Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Brendan gets phone call from complete stranger lunchtime Tuesday. Books flight from Brazil to London pretty much straight away then goes to Belfast for some reason instead of Dublin and arrives Thursday afternoon to demand to see his daughter. Fast traveller!

He went to Belfast presumably because he's wanted for murder in Ireland and thought entering from a different country would be less likely to be caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭political analyst

Brendan Daly fled to Brazil after he jumped bail and was found guilty of Floyd's murder. The fact that Brazil doesn't have an extradition treaty with Ireland doesn't eliminate the likelihood of extradition - as can be seen in the case of a certain real-life ex-solicitor.

Wouldn't the Gardaí have asked their Brazilian counterparts to look for Brendan?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,198 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Brendan Daly fled to Brazil after he jumped bail and was found guilty of Floyd's murder. The fact that Brazil doesn't have an extradition treaty with Ireland doesn't eliminate the likelihood of extradition - as can be seen in the case of a certain real-life ex-solicitor.

Wouldn't the Gardaí have asked their Brazilian counterparts to look for Brendan?

In fair city he could have gone to Galway and not been found.

I actually burst out laughing because Brendan Daly was my English teach in secondary school and I suddenly thought he'd somehow blagged himself a Fair City job.

Credit unions give out loans to you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has Paul and Niamh died or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Has Paul and Niamh died or something?

I kinda miss Niamh and her coquettish sideways look, and her hair flicking! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Renee: Heather confessed to something she didn't do

Hello what am I missing as she did drug her child

Yeah, i've actually lost track of this storyline of who did what to whom. I think maybe the writers have as well. It's all very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, i've actually lost track of this storyline of who did what to whom. I think maybe the writers have as well. It's all very confusing.

Renee is great for picking someone and blaming everything on them. It's relentless. Scene after scene. It used to be Farrah but now she's moved on to Kevin. She's blameless herself of course.

It is the new Niamh and Dermot "I want my money"

And now Robbie wants his money from Callum! He said he wouldn't ask him again... but watch this space!

• Advertisement

Credit unions give out loans to you know

Not to someone who's unemployed. How did Pete seriously expect to get a loan from any bank or CU?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Used Pete be on the sick/dole when the kids were young , I always thought he was shagged with the back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Bullocks wrote: »
    Used Pete be on the sick/dole when the kids were young , I always thought he was shagged with the back

Ah shur lookit, he's a martyr to d'oul back!:)

When I checked the actor's IMDB profile, I notice that he hadn't been acting since his last stint in Fair City - until now. But now I know why.

http://www.wweek.com/arts/television/2017/04/25/an-irish-soap-opera-star-turned-alberta-publican-returns-to-the-small-screen/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

When I checked the actor's IMDB profile, I notice that he hadn't been acting since his last stint in Fair City - until now. But now I know why.

That head flick when Heather entered the room was straight out of The Young And The Restless!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

http://www.wweek.com/arts/television/2017/04/25/an-irish-soap-opera-star-turned-alberta-publican-returns-to-the-small-screen/

Whos the other guy who now owns an American pub. He was on something? News Years programme with Dobbo?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What happened Pete and Damo's shop and business?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It closed months ago. They kept of falling out over it .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

Hitchens wrote: »
    I kinda miss Niamh and her coquettish sideways look, and her hair flicking! :o

I think we should get Freshpopcorn to organise another petition to keep Niamh and Paul away - permanently ! Can't even imagine what the scriptwriters have in store for them :rolleyes:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Whos the other guy who now owns an American pub. He was on something? News Years programme with Dobbo?

The man who runs the Irish pub in Portland, Oregon, is the actor who played Brendan Daly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Xpert hardware the real shop pulled the plug on a 3 year deal after just 18 months
    So I guess they wrote the story of it going out of business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Xpert hardware the real shop pulled the plug on a 3 year deal after just 18 months
    So I guess they wrote the story of it going out of business

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The man who runs the Irish pub in Portland, Oregon, is the actor who played Brendan Daly.

Whoops didnt realise it was him ha

Edit. No fcuk epiphany Jimmy Doyle!! Hes also a publican in America!

It closed months ago. They kept of falling out over it .

I remember Damo getting a job on his own, a long term fixed contract one, but if they sold the shop and Pete kept handyman business going how is he broke?

I remember Damo getting a job on his own, a long term fixed contract one, but if they sold the shop and Pete kept handyman business going how is he broke?

Didnt he give all his money to Wayne to buy into the garage

Didnt he give all his money to Wayne to buy into the garage

Was that where the money came from?

Was that where the money came from?

Some of it and some from the money he found belonging to Paul/Dermot /Niamh in the gear bag

Some of it and some from the money he found belonging to Paul/Dermot /Niamh in the gear bag

So Pete's money invested or loaned was all from his business with Damo

I knew Wayne used money he found belong to Dermot, some of his stash stolen from Paul

So Pete's money invested or loaned was all from his business with Damo

I knew Wayne used money he found belong to Dermot, some of his stash stolen from Paul

I'm not sure if Pete's money is from his business or was he just a good saver down through the years:D

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    Whoops didnt realise it was him ha

Edit. No fcuk epiphany Jimmy Doyle!! Hes also a publican in America!

Nice one!

Here's an article on that point (for the benefit of anyone who hasn't already read it):

https://rsvpmagazine.ie/remember-jimmy-doyle-fair-city/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement