Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I'm not normally a violent person, but I seriously want to bang Sash's and Renee's head together. They are so irritating. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

And still judith nor neasa nor dearbhla have rung home to ask about baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

amtc wrote: »

Neasa is too busy riding a rich man in New York. Dearbhla is too busy riding lumberjacks in Canada. I'm not sure what Judith is doing. Didn't she go to Africa? Probably riding Zulu warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 A. Person

Right I've had a look back on this thread. (And my sky box is back) ☺☺☺

Im always been of the opinion if you don't like watching a show then why bother watching.

There seems to be a lot of vitirol hate for this show on here. I mean literally everything is slated.

You slate the writers, the sets, the stories the actors. Especially the child actors. I mean they are kids. The hate for them is unreal.
    I think they do a great job especially the one that played ellie. Was sad to see her and Heather leave the show. They both been playing a blinder.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion at the end of the day but i really think that the people on here that hate the show so much really need to stop watching. Find something you do like. ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

A. Person wrote: »

Im always been of the opinion if you don't like watching a show then why bother watching.

There seems to be a lot of vitirol hate for this show on here. I mean literally everything is slated.

You slate the writers, the sets, the stories the actors. Especially the child actors. I mean they are kids. The hate for them is unreal.
    I think they do a great job especially the one that played ellie. Was sad to see her and Heather leave the show. They both been playing a blinder.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion at the end of the day but i really think that the people on here that hate the show so much really need to stop watching. Find something you do like. ☺

No. What are ye going to be about it. Call the Caps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Who do you play in the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

that you Pete?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

YOU ARE IRISH. STOP USING A's instead of O's to convince us otherwise.

Also he uses "Bab" instead of "Bob."

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

mloc123 wrote:
    What if that new girl that is all over Emmet is actually Ciaran back in disguise..

Oh my god that would be amazing! Like something out of the Bold and the Beautiful haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

laylag wrote: »
    Also he uses "Bab" instead of "Bob."

Brandan for Brendan, Allie for Ellie, Ranee for Rennie,

I think his dazed look in scenes is because he is too hard concentrating on the fake accent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,302 ✭✭✭✭branie2

amtc wrote: »

Or Zak

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Feck off Niamh. And leave Paul once and for all...

In my defence I do like The Ram Dillon and Jane in her green t-shirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Neasa is too busy riding a rich man in New York. Dearbhla is too busy riding lumberjacks in Canada. I'm not sure what Judith is doing. Didn't she go to Africa? Probably riding Zulu warriors.

here we are and here we are and here we go
    all aboard and we're hitting the road
    here we go, riding all over the world

Well gidy up gidy up and get away
    We're going crazy and we're going today
    here we go, riding all over the world

And I like it, I like it, I like it, I like it
    I li-li-li-like it, li-li-li-like it
    here we go, riding all over the world :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

mloc123 wrote: »
    What if that new girl that is all over Emmet is actually Ciaran back in disguise..
    If I hear about "the group" one more time I'll puke. Are Miriam and her daughter really aliens looking to take carrigstown over one group member at a time. Jane has finally dumped her cold shoulder tops for a new look. All her tops now have neck straps. Can't take too much more of this excitement:cool:

It is obvious this will be a way to continue the Ciaran story. It seems this 'group' will be the way that Tessa will be introduced. She will be Hannah's friend. Hannah will be Emmett's new girlfriend and will announce a friend who suffers from depression and was thought dead/disappeared. It will be Tessa and Emmett will panic. Ciaran will then show up in some way and Tessa will know all about him and will not look at it kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

I'd say a lot of us here only watch the show because we really enjoy slagging it off on this thread. I don't hate anyone on the show really and I have kids myself so I am very careful what I say about the children who act in it. But the writers etc are open to criticism IMO. I enjoy the craic here so I'll keep watching. Some of the posts are literally LOL and we all need a bit of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Has Head'n'Shoulders'/Caoimhe's little babby been indoors even once since she left the maternity ward? Every scene she's been in, the poor little mite is in her pram, either on the footpath outside her parents front door, or else outside the back entrance to the Station
    And a pub smoking area is not generally recommended for infants.
    Though, since we all saw Head'n'Shoulders take her for a walk to the park on a freezing cold night in February, we know that the babby is gonna grow up to be one tough cookie.

Sash : " I have to go. The crèche that Kim's child attends called me. She's not well.."
    Well, Sash, maybe it's just me, but why didn't the crèche ring the child's mother instead?
    My daughter owns a playschool /crèche, and I'm fairly sure that if a child wasn't well, she would probably ring the parents, rather than the local, bottle - blonde, former prisoner, lesbian barmaid.
    But as I said, maybe that's just me. I understand they do things differently in Carrigstown. Who am I to judge?

Renee (with her customary frown) : " I'm worried. Sergeant Deegan is no fool. He'll soon figure things out".
    Ah, Renee! Come on! John Deegan will figure it out? That muppet couldn't find his own ass with both hands.

Brendan wouldn't step outside the front door last week in case the police picked him up. But this week, he heads up the motorway to Belfast airport, driven by a busybody with a bad accent who hasn't sat behind the wheel of a car since his arrival in Carrigstown. The Yank of course doesn't realise that when your passengers include a bearded, skinny 'doctor', a brain - damaged, inarticulate woman, and a fourteen year old toddler, all trying to evade the 'caps', then perhaps you should try not to break the speed limit.
    Especially when the steering wheel is on the right, you've never driven on the left hand side before, and your 'Pop' loaned you the car without checking to see if you've got an Irish license and proper insurance cover.

I know, I know, I shouldn't be worrying myself over these little details, but it's the kinda stuff that keeps me awake, tossing and turning till the small hours of the morning ....

I am sorry, but that is a bit too condescending.
    If you can't see the humour in the thread, a thread that has developed into a satirical thread based on the show and has lots of posters and a good camaraderie, that is fair enough.
    If you enjoy the soap, the acting, the characters, the plots, the writing, the dialogue, good for you but a lot of people on here watch it mainly to have a laugh on the thread and no doubt we are a negative bunch and will perhaps always see the worst but sure, we are Irish! We love to slag! And Fair City gives us plenty of fuel to do so!!

Oh, and just a word of warning. That Cathal Spillane is bad news, you should stay away from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Was the whole story about Ellie going bra shopping made up?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Have you come over to this thread straight from the Fair City Facebook 'groupie' page?
    'Cos I gotta tell you, we do things differently here...
    We don't praise the writers, actors, or producers with the enthusiasm of 13-year-olds. We see things as they are, and have developed a low threshold for bullsh1t.
    We watch it for the crack that we can have on this thread. I mean, why the hell else would you watch it?
    "If you don't like it, don't watch It"
    Alas, such simple sentiments don't apply here. Through the compulsory licence fee, we too pay for this abomination, and are certainly entitled to watch it and critise it afterwards when criticism is called for.
    If you wanted a slavish Fair City support group, then it's a pity, but perhaps this thread is not for you.
    Though I suspect that, like the rest of us, who pretend to never watch FC, you'll dip in and out of here regularly.
    You're always welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭waterlesshouse

the last few eps have been rehash of stories already done... with the SAME charachters

Heather, Ellie, Doctor Evil.. leave for Brazil. John Deegan starts asking questions and telling those left behind they can be charged with various criminal acts....

Pete, the money, Wayne, ex wife,

Cathal Spillane...

Oisin and Callum childish acts

Sash and Laura

and please tell Kevin to do something else with his hands. He folds his arms in 99% of his scenes. Kerb, Cawfee, Cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don't watch it to slag it off, I watch it because I'd be doing f*ck all else and I've watched it too long now to give up now. I have enjoyed it in the past but the last year the soap has been really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I think it's time the writers dropped a plane or something on Carrigstown to have a cull of a lot of characters and start again. Just kill off all the Phelans, Paul and Niamh, Damien Pete and Caoimhe. Hang on to Deegan, because someone will need to investigate why the plane fell from the sky and only he can do this, plus all those Sudoko and crossword puzzles won't complete themselves.

This group in Fair City is creepy surely it's turning into a cult?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭threetrees

The last 3 episodes all started with Caoimhe, Damian and talk of minding Saoirse with Emmet coming along shortly. They really don't move far from a set formula do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Yer one Hannah reminds me of Yvonne Doyle.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are you one of writers or directors LOL?

bazermc wrote: »
    No. What are ye going to be about it. Call the Caps?

Still laughing at this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

https://www.facebook.com/faircityfans/

you'd find yourself more at home there they're all deluded too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Murdoc90 wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/faircityfans/

you'd find yourself more at home there they're all deluded too ;)

Or, A. Person could start a new thread to extol FC, I'd like to see how many positive posts would contribute to a thread like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement