Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ama looking fine tonight ;)

Ama said chile boy was just like her father and was really possessive :confused: I don't remember that sap being possessive, there problems started when sap head got involved in your man's dodgy meat business and ama was upset about that and that he lying.

Wtf was wheelie dan doing in sash's house? the big muppet!

I've never seen a more incompatible couple than sash and laura, its like the writers just "hmmmmm, we need a new lesbian couple in fair city, lets put these two dweebs together and it will all be ok"

I think Seanie boy and Roboyank are brothers, there the bop off each other and they both have one major thing in common....................There both dweebs!

I wonder where katie is now? don't tell me they lost her again after her big tv debut :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Who took the piece of headers brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wtf was wheelie dan doing in sash's house? the big muppet!

I think they were trying to show of the Bishops wheelchair accessible door!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Will we ever see the kid that has been left at the bishops' house?

Elli said she can make her own way home.. since when?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Who took the piece of headers brain?

The Lizard People :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Niall_76 wrote: »
    Will we ever see the kid that has been left at the bishops' house?

Elli said she can make her own way home.. since when?

Well it was a doll that came out of her when she had the kid in chile boy cafe so I'm guessing no.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

dixiedan wrote: »
    The Lizard People :)

Are the interested in taking Keavin?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Will they ever just give Wheelie Dan a plausible storyline. He's hanging around with Sash and Laura in a relationship that doesn't seem natural. His only input tonight was an offer to help with the baby and then in McCoys, he suggested they start work on the rota to mind the baby. Relax Dan and enjoy your pint ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He must be at least 20 years older than the rest of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Keven is the new Ciaran. A character that makes no sense and just appears everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Had a dream last night that I met the cast of fair city on a night out. Asked for a photo but the camera wouldn't work so they just walked away. I ended up throwing a bike at them which killed a couple of them. Dream ended with me being chased bare foot across a stony beach by Deegan. He didn't catch me.

Cazale wrote: »
    Had a dream last night that I met the cast of fair city on a night out. Asked for a photo but the camera wouldn't work so they just walked away. I ended up throwing a bike at them which killed a couple of them. Dream ended with me being chased bare foot across a stony beach by Deegan. He didn't catch me.
    Did you kill Clar, Kevin and Trenchcop?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Keven is the new Ciaran. A character that makes no sense and just appears everywhere.

I was thinking this too - one day Bob is going to say 'You know guys, the last time we welcomed a virtual stranger into this so-called family and allowed him to run all of our lives it didn't end particularly well, so maybe we should exercise caution with this new emotionally damaged controlling headcase?'.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Will they ever just give Wheelie Dan a plausible storyline. He's hanging around with Sash and Laura in a relationship that doesn't seem natural. His only input tonight was an offer to help with the baby and then in McCoys, he suggested they start work on the rota to mind the baby. Relax Dan and enjoy your pint ffs.

He hangs around like a bad smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jasonroche123

Why do the Phelans still bother with Kevin, He never has anything good to say, He's just a right pain, I'd have given him the road an age ago

Why do the Phelans still bother with Kevin, He never has anything good to say, He's just a right pain, I'd have given him the road an age ago

Sure he's running the pod with its invisible back packers, the pod has a renown international reputation and back packers from all over the world flock there , so they can sample the great cuisine in bobs burgers and the tomato s of vinos and then can have the finest pints McCoys or go clubbing in that other ****e hole .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Obviously Ciaran is still out there somewhere, due to fill a storyline gap later in the Summer. In reality, Dun Laoighre would be swept clean looking for the psycho who kept a girl locked up for a year. They are portraying this story as if the people in Ireland would just forget and move on, that would never happen in Ireland, they would keep beating that drum until they found him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

WORD OF THE DAY

douche (pronunciation.....doosh)
    douche bag (doosh-bag)

noun
    1.a small syringe having detachable nozzles for fluid injections, used chiefly for vaginal lavage and for enemas.

2. Also called douche. Slang: Vulgar. a contemptible or despicable person.

3. Kevin Phelan

Feminine Version:
    1. Douchess
    2. Ama

Use in sentence: Kevin Phelan is the most annoying douche bag to ever set foot in Carrigstown despite some
    serious fellow douche bags in the past. .

In Picture:

Fair-City-Eps-70-Farrah-pushes-Kevin-to-open-up.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

How many Aussie words like "Hey" (virtually every cast member greets the other with it.) and "Rack off" (the latest) are we supposed to tolerate??? There's more if you listen close enough.
    There's a few sad realities here.

1. RTE hire a very suspect person from Australia to guide things.
    2. RTE think he is doing a good job.
    3. RTE believe that no Irish person can run this soap.
    4. RTE have decided that their soap should be as crap as possible and feature a mixture of incoherent, badly thought out and supposedly controversial storylines. In fact RTE may not even be setting out to make it as crap as possible, but it is.
    5. The entire show is amateurish and an insult to viewers.
    6. The team of writers are well paid, but talentless and guided by an import who is laughing all the way to the bank with them.

While I love the fun here, I do get somewhat despondent by the sheer cheek and arrogance of what FC offers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,898 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ellie and Heather leave for Brazil with Brendan next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

:eek:

Good. So ridiculously unrealistic though, the whole last 7 months how they have dealt with Heather's head injury,

Grandeeod wrote: »
    How many Aussie words like "Hey" (virtually every cast member greets the other with it.) and "Rack off" (the latest) are we supposed to tolerate??? There's more if you listen close enough.
    There's a few sad realities here.

1. RTE hire a very suspect person from Australia to guide things.
    2. RTE think he is doing a good job.
    3. RTE believe that no Irish person can run this soap.
    4. RTE have decided that their soap should be as crap as possible and feature a mixture of incoherent, badly thought out and supposedly controversial storylines. In fact RTE may not even be setting out to make it as crap as possible, but it is.
    5. The entire show is amateurish and an insult to viewers.
    6. The team of writers are well paid, but talentless and guided by an import who is laughing all the way to the bank with them.

While I love the fun here, I do get somewhat despondent by the sheer cheek and arrogance of what FC offers up.

He needs to be sent home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dr Julius No

Whatever happened to the secret that ellie wanted to talk about before the whole Ciaran/Katie/Emmet drama a couple of weeks ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

pjohnson wrote: »
    He needs to be sent home

On a raft with a great big boot up the hole! His appointment has to be based on the typical Irish attitude of "we don't know how to do this, please help" mentality, which is bollox to all outside the insular body that is RTE. He got a directing gig due to his wife in 2014 and now he thinks he owns the show beacuse he is a series "consultant".

Ireland - Where mediocrity is rewarded and praised.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Good. So ridiculously unrealistic though, the whole last 7 months how they have dealt with Heather's head injury,

Unrealistic? Not according to this poor delusional writer

http://www.thejournal.ie/readme/fair-city-scriptwriter-heathers-brain-injury-is-my-brothers-story-too-3435629-Jun2017/

jos28 wrote: »

My sister had a serious head injury when she was 10 and was knocked down. She was in intensive care and then Dun Laoghaire. The thoughts of her being sent home to live after a few weeks is absolutely ridiculous.

I would like to hear his version of events regarding the timeline of her recovery etc.
    Some of her behaviour sometimes was played out very well but the stupid humour made far too light of it and took the piss out of mentally disabled people.
    While it was humorous to us when she pulled out some cracking lines, we were meant to be sniggering at the fact that this mentally disabled person would come out with these jokes.
    I am not going to lie, I did laugh, like I laugh at Timmy and Jimmy in Southpark but that doesn't make it realistic.

The fact is her disability was far too inconsistent. She wasn't allowed near a toaster yet she could get p1ssed every other night.
    She couldn't hold a pencil yet she could start a car and drive it out to Santry Industrial Estate.

They have dug a hole now with a good character by making her disabled (I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean that, although, these injuries do improve, we will be expected to accept a complete recovery when she does return inevitably.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

jos28 wrote: »

I wonder did the writers brother say Bob liked the lesbians to?

On the run again so is it LOL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

What happened with Ellie's puberty storyline?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement