Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Just had a look at Facebook and in Scotland st the moment Niamh breaks up with Michael and he sleeps with Jane and Kerri-Ann's date with Garda Maguire doesn't go according to plan!

The lucky bastids!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭political analyst

nagdefy wrote: »
    Farrah's Life..

Have the bad luck of ending up with Renee for a mother.

Men:

Went out with a fella who turned into a dangerous stalker in the late 1990s early 2000s.

Married Max Clayton, one of the coldest fish in the ocean who left her father Christy to die.

Next serious relationship, Ciaran the mentally unhinged kidnapper.

And for a fairly clued in 'normal' girl with no real previous issues, abuse etc that we know of this is bizarre.

Although maybe on closer look some issues occurred later in her life. Her brother Floyd dies young with cancer and he had an incestuous relationship with her half sister Heather.

Heather is devious, manipulative, jealous and at times evil.

Best thing that happens in Farrah's life lately is heather has a fall and personality change and is now a good natured simpleton.

Farrah's dad Christy dies relatively young and now her mother Renee has a constant 'companion' called Bob. Bob is neither Renee's boyfriend, friend, lover but just hangs around Renee 24/7. He owns a food joint called the Hungry Pig. Bar following Renee around and being generally well meaning his life seems to have no purpose at the moment. He wasn't always so well meaning and broke up Farrah's father's marriage..with plenty of help from Renee.

Farrah's life is FUBAR.

She didn't go out with the man who stalked her - she was never interested in him. It was Jason, the head bartender in McCoy's at the time. He took Donal Maher hostage at knifepoint but Farrah convinced him to surrender and he was taken away in an ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

She didn't go out with the man who stalked her - she was never interested in him. It was Jason, the head bartender in McCoy's at the time. He took Donal Maher hostage at knifepoint but Farrah convinced him to surrender and he was taken away in an ambulance.

Did we ever see Jason again? Why did he take Maher hostage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Whatever happened to Stephen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭maurv1

Looking at Christy Ah No and Kerryanne walking round arm-in-arm is sooo cringey :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Dermot and Ben are back next week, I think.. Hee hee..... I wonder why he's returning, his reputation is ruined, he's no home as he gave it to Jayne(written on a piece of paper) and she's not going to give it up.

I just had a thought, Dermot, he could be returning for his trench-coat off Linda Martin... Ha ha, Linda Martin, good spot by the posters above, she really is. Lm.

Isn't it gas the way the world's press were outside the O'Brian home, with their 1980's camera equipment, they're on RTE grounds, you'd think they'd put one of their vans with the satellite dish in the picture.. and not one of them were covering the back entrance. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,893 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How come no press were in Vinos after Katy or her family?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Whenever Katy and the rest of the family go out the back way, do they have to climb over the wall the same way as Ciaran a couple of weeks back?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

walshb wrote: »
    And don't forget she spent an hour looking for him...Michelle "whiskey in the jar" Smith isn't a fooking patch on her...

I'm sure she said 3 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How come no press were in Vinos after Katy or her family?

The magic cap makes her invisable to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Sam Kade wrote:
    I'm sure she said 3 hours.

I think she just said 'an hour'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think I remember her saying she searched for 3 hours aswell. I suppose it's not on tonight is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,627 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    I think I remember her saying she searched for 3 hours aswell. I suppose it's not on tonight is it?

No, Fair City tonight!

youwould wrote: »
    Did we ever see Jason again?

No.
    Why did he take Maher hostage?

He thought that Farrah was in a relationship with Maher - she wasn't; they were just friends. Previously, she had a relationship with Maher's son, Brian (played by Keith Irwin), who cheated on her and on whom, in retaliation, she poured a pint in The Galley, which was Billy Meehan's pub and then run by Carol until the Criminal Assets Bureau seized it.

At present, Farrah is played by Caroline Harvey. The first actress in that role was Sinéad Keenan. The second was Denise McCormack but that wasn't mentioned when she appeared on Dancing with the Stars, even though her roles in Love/Hate and Red Rock were mentioned, or in her interview with the RTÉ Guide, even though it was mentioned in the Guide that her uncle is Stuart Dunne (Billy Meehan). Why would Denise not want people to remember that she used to play Farrah?

Dermot and Ben are back next week, I think.. Hee hee..... I wonder why he's returning, his reputation is ruined, he's no home as he gave it to Jayne(written on a piece of paper) and she's not going to give it up.
    Are you sure?
    I just had a thought, Dermot, he could be returning for his trench-coat off Linda Martin... Ha ha, Linda Martin, good spot by the posters above, she really is. Lm.

To be honest, Detective McCabe - with her present hairstyle - reminds me of Leo Dowling's ex-wife, Sandy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,650 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

No, Fair City tonight!
    ffs, only realised now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

whelan2 wrote: »
    ffs, only realised now:mad:

https://youtu.be/l9-ZD0dwHp0

Are you sure?

To be honest, Detective McCabe - with her present hairstyle - reminds me of Leo Dowling's ex-wife, Sandy.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Sandy, I see the resembles now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

At present, Farrah is played by Caroline Harvey. The first actress in that role was Sinéad Keenan. The second was Denise McCormack but that wasn't mentioned when she appeared on Dancing with the Stars, even though her roles in Love/Hate and Red Rock were mentioned, or in her interview with the RTÉ Guide, even though it was mentioned in the Guide that her uncle is Stuart Dunne (Billy Meehan). Why would Denise not want people to remember that she used to play Farrah?

Sinéad Keenan wasn't Farrah #1. The first Farrah was a young dark haired girl, then they went blonde with Keenan etc.

I just read the week's forecast... Not too sure if Dermot will be back, it all seems a bit all over the place...

"It's Team Oisin and Nicola against Team Callum and Jane this week in Carrigstown, as the mother and sons continue to clash. Tonight, Oisín is keen to organise an event in the Station bar to annoy Callum and is smug when he agrees a deal with Robbie for it to happen. Secretly Jane and Callum are chuffed when Robbie charges him €200 as a venue hire fee. Also tonight, Ellie panics at the prospect of a Gardai interview, and journalists stake out Farrah's doorstep. Finally, an unexpected arrival causes tension between Decco, Kerri-Ann and Sash."

I just read the week's forecast... Not too sure if Dermot will be back, it all seems a bit all over the place...

"It's Team Oisin and Nicola against Team Callum and Jane this week in Carrigstown, as the mother and sons continue to clash. Tonight, Oisín is keen to organise an event in the Station bar to annoy Callum and is smug when he agrees a deal with Robbie for it to happen. Secretly Jane and Callum are chuffed when Robbie charges him €200 as a venue hire fee. Also tonight, Ellie panics at the prospect of a Gardai interview, and journalists stake out Farrah's doorstep. Finally, an unexpected arrival causes tension between Decco, Kerri-Ann and Sash."
    Callum ends up spiking Nicola's drink and she ends up getting caught by Deegan.

Callum ends up spiking Nicola's drink and she ends up getting caught by Deegan.

I wonder where is Paul and Neimh is while all this is going on. :confused:

Telling Ruth to go up stairs and colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Making a plan!

Here's a storyline...... Dermot gets cancer, becomes friendly with one of his clients wife, Niamh, they carry out a PLAN to flees her husband, Paul Brennan, it all goes haywire after that.... Nah, FC would never do anything like that, unless they had a budget of millions to play about with. 😠... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

As bad as the storyline was I havent watched since Katie was released :)
    Time for another abduction or plan or Ill even take an abduction plan at this stage!

Sinéad Keenan wasn't Farrah #1. The first Farrah was a young dark haired girl, then they went blonde with Keenan etc.

If I remember correctly, the first Farrah had straight blonde hair. The second Farrah, who was stalked by Jason (Seán Hanrahan), had curly blonde hair.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/398695/who-is-denise-mccormack-dancing-with-the-stars-contestant-star-of-lovehate-and-red-rock-heres-what-we-know/
    Denise also had a recurring role as Farrah on Fair City for five years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

If I remember correctly, the first Farrah had straight blonde hair. The second Farrah, who was stalked by Jason (Seán Hanrahan), had curly blond hair.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/398695/who-is-denise-mccormack-dancing-with-the-stars-contestant-star-of-lovehate-and-red-rock-heres-what-we-know/

The first Farrah was Fiona Glascott

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement