Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

anna080 wrote: »
    Nicola needs some purple shampoo, stat.

That colour and 'style' are awful on her. Time for an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Nick's two babies are invisible it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Reid

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Noooo. It's comedy gold

Sometimes yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I'm completely and utterly lost....what's with all the
    sudden hysterical outrage over Header knowing where Katy was months ago when she revealed it about 4 weeks ago???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

WTF was the warning about before tonight's episode. Distressing scenes :confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

jos28 wrote: »
    WTF was the warning about before tonight's episode. Distressing scenes :confused::confused:

I presume the warning was because Ama and Jake got so much airtime?
    I found it distressing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Was wondering the same myself. Maybe Heather battering herself. That or anytime Nicki was on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

All joking aside I think Heathers character has strayed into caricature territory and I'm finding it offensive watching it at times. Only Fair City would casually use topics such as serious brain injury or miscarriages as throw away plot devices to pad out the KT storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I can't believe Katie is still not released, I stopped watching some time back. I'm going to follow the show by reading the comments here which at times are far more entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Nicola doing the breath test was hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Nicola doing the breath test was hilarious!

It was like she was blowing out birthday candles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Mena Mitty wrote:
    I can't believe Katie is still not released, I stopped watching some time back. I'm going to follow the show by reading the comments here which at times are far more entertaining.

She was released a while back, and Ciaran is missing and presumed dead (i.e. very much not dead).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Pete is jealous of Jake next week according to the RTE guide. Storyline of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

why do people like Nicki? she's an absolute tramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

dee_mc wrote: »
    She was released a while back, and Ciaran is missing and presumed dead (i.e. very much not dead).

Thanks for that, I'm kinda sorry I didn't keep watching now to see how things panned out. The episode I watched the other night was the one where Ellie was interviewed by the policewoman.

On a sidenote somebody ought to tell Hughie that Natalie is working as a nurse in the Rotunda. I saw her with my own eyes the other night on The Snapper :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking the same myself :confused:..........I presume she was talking about the scene at the end with heather in it?

When I was watching the Nicola doing the breath test last night I couldn't help but think was that how she used blow Paul!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Mondo about Jake: "He's a headbanger" Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Cazale wrote: »
    Someone ring the caps!
    lol glad im not he only one who notices that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

So nobody bothered to ask Callum why he jumped out in front of the car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

So nobody bothered to ask Callum why he jumped out in front of the car?

"Officer, I was just crossing the road and she just came out of nowhere and zoomed into me " ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

It must be so easy to write lines for RoboYank.....
    "Whaddya mean?"
    "What are ya saying?"
    "Are youuuuu for real?"
    "Why didn't ya call the caps?"
    "Pop, when are ya gonna start acting like a real Dad?"

Well, I have a question for you, RoboDick...
    'When are ya gonna start acting? "
    Last night's big "Deejay Event" in the Station Bar will live on for years in the memories of the thousands of young people who attended.
    Organised in just one night by a precocious teenager and his middle aged mother, (who had a face on her like a well - slapped arse all day) it seems to have consisted of a dozen or so extras, waving around a few empty beer bottles and pretending to be out of their heads on drink.
    There doesn't seem to have been any music, live or otherwise. (Well, maybe a Daniel O'Donnell album)
    This crazy, funky, drug-fuelled, wild 'happening' took place in Carrigstown.
    In a small backstreet pub.
    Out in the smoking area.
    In broad daylight.
    And the highlight of the 'event' seems to have been the glorious unveiling of a badly - drawn poster of a local woman holding a wine glass, which for some reason sent the huge crowd into paroxysms of wild laughter and mirth.
    Oh, how we all laughed!

But I think that the organisers of Electric Picnic, the Lark in the Park, and the annual concerts at Slane, can sleep easy in their brds

Nicola : I'll have a glass of non - alcoholic punch."
    Callum the bartender, being a devious chap, tops up her fruit punch with the tiniest measure of vodka.
    This being Fair City, if course, it means that after drinking a half spoonful of spirits, Nicola is barely able to stand up.
    Which is where Garda Commissioner John Deegan steps in....
    Producing the alco-meter he tells Nicola that he wants "a good big long blow"..... (??)

Thus, Deegan is able to now increase his total number of criminal prosecutions to four, yes, four, in less than three years.

#1 The case against the driver of a small courier van with a faulty tail-light.

#2 The successful prosecution of a teenage girl for the heinous offence of kicking over an empty wheel barrow.

#3 The reckless and willful damage done to an innocent flowerpot stand.

#4 Criminal defacement of a supermarket, by maliciously pissing up against the wall of said supermarket.

We owe a debt of gratitude to Garda John Deegan, who risks life and limb every day to protect the citizens of this land.
    As RoboYank would say, he truly is a 'Super Cap'....

• Registered Users Posts: 86,898 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Nicola and Oisin staying?

Poor Mondo even he don't deserve that wagon Ama

• Registered Users Posts: 17,268 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

That you could get a loan before the ad break is over! And be deeper in debt!
    Distressing or what? :P

Just a quick question, if somebody put a large amount of spirits in to my drink I would notice. Either by the taste or the feeling when I'd swallow it. Has Nicola any taste buds?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Just a quick question, if somebody put a large amount of spirits in to my drink I would notice. Either by the taste or the feeling when I'd swallow it. Has Nicola any taste buds?

No, she married Claaar.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

What did oisin bring to the "event" that Robbie couldn't just have done himself?! Music a bit louder and a bit of food....sure that's available in any pub any night of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jasonroche123

Nothing but Filler rubbish atm, Like who cares about Amas Shelves or Kerri Ann and Deccos Crowded house!!

Katy is obviously on her break and Rose's dementia story is gone out the window for now it seems! There lacks serious continuity in this soap, in a week or so Paul and Niamh will be back happy families

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Ive tuned out for a few weeks because I presumed after the Katy thing is fizzling out that FC has got no reason to watch it anymore.

Am I right? What did I miss the past few weeks? Paul and Niamh still together? Ciaran found yet? Ama still running away from Jake and bleating on about her religion? Zoe back from her holidays yet?

In short-is it worth watching?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jasonroche123

Ive tuned out for a few weeks because I presumed after the Katy thing is fizzling out that FC has got no reason to watch it anymore.

Am I right? What did I miss the past few weeks? Paul and Niamh still together? Ciaran found yet? Ama still running away from Jake and bleating on about her religion? Zoe back from her holidays yet?

In short-is it worth watching?

Zoe still missing, Ciaran not Found, Ama left Jake kinda, Paul and Niamh on their break , All we have is filler nonsense like Ama and Laura and Ash etc.. Even Sean appeared in it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement