Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Pete and Damien's hardware shop was both opened and closed in minutes with a mere suggestion!
    "Will we open a shop,Damo?" " Yeah,ok". Shop is open.
    "Will we close down the shop,Pete?" "Spose." Shop is closed.
    Simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Sorry to hear about your Dad nagdefy. Hope you have lots of good memories to remember him by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Just saw some pics on the FC FB page :eek:
    If
    Heather gets thrown into the padded cell, KT will be climbing up to escape out that skylight in no time !

• Registered Users Posts: 56,216 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think The Hungry Pig beats the record for a business to open up on FC, one day it wasn't there then in the next episode it was up and running. :rolleyes:

Ye, but does it have built in wifi?

• Registered Users Posts: 56,216 ✭✭✭✭walshb

BTW, where's the tomato chopping bare knuckle boxing Guinness headed Dean these days?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Tonight will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I think The Hungry Pig beats the record for a business to open up on FC, one day it wasn't there then in the next episode it was up and running.

Not as quick as the speakeasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

The Raptor wrote: »
    Tonight will be good.

Just saw the preview on Player, wow I'm actually excited now!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,179 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Exactly! 100% agree with you my friend. Why oh why is it such a taboo subject to take the mick out of FC? Gift Grub do it, tv critics do it, hell we do it here every day for fun, and yet every single time I have seen a FC actor or actress appear on a radio show, talk show or even being interviewed at an event, the dialogue is strictly professional and the plot lines are discussed as if they were sacred and the most exciting developments you could hope for in a tv drama, when in reality they were thrown together on a WhatsApp group between script writer # 26 and 87.

Cue lots of "oh my GAWD" from Clelia Murphy when interviewed on Two Tube about the Michael affair story and not one interjection from either host to say how much FC is mocked across various mediums. I don't expect the actors to turn around and say "Yeah you are right its a load of crap I just smile and wait for the money" because as Jo and Harry Molloy know only too well, you don't criticise FC EVER. But even recently Paul, Bob and Hayley were on Ray D'Arcy and of all the people who I imagined would make a crack at FC I thought he would but it was all "dance around the massive white elephant that FC is crap" standard crowd pleasing jokes about Paul being a womanizer.

The only Irish journalist with the guts to do it would be Brendan O Connor but then again I saw him interview Delores and Lucy and again it was all safe crowd pleasing stuff. Are the people behind FC so thin skinned that they put a blanket ban on any negative light that the show is painted in?? Fecking idiots.

Well said.

1. Most interviews take place on RTE TV/Radio - The "home" of FC. There has always been a back slapping practice across the entire RTE stable no matter how crap any actor, presenter, TV/Radio show is. They do not under any circumstances criticize their own breed.

2. The general media in Ireland has become so consumed with so called "celebrity", Irish style, that it seldom condemns FC. They are all probably afraid of meeting at the irrelevant IFTA's.

Even beyond FC and in the world of Irish Film and TV , the same carry on continues. Back slapping BS. A small group of Actors hoovering up parts and kissing lots of arse to hoover up said parts. Combine this with producers, directors and other crew who all think they are some kind of wonderkid and the cycle continues. Nobody really criticizes and if you do, you're a begrudger. That's why 90% of Irish TV/Film output is muck. It's one big cesspit of self inflated ego, devoid of talent and built on the basis of being in with RTE, IFB or TV3, which are all intertwined in the mediocre world of Irish media and so called celebrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Just saw the preview on Player, wow I'm actually excited now!

Don't be. Usually when something big is promised to happen in FC, it actually happens about 4-6 weeks later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

Ciaran is beginning to show more and more of his true character wrt Emmett the last few episodes. It is only a matter of time when Emmett will begin to get suspicious.

How much more time does Emmett need?!

Surely you can't take a foster kid off like that? I don't know anything about fostering but if the remaining parent is sick, shouldn't the kid be put elsewhere?

Bet he'll lock her up with Katy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

That is so believable that he would have the tablet there left on...

At. Fupping. Last.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Did Heather and Katy know each other?!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,741 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We have development about f*cking time but will anyone believe looney Heather

RobertKK wrote: »
    That is so believable that he would have the tablet there left on...

Well he did say that he had alot going on, he probably forgot.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭dogcat

How did the voice changer suddenly sound like Heather, not in that deep voice we've always had?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

dogcat wrote: »
    How did the voice changer suddenly sound like Heather, not in that deep voice we've always had?

He presses a button to activate the deep voice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

FINALLY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

So now there will be two locked up for the next eight months, wonderful.... The writers don't have the balls to progress this story.

Hopefully Katy gets some company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

No..

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

I bet he does a runner now to avoid both Farrah's anger at being betrayed and any potential snitching by Heather.

She can't take Ellie and leave. Will this be it with Katy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Ah ffs

Probably saw her on Crimeline...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

is there anywhere love/hate could get a fake passport and get out of the country. . .

• Advertisement

Ah for fcuk sake, what about Katy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement