Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Every time Christy Ah No says Dan Keating, it sounds like he is saying "the kitchen".
    Which means his lines are odd and make no sense.
    So no difference really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

fin12 wrote: »
    Haha Ciarans adding to his collection. I hate Dermot, he's a bloody pr1ck. Just call the guards on him and wipe that smug look off his face.

Ciaran is beginning to show more and more of his true character wrt Emmett the last few episodes. It is only a matter of time when Emmett will begin to get suspicious.

The Dermot story is where I predicted it would go. He'd survive to face the consequences of what he did. Is he still being written out though? Or will an unlikely combination of Paul, Niamh and Jane (who will all feel betrayed by him in different ways) be lining up to stop him? 100K of Paul's money is already gone for good.

Dermot is not a likeable character at the moment. His character has been made more interesting though. It is good to give characters like him who were merely filler more of a role. Scammer Dermot is much more interesting than hapless family man Dermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,835 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Ciaran is beginning to show more and more of his true character wrt Emmett the last few episodes. It is only a matter of time when Emmett will begin to get suspicious.

The Dermot story is where I predicted it would go. He'd survive to face the consequences of what he did. Is he still being written out though? Or will an unlikely combination of Paul, Niamh and Jane (who will all feel betrayed by him in different ways) be lining up to stop him? 100K of Paul's money is already gone for good.

Dermot is not a likeable character at the moment. His character has been made more interesting though. It is good to give characters like him who were merely filler more of a role. Scammer Dermot is much more interesting than hapless family man Dermot.

Alarm bells should be ringing for Emmett and Eoghan. Ciaran is a virtual stranger who charmed his way into their lives very recently but now has an intense and irrational hatred for Emmett. They should be sussing that nothing adds up about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Cormdogg

coolhull wrote: »
    No, Zoe has been adopted by a family of giant turtles out in the Galapogos. Islands. But I predict they'll soon get p1ssed off with her miserable, unsmiling face.

Tortoises ;)

On the back of Wanderers excellent summary of WTF is going on currently in FC you would think every TV critic in the country would have at least something to say about how abismal the national soap is. How do the tv scedule writers in the papers not just write "This week in FC, not just the usual garbage but some real barrell scraping b@llix!" Instead when the Plan ends or KT ever gets out we'll have afew of the actors doing the rounds, Ray Darcy, maybe even the Late Late being interviewed like it's acadamy award season or they've reveald who shot JR. Not one interviewer will take them to task and just ask "really?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Heather had a successful book written about her and Floyd. She fled to Brazil and came back broke and then was hospitalised. I am unsure about the Leitrim connection. Was she from there? I don't remember if she was brought up there by her adopted parents? I assume she is renting this cottage and is not the owner of it.

'The Good Sister' was the title if i'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

nagdefy wrote: »
    Heather had a successful book written about her and Floyd. She fled to Brazil and came back broke and then was hospitalised. I am unsure about the Leitrim connection. Was she from there? I don't remember if she was brought up there by her adopted parents? I assume she is renting this cottage and is not the owner of it.

'The Good Sister' was the title if i'm not mistaken.
    Hi. Nagdefy. Happy new year. Hope all well.

Just back on after 10 days off. My dad passed away last Tuesday. He was ill for 3 years and age 90 so more a celebration of a life. Still everything feels surreal this week.

Hope you're keeping well and got over to the UK safely and back for Christmas.

P.s. I've caught up on FC very quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just back on after 10 days off. My dad passed away last Tuesday. He was ill for 3 years and age 90 so more a celebration of a life. Still everything feels surreal this week.

Hope you're keeping well and got over to the UK safely and back for Christmas.

Omg. I knew something up when I saw no posts. Sad about your dad but what an amazing age. Hope chest ok again. Great to have you back.

Omg. I knew something up when I saw no posts. Sad about your dad but what an amazing age. Hope chest ok again. Great to have you back.

All good donkeykong:) Back to work next week so i'll be posting less anyways:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sorry for your lost mate : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Its going to be a tight squeeze with KT, Heather, Farrah and Ellie all in Ciarans cell

A few weeks ago we wouldn't have expected Heather to be involved in the KT storyline.

Even before looking at spoilers i like the idea, as Heather is likely to do something mad and be proactive. In comparison Katy has been in the cell for 8 months and has been as docile as an elderly donkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Pity Ciaran didn't have a spare 100k knocking about as Robbie could hook him and Katy up with passports.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Condolences, nagdfy. But he had a good life, I'm sure.

It's strange that you caught up on FC so quickly. I don't know how you did that. With all the amazing plot twists, fantastic, totally believable new characters, and stories that never, ever, drag on past an episode or two it takes someone special to keep abreast of it all. I'm always astounded by the fast pace of the series and sometimes wish the writers would slow things down a little. The plots ( for instance KT's kidnapping, the PLAN, Emmet or Cass's wardrobe changes, the exciting basketball games ) all happen so quickly and end so cleanly that I'm left breathless.

*I may be being a little sarcastic here*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What exactly is a Drumshambo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Sorry to hear about your Dad nagdefy.

bazermc wrote: »
    What exactly is a Drumshambo?

A town in the northwest of Ireland.

A town in the northwest of Ireland.

Home of Eurovision winner Charlie McGettigan among others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,215 ✭✭✭✭walshb

bazermc wrote: »
    Its going to be a tight squeeze with KT, Heather, Farrah and Ellie all in Ciarans cell

And the fooking smell of the Hungry Pig off it! Jaysus....

So my guess is that Heather will suspect Ciaran as the KT Culprit but no one will believe her because she's crazy oe that she has it in for Farrah/LH.

I'm really surprised Nina hasnt been flown in from London to cover the Liver Transplant story or Chilean brothers open new restaurant

Cormdogg wrote: »
    So my guess is that Heather will suspect Ciaran as the KT Culprit but no one will believe her because she's crazy oe that she has it in for Farrah/LH.

I'm really surprised Nina hasnt been flown in from London to cover the Liver Transplant story or Chilean brothers open new restaurant

Has the Chilean restaurant opened yet, beating the previous FC record for a business to be thought up, set up and opened? That being Jo's launderette (with built in wifi and no staff required) which came about in the space of an episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Fair City Fans page on Facebook put up some pics of tonight!

Im so sick of Dermot. Even his new liver wants him to foooook the hell off. He's some dose.
    I feel sorry for people who are lactually ooking organ transplants. FC did no justice to them at all. Theyve made getting a transplant look easy

That looks likely. Heather will be the hero of this storyline I feel too. She could confront an unbelieving Farrah about it and then Farrah finds out bit by bit Heather is telling the truth. Already the supermarket bag of food has been noticed by Farrah.

That looks likely. Heather will be the hero of this storyline I feel too. She could confront an unbelieving Farrah about it and then Farrah finds out bit by bit Heather is telling the truth. Already the supermarket bag of food has been noticed by Farrah.

I'm trying to remember, do Heather and Katy know each other? Their paths must have overlapped on a couple of occasions but I'm not sure if I ever recall them having a conversation.

Strazdas wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember, do Heather and Katy know each other? Their paths must have overlapped on a couple of occasions but I'm not sure if I ever recall them having a conversation.

They never interacted! But that won't bother the writers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolcat1991

I just remebred Elly and Ben are half siblings did the writer's forget that Brendan is Ben's bio father

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

On the back of Wanderers excellent summary of WTF is going on currently in FC you would think every TV critic in the country would have at least something to say about how abismal the national soap is. How do the tv scedule writers in the papers not just write "This week in FC, not just the usual garbage but some real barrell scraping b@llix!" Instead when the Plan ends or KT ever gets out we'll have afew of the actors doing the rounds, Ray Darcy, maybe even the Late Late being interviewed like it's acadamy award season or they've reveald who shot JR. Not one interviewer will take them to task and just ask "really?"

Exactly! 100% agree with you my friend. Why oh why is it such a taboo subject to take the mick out of FC? Gift Grub do it, tv critics do it, hell we do it here every day for fun, and yet every single time I have seen a FC actor or actress appear on a radio show, talk show or even being interviewed at an event, the dialogue is strictly professional and the plot lines are discussed as if they were sacred and the most exciting developments you could hope for in a tv drama, when in reality they were thrown together on a WhatsApp group between script writer # 26 and 87.

Cue lots of "oh my GAWD" from Clelia Murphy when interviewed on Two Tube about the Michael affair story and not one interjection from either host to say how much FC is mocked across various mediums. I don't expect the actors to turn around and say "Yeah you are right its a load of crap I just smile and wait for the money" because as Jo and Harry Molloy know only too well, you don't criticise FC EVER. But even recently Paul, Bob and Hayley were on Ray D'Arcy and of all the people who I imagined would make a crack at FC I thought he would but it was all "dance around the massive white elephant that FC is crap" standard crowd pleasing jokes about Paul being a womanizer.

The only Irish journalist with the guts to do it would be Brendan O Connor but then again I saw him interview Delores and Lucy and again it was all safe crowd pleasing stuff. Are the people behind FC so thin skinned that they put a blanket ban on any negative light that the show is painted in?? Fecking idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

walshb wrote: »
    Has the Chilean restaurant opened yet, beating the previous FC record for a business to be thought up, set up and opened? That being Jo's launderette (with built in wifi and no staff required) which came about in the space of an episode!

I think The Hungry Pig beats the record for a business to open up on FC, one day it wasn't there then in the next episode it was up and running. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement