Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Grady Boyd wrote: »
    I think Ellie gets too much hate on here, you only have to listen to Joe Duffy a couple of times to know that every 3rd child these days has a special needs helper at school so maybe a lot of11/12 yos are like her these days ?

She is one of the most annoying characters ever on Fair City. Some of that is the script, some of that is the actress. Its not good no matter which side you blame. not sure what the special needs reference is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The child actors on Fair City always tend to be annoying for some reason. I was delighted when Ben was sent to America.

Although, kids in general annoy me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭laylag

The child actors on Fair City always tend to be annoying for some reason. I was delighted when Ben was sent to America.

Although, kids in general annoy me

I agree but Ruthie is a legend amongst the fair city kids! One of the best actors on the show.
    Also, Wayne and orlas fella was good when he found the big bag of money!
    Ellie, Ben and Zoe were terrible in it...glad to see the back of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Opening scene for every episode for last few episodes. ...Emmet drinking coffee outside Vinos with miserable face. ...Caoimhe suddenly emerges and it develops into a conversation about her domestic problems......

One of the most boring FC storylines ever is this endless Damien Caoimhe crap, and the gas thing is, its been going on nearly a year at this stage. They come into it every 3 months just to spout the same old "I'm a working mom and you aren't being supportive enough" routine, with Caoimhe moaning about work, neckless moaning about her moaning, they both moaning about babysitting the child....another big row,then off again for another 3 months. Its the exact same script!!! And this is now the FOURTH round of Damien and Caoimhe since last year, fcuking hell the script writers should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Grady Boyd

Dermot Ben paul and Niamh back to square next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Sash kick Laura out of her own flat :p I hope Nikki returns

• Registered Users Posts: 30,630 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Has Fair City any teenagers in the cast at the moment?
    Most soaps generally have a few teenagers lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

I hope the self help cult story line doesn't end up in a Waco situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I misread as "does" for a minute ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Has Fair City any teenagers in the cast at the moment?
    Most soaps generally have a few teenagers lying around.
    Fair city teenagers are either holidaying in the Galapagos or on the run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

One of the most boring FC storylines ever is this endless Damien Caoimhe crap, and the gas thing is, its been going on nearly a year at this stage. They come into it every 3 months just to spout the same old "I'm a working mom and you aren't being supportive enough" routine, with Caoimhe moaning about work, neckless moaning about her moaning, they both moaning about babysitting the child....another big row,then off again for another 3 months. Its the exact same script!!! And this is now the FOURTH round of Damien and Caoimhe since last year, fcuking hell the script writers should be shot.

They have zero chemistry as a couple either. They act as if they have been married for 35 years and hate each other's guts.....it's a wonder they ever got married.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭jos28

NNNOOOOO !!!! Not another seige

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Its so obvious where that story is heading. The recruitment drive has been a more consistant storyline than Katy being missing for a fookin year. Once again the entire show has gone nuclear and can't seem to address stories that are relevant to modern day society. Ratings and only ratings, combined with gob****es that actively watch it to see when the next "who shot JR" moment comes up and accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

FC don't put anything exciting/watchable during the summer, I think RTE staff take a 3 month summer holiday, just like our government. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,182 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

FC don't put anything exciting/watchable during the summer, I think RTE staff take a 3 month summer holiday, just like our government. :mad:

RTE? Government? Schools? All the same thing and mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The script writers should get 3 months off during the summer

To get over the shame and embarrassment of writing this bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

Are we due a seige? Didn't get much of a srand off when KT got out. Bit of a stabbing, LG falls into the sea and KT walked home and gave everyone the silent treatment. Also will we be seeing the forced resignation of John Deegan and Allanah Goth Cop? Surely no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

The Galapogas thing that seems to be getting latched onto here, wasn't it mentioned she went back to Wales with the other one? Pretty certain it was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

The Galapogas thing that seems to be getting latched onto here, wasn't it mentioned she went back to Wales with the other one? Pretty certain it was

IIRC - the sister came back from Wales to bring her to the Galapagos for a holiday.....but they never came back.....not so much as a postcard to say she was moving to Wales.

The actress who plays the sister was on tv one day and said that the story was that she was now in Wales as the younger actress wanted a break to concentrate on school in real life.

I think the writers forgot to put the bit where she moved to Wales to live with her sister into the script.....but I think they were a bit side tracked with 'The Plan' at the time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Afollower

Farah's black roots are all I see anymore! I'm obsessed! Please could we start a collection to give her the price of a hairdo??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

pjohnson wrote: »
    I misread as "does" for a minute ha.

Well IF it does end up in a Waco type siege I have a great idea/storyline it to make it more real. During the real Waco siege the law were using light and sound intimidation on the compound. They would shine bright lights at them once night time came and they blasted music on giant speakers with the same songs on a loop.

One night they played These boots are made for walking by Nancy Sinatra over and over.

Deegan will give Leo his loudspeaker and for 12 hours Leo will play The Auld Triangle over and over with his trusty acoustic guitar.

There ye go lads my idea could easily be stretched over a week of FC episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,985 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

chuckles30 wrote: »
    IIRC - the sister came back from Wales to bring her to the Galapagos for a holiday.....but they never came back.....not so much as a postcard to say she was moving to Wales.

The actress who plays the sister was on tv one day and said that the story was that she was now in Wales as the younger actress wanted a break to concentrate on school in real life.

I think the writers forgot to put the bit where she moved to Wales to live with her sister into the script.....but I think they were a bit side tracked with 'The Plan' at the time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's pretty much it. The Plan storyline was so convoluted with about 500 different elements to it that they hadn't even got time to explain where Zoe was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Strazdas wrote: »
    That's pretty much it. The Plan storyline was so convoluted with about 500 different elements to it that they hadn't even got time to explain where Zoe was.

Not only that but they also included several scenes in January between Dermot and Ben where Zoe was specifically mentioned eg "Zoe will be home soon, I will provide for you and Zoe, all three of us will be safe soon". meaning they even forgot to write out any mention of Zoe when it was obvious she wasn't coming back. Lazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Perhaps Zoe is just Bens imaginary friend. Why else is there no Find Zoe posters being put up in Carraigstown and Galway. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Doug got rid of the Hitler haircut I see.

So now RoboYank and fake Yank accented Lycra Laura are best mates????

Stay clear of him, lovely Jane, the man is bad news :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ooh Jane has a new red top.

Scraggs wrote: »
    Ooh Jane has a new red top.

It is Green Jane forever.

Red is for stop, green is for go

097_4e63dd2191f365c0a412745d7070e0ca7275e5d4.jpg

THE RAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ha, Tommy said the "stay away from him" line!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement