Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

When will Oisin discover Niamh's deception, hope he also discovers son that Robbie, Jane and Callum helped Dermot and tells Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'm not sure if Pete's money is from his business or was he just a good saver down through the years:D

I think Pete gave an extra few bob to Wayne to by th graage, I think it was something like 80'thousand, there was no explanation of how Pete managed to get that!

I remember bad back Pete who couldn't work living with one of Doug's mates mother so don't think he had any savings but then he became a handy man with Damo and loaded :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dogcatcher

Life is too short to watch anymore, the Katie story-line was like watching paint dry. I watched it from the start and now I feel cheated, it's going down the same route as the other soaps. Fair City was different I thought but not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

One of the strangest things about FC is the fact that some characters never appear independent from others. What I mean is, when you see Laura back with Round 2786 of Does she like Sash/Babies/One Night Stands, you are 100% guaranteed to see Dan in the same scene, and for the duration of her storyline, each episode starts with: Laura jogs past Vinos and stops to chat to Sash. In the background Dan and Dean wheel up to join the chat/slagging/argument before they all split. And yet in the previous week where Niamh and Jane clogged up the streets, there was no sign of Laura et al!

Its a very weak device to get characters together. And the likes of Laura and Dan must surely view FC as nothing but a paycheque, because they are never challenged to act well, they are given the same script over and over and over again: Laura puts fitness first, tension with Sash over babies, Dan and Dean slag her off, Laura and Sash have an argument etc etc etc etc then they are off for 2 months only to re-appear with the same old roundabout of problems again, FC really is quite a crap show in that regard? Shockingly lazy writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Dogcatcher wrote: »
    Life is too short to watch anymore, the Katie story-line was like watching paint dry. I watched it from the start and now I feel cheated, it's going down the same route as the other soaps. Fair City was different I thought but not anymore.

Whatever the feck is in it works all the same . I continually ask myself why I watch it but continually go back and watch more even though it's a complete waste of TV time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Is Paul still sitting at the kitchen table drinking whisky.
    Someone should go check on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Bullocks wrote: »
    Whatever the feck is in it works all the same . I continually ask myself why I watch it but continually go back and watch more even though it's a complete waste of TV time!

I have barely seen it for weeks now, what with the daylight but in general the reason I watch it is

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=103831952#post103831952

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Hitchens

I have barely seen it for weeks now, what with the daylight

...are you a vampire then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

So Wayne and Orla just carry around the 5 grand in an envelope just waiting to bump into Pete in Spar to give it to him. Such rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

So the Yank is going to help facilitate the moving of a father, not fully well mother and a child who isn't allowed be with them to Brazil....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So sash is now a foster mom too an invisible child? This child's mother has just disappeared, I think child services should be investigating her and not Elle's crowd lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Why did Pete say on the phone that his son in law owed him money? Wayne is his stepson. He doesn't have a son in law!

Why doesn't Oisin just rat on the Yank that he stole the cars few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Great music lineup in the station 😂

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    Great music lineup in the station 😂

Can imagine Dan wheely enjoying this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

When the zombie shoppers enter Spar, isn't the shop door 'flush' with the wall behind the counter? Last night when Oísin was outside with Carol, the door was at a corner angle. I don't know how to post a pic. or I would do so. Dear God, this show has us all driven mad. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

When the zombie shoppers enter Spar, isn't the shop door 'flush' with the wall behind the counter? Last night when Oísin was outside with Carol, the door was at a corner angle. I don't know how to post a pic. or I would do so. Dear God, this show has us all driven mad. :pac:

And a store with no windows, just a brick wall. I don't think I've ever heard of a shop that had no natural light coming in from the outside.

Cathal and Jane hook up next week

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

ridiculous writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Do we still not know what happened between Heather and Brendan in Brazil which lead to her return with Ellie?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Do we still not know what happened between Heather and Brendan in Brazil which lead to her return with Ellie?

If I remember correctly, Heather came back with a load of horror stories of how badly Brendan had treated the two of them, but there was a suggestion she may have been lying or embellishing the truth at least (I think she was already in the early stages of her mental health problems at this stage).

thought it a bit rich of a member of the Muslim community in London as interviewed by Sky News to bang out about how they have been persecuted when every terrorist attack in London and Mancs since 2007 has been conducted by ppl of the Muslim community.

How can the Muslim continuity say they are under siege (in the UK) when this event is the first terrorist attack against them that I've heard off and westerns in the uk have been slaughters by ppl of their kind on the streets of London and in Manchester.

I am hearing a lot about Islamophobia but the Muslim population in the UK don't seem to recognize Westerophobia .

It looks to me that this terrorist attack specifically targeted against Muslims is being cynically used to explain away Westerophobia because Islamophobia is what kicked it all off in the first place.

I don't buy that for a second. If there were no Islamist attacks in the Uk then last nights attack would never have happened.

What is this to do with Leo playing the guitar or The Ram?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I have never seen this thread so quiet, you would know the weather is good and FC is sh1te at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

What a start, Emmett the miserable man child and the ongoing whinge fest that is Damien and Caoimhe.

Yawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Who was emmet looking at across the street?

GROW THE F*CK UP YOU ANNOYING YOUNG WOMAN.

YOU ARE NOT BLOODY 3 YEARS OF AGE

twirlagig wrote: »
    Who was emmet looking at across the street?

3116870206e3c3f02275c799e15b661b.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Hilarious that Sash still has that child, Nikki mustn't be too fussed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement