burial impending.

Rumours it was a 10 year wake so 2 more years.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    They have been plagiarising from this thread for ages.

Oh, I know!
    The Plan was another one!
    Its a pity they don't plagiarise the whole thread!

Actually, no!

We wouldn't have fun here then!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

nagdefy wrote: »
    In everyway, big mad blotchy red face on her. She's a good looking girl when done up anyway decently.

In fairness she is after getting a severe shock and now the man she thought she was going to marry is dead, mind you she should have seen he was a dodgy character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I never remember Ciaran saying to Katie that Emmett raped his sister, think she made that up herself and why is she letting her parents think she was raped when Eoghan said that should go to the rape crisis centre, poor Eoghan thinks she could have had a child in captivity.

Of course she made it up! I think that's the point of the "new twist" to add further longevity to the story!

Basically the whole thing is insinuating that KT had grown so attached to LoceHate that she blames Emmett for his downfall. So this is her way to gain an upper hand against him.

But we all know LoveHate isn't dead yet so we will be treated to a further siege in the near future

In fairness she is after getting a severe shock and now the man she thought she was going to marry is dead, mind you she should have seen he was a dodgy character.
    Of course. I knew that when posting. Meant light heartedly.

Her behaviour over the last few episodes would turn you off her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Of course she made it up! I think that's the point of the "new twist" to add further longevity to the story!

Basically the whole thing is insinuating that KT had grown so attached to LoceHate that she blames Emmett for his downfall. So this is her way to gain an upper hand against him.

But we all know LoveHate isn't dead yet so we will be treated to a further siege in the near future

With the way the justice system operates in the carrigstown universe, Emmet will probably be arrested, charged and convicted for rape :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

How are they getting through all this without coffee? Finally kettles have been found and tea made.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So what's the bets they all assume Ciaran is washed out to sea, then the sister turns up. "I heard my brother lives around here, I've been trying to contact him".. Que everyone expressing what a tragedy it all was, all for nothing, Tessa was alive all along.. Emmett starts to fancy her again, "oh ya, Tessa! I remember ya now. Yiz aren't half bad". They start to date.
    At Christmas time it'll be revealed Tessa is Ciaran in a wig. (He loves wigs) He will hold Emmett captive, and the whole thing will start all over again.
    Okay I may have gotten carried away.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

anna080 wrote: »
    So what's the bets they all assume Ciaran is washed out to sea, then the sister turns up. "I heard my brother lives around here, I've been trying to contact him".. Que everyone expressing what a tragedy it all was, all for nothing, Tessa was alive all along.. Emmett starts to fancy her again, "oh ya, Tessa! I remember ya now. Yiz aren't half bad".
    At Christmas time it'll be revealed Tessa is Ciaran in a wig. He will hold Emmett captive, and the whole thing will start all over again.
    Okay I may have gotten carried away.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Ciaran is so not dead he will come back from revenge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement