Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v7] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭carolinej

Go Farrah !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

is there anywhere love/hate could get a fake passport and get out of the country. . .

lol.

It looks so simple to arrange...

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

If this was written in any proper way Heather would have spat it out by now about Ciarán

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭SuperDude87

Is it just me or did anyone else actually enjoy that episode of Fair City?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It all seemed rather ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

The Reckoning..... at last.

Dermot's storyline really is beyond ridiculous.

A decent, honest man flips completely. Embezzles millions from a friend to provide for 2 kids who aren't on the poverty line. Then all the crazy 'logistics'.

Then don't even talk about the two 'Chile Peppers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

nagdefy wrote: »

A decent, honest man flips completely. Embezzles millions from a friend to provide for 2 kids who aren't on the poverty line. Then all the crazy 'logistics'.

Don't forget the mother of said kids fought for years to bring them into the home, suddenly one of the kids is sick, she worries for weeks, brings him to America for care apparently he can't get in Ireland,, shacks up with the Doctor and tells the kid to f off back to Ireland in his American style clothing attire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Damn that Una Kavanagh can act. I didn't even know I was holding my breath for the whole scene where Ciaran was about to whack her, it was great stuff. They say the measure of an actor is if they can make you BELIEVE what they say and the logic behind their actions and she does that in spades. I feel so many things for Heather it does my head in- anger that she has such a nasty side to her and she drives people away. Deep pity that she is a woman in mental distress (Irish stigma alive and well with Emmets "headcase" comment). Shes a complex person played extremely well.
    I cant imagine even Heather though will let Katy rot just to see Ellie, shes a mother herself so she surely can feel the pain of The O Briens.
    And despite this, some boring one trick pony character like CAROL will probably get nominated for an award for playing the same old poor me school of hard knocks story she has been playing for years now, theres no justice.

Weird ending tonight, almost as if it was mid-scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

they should have another programme after fair city called 'the xtra fair city' where they could feature that crowd and they could nearly stick in Dermot's story along with them - and leave us with the KT story for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

dogcat wrote: »
    How did the voice changer suddenly sound like Heather, not in that deep voice we've always had?

I missed the last few days, only home!

But this post sums up so much about this plot!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

For 2 kids that arnt even his. !

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭youwould

they should have another programme after fair city called 'the xtra fair city' where they could feature that crowd and they could nearly stick in Dermot's story along with them - and leave us with the KT story for the moment

One FC is quite enough for anyone I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

I missed the last few days, only home!

But this post sums up so much about this plot!

He presses a button and holds down every time he talks to Katy in order to activate that deep voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It was definitely one of the better episodes. Great scene with Heather and Ciaran. Best acting I've seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

It was definitely one of the better episodes. Great scene with Heather and Ciaran. Best acting I've seen in a while.

Una Kavanagh acting in FC is the equivalent of a Premier League footballer joining a group of lads having a kickabout in the Park- he totally dominates the game and makes the other players (utter utter crap like Christiano setting up- ah who cares) look obsolete. Shes too good for FC. Even a whole episode of just Heather and Bob looking at each other in silence is still 10 times better than the majority of episodes this year.
    If they could match decent actors like Bob and Heather with equally talented scriptwriters, FC could be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

youwould wrote: »
    One FC is quite enough for anyone I think!

what I meant is keep the good bits in one show and the other filler stories in the extra so you could skip it

• Registered Users Posts: 56,216 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Una Kavanagh acting in FC is the equivalent of a Premier League footballer joining a group of lads having a kickabout in the Park- he totally dominates the game and makes the other players (utter utter crap like Christiano setting up- ah who cares) look obsolete. Shes too good for FC. Even a whole episode of just Heather and Bob looking at each other in silence is still 10 times better than the majority of episodes this year.
    If they could match decent actors like Bob and Heather with equally talented scriptwriters, FC could be brilliant.

Cheshire Cat. Give it a rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I thought it was a great episode tonight, great by FC standards.... Not reading spoilers makes it better. :).... They let themselves down with the sense where Jane says, "I have to collect Ben from school" .. FFS, how embarrassing will that be for 6ft, 13 year old Ben having to be collected from school.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

dermot's doctor is from killinascully.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭silverlight69

so glad Heather came back. Ama by comparison is depressing to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

What did I miss?? Haven't seen it in over a week

• Registered Users Posts: 86,741 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Good as they so not red hot

dermot's doctor is from killinascully.

She's been taking lessons from Jo I think. Sounded very like her when she exclaimed "Dermish!" ;)

I thought it was a great episode tonight, great by FC standards.... Not reading spoilers makes it better. :).... They let themselves down with the sense where Jane says, "I have to collect Ben from school" .. FFS, how embarrassing will that be for 6ft, 13 year old Ben having to be collected from school.. :rolleyes:

Ben's fake passport gave a birth date of 2006. He definitely was not born before 2005 so he could only be 11 at most.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,741 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jane's face when she found out Robbie knew :p was going say priceless but she always has a price

• Registered Users Posts: 15 coolcat1991

Can't belive Ben and Ellie are like the same
    Ellie talks like 4 year old and somtimes behaves like one
    Ben talks like a normal 12 year old and acts a least his age in he can be annyoung at times but what preeteen boy hasn't had their moments

Ellie is mommy going to be sick again

Ben Dad you should have told me im a bit a little child

Ellie is blooming mollycolddle
    Ben seems to grown up a bit since he got away from smoothering Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Haha just watch the Fair city extra clip on RTÉ Player, it's hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,216 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I know FC is bad, but surely Cheshire Cat won't just forget K T and never have another scene with LH? I know it's seen as virtuous to keep you word, but this is different!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement