Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

Decco's house is like Heuston station these days, there's so many people wandering in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

pjohnson wrote: »
    He needs to be sent home
    or away.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

If Brendan does return to Carrigstown, he can avoid being caught by using KT's invisibility cap
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If Brendan does return to Carrigstown, he can avoid being caught by using KT's invisibility cap
    ;)
    He's trying to hide from Deegan and Renee tells Deegan where he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Fair-City-Eps-70-Farrah-pushes-Kevin-to-open-up.jpg

I wish Farrah would tie her hair up just for once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

My sister had a serious head injury when she was 10 and was knocked down. She was in intensive care and then Dun Laoghaire. The thoughts of her being sent home to live after a few weeks is absolutely ridiculous.

I would like to hear his version of events regarding the timeline of her recovery etc.
    Some of her behaviour sometimes was played out very well but the stupid humour made far too light of it and took the piss out of mentally disabled people.
    While it was humorous to us when she pulled out some cracking lines, we were meant to be sniggering at the fact that this mentally disabled person would come out with these jokes.
    I am not going to lie, I did laugh, like I laugh at Timmy and Jimmy in Southpark but that doesn't make it realistic.

The fact is her disability was far too inconsistent. She wasn't allowed near a toaster yet she could get p1ssed every other night.
    She couldn't hold a pencil yet she could start a car and drive it out to Santry Industrial Estate.

They have dug a hole now with a good character by making her disabled (I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean that, although, these injuries do improve, we will be expected to accept a complete recovery when she does return inevitably.

Sorry to hear about your sister TB, hope she made a full recovery and is doing well now. Yet again it's the FC lack of good research and inconsistency that ruin a good story line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

jos28 wrote: »
    My sister had a serious head injury when she was 10 and was knocked down. She was in intensive care and then Dun Laoghaire. The thoughts of her being sent home to live after a few weeks is absolutely ridiculous.

I would like to hear his version of events regarding the timeline of her recovery etc.
    Some of her behaviour sometimes was played out very well but the stupid humour made far too light of it and took the piss out of mentally disabled people.
    While it was humorous to us when she pulled out some cracking lines, we were meant to be sniggering at the fact that this mentally disabled person would come out with these jokes.
    I am not going to lie, I did laugh, like I laugh at Timmy and Jimmy in Southpark but that doesn't make it realistic.

The fact is her disability was far too inconsistent. She wasn't allowed near a toaster yet she could get p1ssed every other night.
    She couldn't hold a pencil yet she could start a car and drive it out to Santry Industrial Estate.

They have dug a hole now with a good character by making her disabled (I don't mean that in a derogatory way, I mean that, although, these injuries do improve, we will be expected to accept a complete recovery when she does return inevitably.

Sorry to hear about your sister TB, hope she made a full recovery and is doing well now. Yet again it's the FC lack of good research and inconsistency that ruin a good story line.

Cheers buddy! I was only young at the time as it happened so didn't appreciate how serious it was. She's grand now, not 100%, 25 years on, married and all.

But it pissed me off watching how trivial they made Heather act the last few months.

I can take a joke and I am not going to be a hypocrite and say I didn't laugh at many a Heather joke line but when you hear the self glorifying by the writers and actors really her behaviour and how realistic it was it raises eyebrows as per usual

• Registered Users Posts: 86,898 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where is Paul while his sons are fighting?

Does Oisin not know still of Niamh's plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Catching up on Sunday night's episode and the detective says there's not enough to start up an investigation on Kevin's claims about Heather.

Could she, I dunno...ask Katy?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Kevin is one of the most annoying characters in soap opera history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Why on earth is jane holding an umbrella?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Your wan's baby I thought she was a new born? She looks about 2 :confused:

Is this Ama's sister

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Love Oisin!

In true Fair City style, The social wirker comes into the pub to do official business.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Decco very comfy there with the two gals on either side of him ;)

I'm calling it here.

Kerri Anne goes bonkers (even more bonkers) and steals Nikki's baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

This probably belongs in the "Trivial things that annoy you forum"..but Jayzus....Farrah's roots!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Haha sassy Ellie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Why did she tell him she'd poison him????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The new Ellie is NOT to be messed with, I love her deadpan threatening delivery!

Why again does Kevin give an absolute flying fcuk about what happens with Ellie and Heather?? Maybe I missed something but he came into it as a moody son of Hughie throwing insults around left, right and centre and now hes suddenly concerned Mr Nice Guy, I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

KerrieAnn ..."I want a baby, ...NOW!" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Renee has started blaming Ciaran for everything now. It's usually Farrah she blames.

I also noticed tonight that Bob seems to follow Renee around everywhere in every scene they share!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I also noticed tonight that Bob seems to follow Renee around everywhere in every scene they share!!

I think that has been the case for 2 years now! I find it hilarious! I bet he is crouched behind the counter when she is at the till

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Hitchens wrote: »

Decco......."grand so, I'll go brush me teeth".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Jackie and Jake... ;)

Who's house does Jackie rent from ?

I think that has been the case for 2 years now! I find it hilarious! I bet he is crouched behind the counter when she is at the till

Its weird to witness it, it just seems a natural part of his walking flow to follow her around to whatever room she is in. Next thing is to mention it in the soap and then we will REALLY know they read this thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Jackie and Jake... ;)

Who's house does Jackie rent from ?

I thought Pete owned that house. He used to live there when he first came into the show I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Hitchens wrote: »
    If Ellie is removed from her family by social services, Kerry Ann will be in the running to adopt her. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement