Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I can honestly endure Ama and Jake and Christy Ah Now nonsense more than I could The Plan and The Box. And I mean that genuinely. At least we know that the writers and actors aren't thinking of themselves as some geniousess for coming up with the plots and know they are filler sh1te.

Give me that over enduring the likes of The Don, Marcus and Niamh and a year of the absurdly ridiculous plot holed story that was the Box any day.

All the plots are a joke over the last half decade or more, clearly due to the current producer I think so at this stage ill just take any new material to take the p1ss out of.

There hasn't been a plot that, looking back, can be described as "proper" for years, just self glorified jumbled mess up. The KT revenge kidnap could have developed into a proper plot but they made a mess out of it and it just became one of the most laughed at plots in the history of Irish TV!

While the Katy/Ciaran story was flawed, at least it got people talking. The plan was the same. While both were not the best storylines ever, they were different anyway and there were some good stuff at times.

I for one would not like to endure 3 months or so of not much going on like happened between the Cathal/Debbie and Ciaran/Katy/The Plan eras. Ama and Nina have to be the 2 most annoying characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Niall_76

sligojoek wrote: »
    Ha, We all knew that wasn't the last we'd see of that note.
    Wait till they find Heather's fingerprints all over it.

Half of Carrigstown handled the note but they'll probably only find Farrah's prints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

They need KT's expert nose to know the pipe smelled of exhaust ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,500 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Has Sourpuss not been on to welcome K T home?

Charlit doesn't seem too bovered either...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I see your point, its prime time tv.I personally cant stand At Your Service as I think its well, well past its prime (how long more can Francis Brennan pull off the camp and eccentric hotelier look?) but almost all RTE shows between 7-9pm are well watched so people will really watch any old crap. The script writers still have a lot to answer for as other soaps airing at prime time are better.

I love Francois Brennan, I'd never get tired of watching Francois, he makes that show, no one would watch it only for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

walshb wrote: »

Is sourpuss her mother? She's got a face on her like a hens arse 100% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,882 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

walshb wrote: »

Rachel is in Spain, Charlotte is missing again

No sign of Laura either to welcome Katy home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why doesn't Detective McCabe ask Katy about the note that was found in Farrah's house? Then McCabe would know that Katy wrote the note and put it in Ciarán's lunchbox merely in the hope that Farrah would see it.

What made Ciarán change his mind about gassing Katy to death with the exhaust fumes?

What made Ciar?n change his mind about gassing Katy to death with the exhaust fumes?
    All he was doing was making idle threats that he never carried out.

• Advertisement

Farrah becomes reckless on tonight?s episode when she reveals to a journalist that Katy had plenty of chances to escape but chose not to

• Registered Users Posts: 18,983 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

What made Ciarán change his mind about gassing Katy to death with the exhaust fumes?

He lost his nerve at the last moment (which was true to form for him - he's passive aggressive and very indecisive).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Strazdas wrote: »
    He lost his nerve at the last moment (which was true to form for him - he's passive aggressive and very indecisive).

And now he's not so sure!

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Half of Carrigstown handled the note but they'll probably only find Farrah's prints

Farrah never saw the note. Therefore, she couldn't have touched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I think she took it out of the lunchbox and put it in the bin before Heather found it.

Katy actress on TV3 6 o' clock show now, she talking about how she looked well groomed for a kidnap victim, I would say they in FC read here :p

They nearly had every cast member wiping their arses with it at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Sam Kade wrote: »
    They nearly had every cast member wiping their arses with it at one stage.

Yeah they did :D...

It was even part of the bunting for Heather's homecoming party.

Yeah they did :D...

It was even part of the bunting for Heather's homecoming party.

I hope we get to see it out of the evidence bag, it will probably be smooth and crisp, not a crease on it.

I hope we get to see it out of the evidence bag, it will probably be smooth and crisp, not a crease on it.

They should put it up on eBay when they are done with it along with KT's wig :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    also Cathal has a big storyline coming up according to portrayer Eric

More on his illegal meat scam is it? LOL

He's bringing illegal rashers into carrigtown :pac: The Sap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Never imagined I'd like Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

I know that cutbacks are in full flow in Rte...but can somebody please get that detective a new jacket.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So they ask farrah over and then they throw her out :rolleyes:

LOL ama is always angry at Jake .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

LOL ama is always angry at Jake.

The poor fooker can't seem to do anything right by her. She's a contrary auld mayor.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Delboy2015 wrote: »
    I know that cutbacks are in full flow in Rte...but can somebody please get that detective a new jacket.
    It would be better if they would get that jacket a new detective. Woeful character. :(

Ama, Jake and the other one are so irritating!

Why was there 'Garda' tape randomly plastered over the inside of the LH workshop, :confused:

I can't wait for the next big storyline, 'Derms Return'.. ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Ama is gorgeous but also bat sh1t crazy, suppose ''tis often the way

ugh!!!! why doesn't the RTE player take so long to add a new episode of Fair City after it airs i swear it should be up straight away its been nearly 30 minutes now seriously annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

How can the visitors to the O'Brien house struggle to get in the house when the "press" are outside the gate

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement