Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

Ama OUTRAGED that Jake had the absolute nerve to go to mass with her if he doesn't believe in God....
    How dare he try to spend time with her!?!
    She is a complete loon.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 softkitty

laylag wrote: »
    Ama OUTRAGED that Jake had the absolute nerve to go to mass with her if he doesn't believe in God....
    She is a complete loon.

She was so annyoing he was going to mass cause likes spending time with Ama no harm
    Her comment got a bit annoyed what because you don't believe way she does you have no right to go to mass and get communion oh shut Ama it's a free world
    She is like an old fashioned woman she would get in better with Rose

• Registered Users Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

No different with K Ts family interaction pre kidnap and post kidnap..a horrible whiney little c€nt!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Thanks be to jaysus for Ama, Jake and Cristiano...holding this sham of a show together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Ama is gorgeous but also bat sh1t crazy, suppose ''tis often the way
    And a prude to boot, your man must be a gluten for punishment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm devastated Ciaran is dead!

I think it's a side-effect of my Stockholm Syndrome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I hate...no, I detest saint Ama. I wish we could get herself and squeaky Katie and dump them both in the box....forever. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

How sh!t is the Guard outside that Nina got into the house with his excuse being "you told me they were expecting you" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭political analyst

ugh!!!! why doesn't the RTE player take so long to add a new episode of Fair City after it airs i swear it should be up straight away its been nearly 30 minutes now seriously annoying

Maybe it can't be put on the Player until it is finished being aired on +1.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

Ama is such a humourless, holier-than-thou (no pun intended!) dryballs. I can't stand her!

God help us all (again, no pun intended!) if the writers are about to add religion into the mix..... just when we all thought Fair City couldn't possibly get any worse.

It's beyond me how the actors could read through their lines and not protest against the humiliatingly poor quality of the crappy scripts that they are asked to breathe life into. Honestly. Truly disgraceful stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

It would be better if they would get that jacket a new detective. Woeful character. :(

This detective is quite nasty I have noticed. A departure from the norm where the Gardai are shown to be good and part and parcel of the community. Is a kind of a rogue or vindictive cop story on the way? Is the story going to go down a road of where this detective does all in her power to set Farrah up because she personally does not like her?

kweeveen86 wrote: »
    Ama is such a humourless, holier-than-thou (no pun intended!) dryballs. I can't stand her!

God help us all (again, no pun intended!) if the writers are about to add religion into the mix..... just when we all thought Fair City couldn't possibly get any worse.

It's beyond me how the actors could read through their lines and not protest against the humiliatingly poor quality of the crappy scripts that they are asked to breathe life into. Honestly. Truly disgraceful stuff.

Ama is an annoying character. Sadly, she is realistic as I've seen many real life versions of her around. Not as holy as she lets on either I may add. She went through 4 men and treated 3 of them (Jake, Doug and Damian) very poorly and went to bed with a doctor (the 4th) who treated her poorly. If I were Jake, I'd be looking elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Is the story going to go down a road of where this detective does all in her power to set Farrah up because she personally does not like her?

That's what i think aswell

She is a complete loon.

I think a really insane and dangerous religious fanatic would be an interesting story in FC. I mean a Ciaran or a Lucy Mallon type but religious. This would not be Ama of course for 2 reasons: first off, only native Irish characters would get to be the truly bad guy or girl. And Ama is annoying, snobbish, a hypocrite of the highest order but she also is 100% harmless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

How can the visitors to the O'Brien house struggle to get in the house when the "press" are outside the gate

The canned shouting every time the door is opened is cringe worthy.

I hate...no, I detest saint Ama. I wish we could get herself and squeaky Katie and dump them both in the box....forever. :mad:

Yes ... But Nina in there instead of Katy!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

She is a complete loon.

I'm not a violent person but jesus I really think I'd enjoy seeing Ama die a slow death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

I suppose if Ama gets so mad and upset when Jake receives holy communion and attends mass when he doesn't believe, it surely means she is not sleeping with him. Or is she? Bit hypocrital of her really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

softkitty wrote: »
    She was so annyoing he was going to mass cause likes spending time with Ama no harm
    Her comment got a bit annoyed what because you don't believe way she does you have no right to go to mass and get communion oh shut Ama it's a free world
    She is like an old fashioned woman she would get in better with Rose

Ama herself is a hypocrite. She professes to be Catholic but broke one of the major rules with Dr. Shane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Dynomutt

I think a really insane and dangerous religious fanatic would be an interesting story in FC. I mean a Ciaran or a Lucy Mallon type but religious. This would not be Ama of course for 2 reasons: first off, only native Irish characters would get to be the truly bad guy or girl. And Ama is annoying, snobbish, a hypocrite of the highest order but she also is 100% harmless.

I was just thinking the same thing. It could work with Ama luring various vulnerable characters to her side while growing increasingly deranged like Simon in Brookside 25 odd years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

happyday wrote: »
    The canned shouting every time the door is opened is cringe worthy.

It really is! :D.. You'd think the world's press were outside from the unseen carry-on, and from the outside scenes it's just about 3 people with 1985 cameras. You'd think RTE would put one of their vans with the satellite on the roof in the scene, just to make it look a bit more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kiero111

i think emmet should bring farrah back to the cell and pump it hard into her- shes a fine thing

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

threetrees wrote: »
    I suppose if Ama gets so mad and upset when Jake receives holy communion and attends mass when he doesn't believe, it surely means she is not sleeping with him. Or is she? Bit hypocrital of her really.

She's being a bit nutty. It's a nice thing that Jake would go to Mass with her because he wants to be with her. I'm not sure where she has gotten the idea you have to be a devout believer in order to attend Mass or receive communion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

From Jane on Twitter.

Feeling very lucky to be working with a great team of actors on a brand new storyline for #faircity.
    Starts next month..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Cazale wrote: »
    From Jane on Twitter.

Feeling very lucky to be working with a great team of actors on a brand new storyline for #faircity.
    Starts next month..

I feel a sense of fear and very nauseous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

From Jane on Twitter.

Starts next month..

I feel a sense of fear and very nauseous

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I feel like starting a petition now to get Katie put back in her box, she's getting very irritating since she was left out :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

From Jane on Twitter.

Starts next month..

If it involves the green tshirt then you won't have any complaints from me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

From Jane on Twitter.

Starts next month..

I think I'm going be sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭LushiousLips

Anyone else see the snot up KT's nose when she was crying at the end. She promptly wiped her nose then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement