Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

There is about 15 to 20 years between them in age. The actress playing the detective looks great for her age. Obviously sticking her in Dermot's trenchcoat isn't an appealing look (Much like when Alannah was smothered in that garda jacket last year) but she is a good looking woman.

Anyway, dangerous territory on Boards discussing actresses looks! (although I have always found it funny that a blind eye is thrown when actors looks are discussed!)

I think they're overplaying the detective's crankiness. She seems to be in bad form all of the time and even quite rude to people (you would imagine given the sensitivity of the case, they would have someone much warmer and friendlier investigating).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Strazdas wrote: »
    I think they're overplaying the detective's crankiness. She seems to be in bad form all of the time and even quite rude to people (you would imagine given the sensitivity of the case, they would have someone much warmer and friendlier investigating).

I haven't seen it for the last episodes and am planning on giving it a miss until KT is back to normal bag packing in The Spar and the whole cold, emotionless and calculated cliche female detective act is one of the reasons why. Cringeworthy stuff!

Saying that, there is something about that look and her being in control that is pretty hot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

I haven't seen it for the last episodes and am planning on giving it a miss until KT is back to normal bag packing in The Spar and the whole cold, emotionless and calculated cliche female detective act is one of the reasons why. Cringeworthy stuff!

Saying that, there is something about that look and her being in control that is pretty hot!

Please watch last night's episode. The chat show featuring KT is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

That interview Katie did was comedy gold last night, nearly as funny as Mrs Colombo has been the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I could see a Fatal Attraction type scenario coming up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

laylag wrote: »
    Please watch last night's episode. The chat show featuring KT is unreal!

Ha! Brilliant! I guess I can't stay away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Farrah's Life..

Have the bad luck of ending up with Renee for a mother.

Men:

Went out with a fella who turned into a dangerous stalker in the late 1990s early 2000s.

Married Max Clayton, one of the coldest fish in the ocean who left her father Christy to die.

Next serious relationship, Ciaran the mentally unhinged kidnapper.

And for a fairly clued in 'normal' girl with no real previous issues, abuse etc that we know of this is bizarre.

Although maybe on closer look some issues occurred later in her life. Her brother Floyd dies young with cancer and he had an incestuous relationship with her half sister Heather.

Heather is devious, manipulative, jealous and at times evil.

Best thing that happens in Farrah's life lately is heather has a fall and personality change and is now a good natured simpleton.

Farrah's dad Christy dies relatively young and now her mother Renee has a constant 'companion' called Bob. Bob is neither Renee's boyfriend, friend, lover but just hangs around Renee 24/7. He owns a food joint called the Hungry Pig. Bar following Renee around and being generally well meaning his life seems to have no purpose at the moment. He wasn't always so well meaning and broke up Farrah's father's marriage..with plenty of help from Renee.

Farrah's life is FUBAR.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

nagdefy wrote: »
    Farrah's Life..

Have the bad luck of ending up with Renee for a mother.

Men:

Went out with a fella who turned into a dangerous stalker in the late 1990s early 2000s.

Married Max Clayton, one of the coldest fish in the ocean who left her father Christy to die.

Next serious relationship, Ciaran the mentally unhinged kidnapper.

And for a fairly clued in 'normal' girl with no real previous issues, abuse etc that we know of this is bizarre.

Although maybe on closer look some issues occurred later in her life. Her brother Floyd dies young with cancer and he had an incestuous relationship with her half sister Heather.

Heather is devious, manipulative, jealous and at times evil.

Best thing that happens in Farrah's life lately is heather has a fall and personality change and is now a good natured simpleton.

Farrah's dad Christy dies relatively young and now her mother Renee has a constant 'companion' called Bob. Bob is neither Renee's boyfriend, friend, lover but just hangs around Renee 24/7. He owns a food joint called the Hungry Pig. Bar following Heather around and being generally well meaning his life seems to have no purpose at the moment. He wasn't always so well meaning and broke up Farrah's father's marriage..with plenty of help from Renee.

Farrah's life is FUBAR.

I assume you watched tonights episode. Thanks for the update. I'm abandoning ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Farrah - it's time to take down the photo of yourself and love/hate from the sideboard

Thanks farrah

• Registered Users Posts: 30,627 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm watching Britain's Got Talent tonight and generally ignore this thread but I noticed not much was going on tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

How come everyone in Carrigstown seems to have a key to Ciaran's apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just in and watching on +1.
    I I was Jake I'd be saying goodbye to Ama. "Have a nice life, see ya round."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Laois_Man wrote: »
    How come everyone in Carrigstown seems to have a key to Ciaran's apartment?

I hope ciaran has a key when he turns up

• Registered Users Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, K T. You were locked up for a year. You're no Jaycee Dugard! STFU...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

walshb wrote: »
    FFS, K T. You were locked up for a year. You're no Jaycee Dugard! STFU...

That's exactly how I feel and used the same poor girl as a comparison. Haven't watched the crap show since last Sunday and don't plan on it. I assume she's getting even worse and no doubt getting more attached to her bedroom.

I watched the second half with the sound turned off. It's far more enjoyable that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I think it's time for Ama to join the nuns and Jake should go find a normal woman for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sam Kade wrote:
    I think it's time for Ama to join the nuns and Jake should go find a normal woman for himself.

Nikki would be easier to listen to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Has Rose forget that she is supposed to be forgetful?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,893 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

McCabe reminds me of Linda Martin

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    McCabe reminds me of Linda Martin

That's it, I knew there was someone that she reminded ne of. She badly needs a makevover as her style is stuck in the 80's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Cazale wrote: »
    Has Rose forget that she is supposed to be forgetful?

She forgot the word for kettle the episode before last (I'm just going to put on the... eeeeeeeeh... eh... water for some tea') but was like an oracle last night!
    She probably won't know her name next episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,893 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought Ciaran only went after Farrah to get at Emmet as he was with her, yet she making out they were together forever, Noah and Allie of Carrigstown, I'd say she will end up back with Emmet

Also where is Miriam, has she not invited Katy to one of her groups yet

If LH isn't dead does that mean he's still floating around in Dublin bay. How did KT save herself after jumping off the pier in total darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sam Kade wrote: »
    If LH isn't dead does that mean he's still floating around in Dublin bay. How did KT save herself after jumping off the pier in total darkness?

Apparently, there's other bodies floating around Dun Laoghaire whenever required....body's that look similar enough to Ciaran's where the Gardai are unable to tell the difference.

I'm pretty sure Ciaran's actual body isn't one of them though!

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just in and watching on +1.
    I I was Jake I'd be saying goodbye to Ama. "Have a nice life, see ya round."

By round you mean in the street, community centre, spar, the park, Mc coys and Vinos all before lunchtime right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Shur lookit, most skinny dipping happens under cover of darkness! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,627 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just had a look at Facebook and in Scotland st the moment Niamh breaks up with Michael and he sleeps with Jane and Kerri-Ann's date with Garda Maguire doesn't go according to plan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

And don't forget she spent an hour looking for him...Michelle "whiskey in the jar" Smith isn't a fooking patch on her...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement