Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Delboy2015

Heather and Brendan are like two children looking for sweets off their mother

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Did Heather pass on the head injury to Brendan??he doesn't seem the full shilling either??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I have missed a few episodes?

Why has Roboyank gone from trying to get Header sectioned again and Ellie put into care to now trying to enable a clearly incapable brain damaged woman to move to the other side of the world with no health system that would suit her with a girl who is settled in school and with her family along with a fugitive he doesn't know

• Registered Users Posts: 23,801 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Can we get Renee sent to Brazil?

Shes the most demented.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

How does bob stick the whole lot of them with all the drama. He should go to Brazil and leave the lot of them behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sparko wrote: »
    Hilarious that Sash still has that child, Nikki mustn't be too fussed.

That invisible child. What a rubbish storyline. Even Laura looks bored with it.

And Damien and Caoimhe seem to regret ever having that baby. All they do is argue about who will mind her. Is she ever out of that buggy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

So now Katy has an apartment in Dublin city and is "settling in". How is she affording the rent? How is she coping with the 24/7 media intrusion? So weak that they have portrayed this story as just fizzling away when in reality, she would be making the front page for months yet and the whole of Dun Laoighre would be dredged so they could plaster Ciarans bloated corpse all over the front page :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

How does bob stick the whole lot of them with all the drama. He should go to Brazil and leave the lot of them behind.

The poor chap has no choice. He's been surgically attached to Renee for a year, he's no longer able to move independently. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

He should go to Brazil and leave the lot of them behind.

Now THAT would make a great FC spin off

• Registered Users Posts: 6 demerse

Only in Carrigstown could a parting "we should get a coffee some time" result in a coffee couple of hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Carol should pawn her kid off too Sash as well.......god knows she'd show the child more affection than that sap.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

3116870206e3c3f02275c799e15b661b.png

Its dermish trying too hop the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Susie Power, who plays Ellie, will be 14 in August.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susie_Power_(actress)

It's beyond bizarre the role she's given to play. I don't know what you'd describe the Ellie role as...an extremely gullible and naive 7 year old? No 9 or 10 year old child of normal mental development would act that way. No 'typical' 6 or 7 year old would either.

Does poor Susie get slagged at school. Presumably she's in first year in secondary heading into 2nd year. She'll be doing her Junior Cert and asking questions like 'why can't dad see the colouring i've done in my room?':eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

nagdefy wrote: »

It's beyond bizarre the role she's given to play. I don't know what you'd describe the Ellie role as...an extremely gullible and naive 7 year old? No 9 or 10 year old child of normal mental development would act that way. No 'typical' 6 or 7 year old would either.

Does poor Susie get slagged at school. Presumably she's in first year in secondary heading into 2nd year. She'll be doing her Junior Cert and asking questions like 'why can't dad see the colouring i've done in my room?':eek:

It must be very embarrassing for the actor who plays Ellie to be portrayed as a 5-6 year old. What/why are they (FC) doing this to her?... Although they do do that a lot with a lot of cachecters!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It must be very embarrassing for the actor who plays Ellie to be portrayed as a 5-6 year old. What/why are they (FC) doing this to her?... Although they do do that a lot with a lot of cachecters!

I think her teachers wouldn't be leaving any of their mugs of coffee or tea unattended with her around!

Well if the gloves fit.......

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

kevin's american/Canadian accent needs some work tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Scram wrote:

Lol. Its just so so bad. Hard to tell what kind of accent it is. I think American or Canadian people would be offended by it to be honest. Its like Tom cruise's Irish accent in reverse.

But then again it's fair city, so quality is not a word you would associate it with

Ah here no way is she 14 LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Ah here no way is she 14 LOL.

When Laura was 14 I remember a storyline where she went and got her belly button pierced and it got infected.

I can't imagine Ellie going off and doing something like that.:D

• Advertisement

In the show, Ellie is 12, almost 13.

Now, if someone can give me an example of any soap character that behaves like that at that age I would like to know.

For example Sarah Platt found out she was 5 months pregnant just after she turned 13.

It is ridiculous.

Scram wrote: »

It is atrocious, and couldn't be anymore annoying if he tried.

I love the way the actor thinks pronouncing "o's" like "a's" makes him sound more American

Like, "I called the caps", instead of "I called the cops"

Here is Gavin Fullam's (RoboYank) actual accent

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Well, thanks to your link I've got this stuck in my head

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

FC is clearly about who the producers favour. I mean, an actress as good as Heather they give her a brain injury and now it looks like she will be shipped off and yet they will keep Carol walking up the street with a fag in her mouth for years to come, or some absolute nothing of a character like Laura will spend the next decade with her will she wont she farce with Sash.
    I genuinely think FC are trying to annoy people and lose viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 A. Person

Hi everyone. First time poster. Only found out about this page today :)

Love Fair City. What happened last night? My skybox broke :(

A. Person wrote: »
    Hi everyone. First time poster. Only found out about this page today :)

Love Fair City. What happened last night? My skybox broke :(

Oh, God, may not be the right thread for you, I fear!! :D:D

Welcome!

Last Night

RoboYank (Kevin) was annoying again with his awful fake accent

Ellie still acted like a 5 year old

Dan had another pointless scene

Pete continued this wierd, out of nowhere obsession with Jake

Every character bought coffee from shop/Vinos despite being a few yards from their gaf

KT was relocated to a box apartment, seemingly the best place for a girl who has spent the last year living alone in a similar environment

220 cast members still remain unsighted

Lycra Laura and Sasha continued being in their miserable cliche lesbian relationship

The Don (Paul) and Niamh remained frozen at the kitchen table

Bob whispered repeatedly while looking over Rennee's shoulder

Header wanted mayple syrup and a sh*g with Brendan (or Brandan as Kevin calls him)

Brendan didn't shave because we all know fugitives never shave

Roboyank, understandably want's to export Ellie and Header

Oisin made some witty comments

Callum still can't find his beany hat

Greasy (Robbie) ordered 3 ton's of Dax Wax for his hair to get him through the week after Callum gave him some money

Hughie kept spontaneously popping up every time one of the Phelans spoke

Sasha and Kerri Anne wheeled around a pram that makes baby noises

Damien scared the sh*te out of his child by looking at her

Carrie Crowley fancies a Riverdance with Jake

Doug continued to show off his new "Hitler Hairstyle"

Emmett looks like he may get the ride

Cathal was mentioned out of nowhere meaning he will randomly walk around the corner in the very first scene tonight while a congregation of characters converse on the street and make a sneery remark to them while someone tells the other to "stay away from him, he is trouble", meaning said person will inevitably not stay away from him and it will lead to trouble.

Kevin wants to go "shappping" with Ellie to help the Brendan/Header/Ellie deportation but is afraid the "caps" will catch him

Rennee preached the gospel to all from her moral highhorse

Ama wasn't in the episode and every viewer thanked the lord.

Apart from that, quiet enough episode.

I am surprised I could put that list together as I was honestly only paying half attention to the episode! And that is the honest to god truth!As I have watched f all of the show the last 3 weeks

I still haven't a clue why Kevin has completely made a U-turn on the welfare of Ellie with regard to Heather
    I still haven't a clue why Pete is so hostile to Jake
    I still havent a clue what is the story with this baby and why her mother isnt about
    I still don't know why Carrie Crowley and Jake are so close suddenly?
    I haven't a clue what is happening with the garage but it seems Wayne got a loan and Pete wants money back
    I still don't know what the point of Dan is
    I still don't give a sh*te about Laura and Sasha's relationship

Dam!! How long was the episode? :)

A. Person wrote: »
    Dam!! How long was the episode? :)

Every episode seems like 5 hours for the last 2 years! I am beginning to think they are!

• Advertisement

I take it your not a fan of the show talking bread? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement