Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

hardCopy wrote: »
    Why does Callum have a t-shirt with his Mam's name on it?
    It's a Velvet Underground t-shirt. Cool track actually :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Ok so Ellie is being taken to school and walks apparently straight in and out to mitch. So they all immediately repair to the Hungry Pig...so it csn be 9.30am at the most..yet she is offered a burger...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

I was away for a week. Christ! Every episode on a car crash! The Event, the event, the event!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

FC is in this filler inner in between mode. Nothing major for a while until they bring in a Cathal story and the next Katy/Ciaran/Emmett one. Nothing great happening in the current episodes but at least Nina is not in them and let's hope it stays like that! Ciaran is not dead. That photo of Emmett and Farrah, the body Emmett identified as not Ciaran's, etc. mean he will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

It should the "The Oisin and his Ma Show" this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Great to see that the FC 'writers' are still on top of their game.

For instance, in Tuesday 's episode, we saw Pete sitting at the table in Ama's house, with a carpenter's pencil, rulers, tri - square, and a sheet of blotting paper, draughting an architectural proposal for the three -dimensional measurements, in centimetres, of the height, width, and depth of the bookcase he intends to erect in Jake's bedroom.
    For fook's sake, Pete, you're putting up a few shelves to hold a book or two. You haven't got the contract to construct the fookin' New Maternity Hospital.

And Nicola, bless her, certainly speaks her mind...
    To Robbie : "Hey, you need to do something about the disgusting vermin in here," while glaring pointedly at Jane.
    And of course, Jane, highly offended by such an abusive insult, puffs out her impressive chest, and lets fly with a surprisingly uncensored, four-letter word.
    And what exactly was the nature of this obnoxious obscenity?
    In front of hundreds of thousands of innocent viewers (and eight children) she had the sheer audacity to yell at Nicola, "Hey, you! Rack off"!
    And remember, this was before the nine o'clock watershed.
    Ah for fooks sake, there's no call for that kinda fookin' language.
    What's this bloody country coming to, at all at all?

And the female detective decides that the person who can best help with trying to get inside the head of a psychotic abductor like L/H, is the little toddler, Ellie.
    What's her reasoning behind that, you may ask?
    "Yes, KT, I know you spent a full year in his company, just the two of you and a tiny box, but sure you couldn't possibly have come to know Ciaran like Eleanor did. After all, he walked her to school not just once, but twice. It's normal Garda procedure to first question the niece of a criminal's former girlfriend. I've read a lot of Sherlock Holmes novels.
    See, that's why I get paid the big bucks "

And li'l Ellie (or Eleanor, as Det - Inspector Columbo calls her) within the space of half an episode, turns from being a snivelling 12-year old toddler to a full - blown, cranky teenager, with all her, "I hate you, Mammy! I hate you! I wish I had poisoned you properly now!"
    But sure which of us hasn't screamed such things at our psychologically - injured, brain - damaged mother? Go on, go on, admit it.
    The young people of today, eh? No decorum........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Yippee Coolhull is back from his/her holiers.

The quality of this show from wardrobe to script is CRIMINAL!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Nikki making Donna from love hate look like Meryl Streep.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

I think it's time for new opening titles and music.

• Advertisement

How many times xan they rehash Jane v Nicola, Nikki listening in, Jake v Mondo scenes this week? WTF time do pubs open in Carraigstown. Are they cutting back in lighting the set this week? Yet again how do they manage to successfully produce worse and worse tv

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus divine would robo yank ever take a hike? :rolleyes: Muppet!

Fook off back to Amerikay ya nosy Muppet.

Does anyone else want to join me in taking out a class action law suit against RTE for their portrayal of the people of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Nicola needs some purple shampoo, stat.

oh ffs literally car crash tv

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Jez that Guard is kept busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Oh jake this is your lucky day. Run like the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Deegan on the ball to catch a drunk driver. Shame he couldn't have shown the same job aptitude in the Katy case.

One of Seans few scenes in months and he is sent to his room. Not once but twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Welcome back Coolhull, things have gone to hell in your absence !

Back to the homeless centre for Jake.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Cazale wrote: »
    Back to the homeless centre for Jake.

Ah I wouldn't worry about oul Jake. He'll be grand. Sure didn't he and Christy Ah No set up a restaurant in record time. Even quicker than Ah Shur Lookit and her long forgotten dry cleaners which was set up in the space of one episode. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The Event is the new Plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Reid

I am writing a letter to my local TD about the waste of tax payers money on this sh1te.

I'm gona Cc Leo in the letter also.

Its gone beyond the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Billy Reid wrote: »
    I am writing a letter to my local TD about the waste of tax payers money on this sh1te.

I'm gona Cc Leo in the letter also.

Its gone beyond the joke.

Noooo. It's comedy gold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

When Hughie's horrible son Kevin went up to the bar in McCoy's he forgot for a minute that he's a roboYank and sounded Scottish for a full sentence!
    What an awful episode that was, another contender for worst of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

FFS how many more times in soapland will we have the old 'alcohol doesn't taste of alcohol when it's in punch' bulsh? Sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,898 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened to Mondo's girlfriend who Sean fancied too?

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote:
    When Hughie's horrible son Kevin went up to the bar in McCoy's he forgot for a minute that he's a roboYank and sounded Scottish for a full sentence! What an awful episode that was, another contender for worst of the year.

Someone ring the caps!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement